Opinions on initial blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online

C_drex

I had initial labs done and received a script for TRT. 44 year old male, 6'2", 211lbs. Body fat is unknown, but higher than I want. I am looking for some input from those with experience as a second opinion.
T total 657 348 - 1197
T free 12.5 6.8 - 21.5
TSH 1.290 .15 - 4.5
Tri 3.6. 2.0 - 4.4
T4 1.51 .82 - 1.77
LH 4.8 1.7 - 8.6
FSH 5.3 1.5 - 12.4
DHEA 130 102.6 - 416.3
Estr. 22.5 7.6 - 42.6

My TRT program is:
Test Cyp @ 160mg 1 x wk
HCG @ 250iu 2 x wk
Anastrozole @ .5mg 2 x wk

I am mostly concerned with increasing my mood, energy and sex drive, decreasing body fat and improving my recovery from manual labor. My wife and I are looking to have baby. She is having difficulty conceiving and I do not want to jeopardize that process. Increased sexual function should help, but I hope it is not at the cost of decreased sperm quality and quantity.
So my questions are:
1. Should I be on TRT?
2. Is my Test dose correct?
3. Is the Anastrozole dose right, it seems high to start here?

Thanks,
CD

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your labs without TRT looks good, I would not go on testosterone. It would make it harder to conceive a baby. I would look into raising your libido and testosterone in different ways.

ERO

Agree with Vince. Your T levels are great for your age and TRT is not nearly as "fun" as many people assume. If you T levels are super low, its great, but with your as high as they are I would not start TRT now - maybe when you are older.

Also, your TRT protocol, had you started that, has your Anastrozol WAY overdosed. Better TRT doctors start people without an AI and only add in at very, very small amounts if-needed. Better to cut the T dose in half an inject every 3.5 days as well rather than once a week.

CoastWatcher

Your labs wouldn't justify TRT in my doctor's practice, particularly if you and your wife are hoping to have a child. On top of this, then protocpl you were.prescribed may lead to other problems. Your weekly dose of testosterone is on the high side - for a single dose. Most of us, working with TRT-skilled doctors, do well on multiple doses of a smaller amount of testosterone over the course of a week. This gives us even serum levels and avoids estradiol issues. Speaking of estradiol, I am surprised your doctor prescribed an AI in the absence of proof you need one.

Last edited:

C_drex

Great feedback, thanks. Your responses are exactly why I came here and posted. The protocol seemed very generic, with the exception of the test dose. My total T is good, is the free T a concern? It appears to be in range, but I saw some sources stating <65pg/ml was low. Is pushing total T up going to address this?

CoastWatcher

Great feedback, thanks. Your responses are exactly why I came here and posted. The protocol seemed very generic, with the exception of the test dose. My total T is good, is the free T a concern? It appears to be in range, but I saw some sources stating <65pg/ml was low. Is pushing total T up going to address this?

Were the labs you presented drawn in the morning? Was SHBG tested? That's one of the key factors in unwrapping the free testosterone issue. It also is a good indicator as to how frequently during the course of a week a man should inject.

C_drex

First thing in the morning draw, fasted. SHBG wasn't testing as far as I can see. Would it be called something else? What if anything can be made of DHEA being on the low end of the range?

ERO

It is fairly common to have DHEA at the low-end since the body lowers natural DHEA production as we age. Something like 25mg in capsule form daily would likely bring that right up to the upper quartile of the range where you want it.

SHBG is only called SHBG and you generally have to specially ask for it to be tested, or test yourself. www.discountedlabs.com

C_drex

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait on the trt for now. The wife and are have a few more months to to try fertility treatments. After that is done I'll have labs done again to see where my SHBG is and go from there.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait on the trt for now. The wife and are have a few more months to to try fertility treatments. After that is done I'll have labs done again to see where my SHBG is and go from there.

TRT will be available if you need and want it. All the best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me