HCG-Is It Worth It ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

I wanted to ask the community if you will, how is it worth adding HCG to your TRT excluding testicular shrinkage ?
I understand the affects of TRT on testicle size as I have begun to experience this. My boys have down sized by at least a third and it seems (hopefully) they might have stabilized.
My Total T is 1052 , my Free T is 19 and I am waiting for my E-2 results to come in. I have very little sex drive and poor erectile quality. I would have thought a spike in testosterone in general would have shown some results.
So my question to ALL of those who have added HCG was it worth it and how did it make a difference in their day to day life ?
With the out of pocket expense of adding to TRT it would seem to me to ask the questions first.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Smokin Joe

If anyone is on TRT and not having decreased sex drive and testicular atrophy, then HCG really may not be a must. The cost of HCG is 75 dollars for 11 weeks of treatment (plus doctor visit if it is your first prescription).

I really think that HCG also has some mood enhancing effects.

There are LH receptors all through the body and the brain that are basically dormant when you are on TRT and our LH is suppressed. HCG may activate these receptors. However, there is very little research on the subject.

The Use of HCG to Prevent / Reverse Testicular Shrinkage and Preserve Fertility
Can't get a HCG prescription?

Joe

I have been on/off hcg since starting TRT and there is a noticeable difference when taking hcg with my testosterone. Many guys including me experience an increase in mood and libido. It may not help with erectile function unless it's related to you having a low sex drive. There are other good medications and which can help with erectile function when needed.

I must add that there are also men who do not respond at all to hcg, or they may not experience any improvement in libido or mood.

Smokin Joe

Thanks Guys-I'll give it a try. I've been in touch with Defy recently. I need something other than T as my mood and spirits
have been out of sorts for awhile.

Argelius

Quick question RE HCG (which I think was partially addressed above). So, is HCG primary "cosmetic" (i.e. to reverse loss of testicular volume) or are there any other expected benefits? (It sounds like a soft benefit include elevation of sex drive).

I'm new to TRT and generally pleased with my response so far. (My only side effect after 8 weeks is testicular shrinkage). I'm now just starting to get a little anxious about the need to chase down all the other downstream side effects (elevated PSA, HCT, Estradiol, etc).

Vince

Super Moderator
Quick question RE HCG (which I think was partially addressed above). So, is HCG primary "cosmetic" (i.e. to reverse loss of testicular volume) or are there any other expected benefits? (It sounds like a soft benefit include elevation of sex drive).

I'm new to TRT and generally pleased with my response so far. (My only side effect after 8 weeks is testicular shrinkage). I'm now just starting to get a little anxious about the need to chase down all the other downstream side effects (elevated PSA, HCT, Estradiol, etc).

HCG will help with libido, penis sensitivity and mood enhancing, there is probably even more things that HCG helps :rolleyes: oh yeah helps you keep you boys and semen.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
One cannot believe that a self induced shut down of a hormone like LH is either healthy or normal...it's not.

LH plays many roles in the body besides just testicular volume.

There are basic questions being asked here and why I posted the link to the HCG forum above so men can learn.

TRT practitioners don't add HCG for no reason...think about it.

maneframe150

One cannot believe that a self induced shut down of a hormone like LH is either healthy or normal...it's not.

LH plays many roles in the body besides just testicular volume.

There are basic questions being asked here and why I posted the link to the HCG forum above so men can learn.

TRT practitioners don't add HCG for no reason...think about it.

TRT practitioners don't add HCG for no reason? I'm confused. Seems like common sense to add it, so seriously, why don't they?

Vitamin_C

I've had no problems with using 500 IU a week in my regiment, my testicles are plump and full, however at 500 IU a week it has not raised my testosterone very high in conjunction with a low dose of T-gel. I am bumping up my T-gel from 50mg to 100mg to get out of the 500's TT range. I find hcg easy to use, it has also not elevated my estrogen at all but everyone is different, I tend to run on the low end of the estrogen spectrum anyways.

ERO

TRT practitioners don't add HCG for no reason? I'm confused. Seems like common sense to add it, so seriously, why don't they?

This should be amended to read "Knowledgeable TRT practitioners don't add it for no reason..." The problem is that most regular docs and Endos are not knowledgeable about TRT.

This should be amended to read "Knowledgeable TRT practitioners don't add it for no reason..." The problem is that most regular docs and Endos are not knowledgeable about TRT.

lest we forget its also off label if I'm not mistaken and so many doc's shy from it for that reason alone. Just like prescribing Anastrozole.

CoastWatcher

lest we forget its also off label if I'm not mistaken and so many doc's shy from it for that reason alone. Just like prescribing Anastrozole.

It boils down to civil liability. Should, in the very unlikely event, something goes wrong, the monetary damages for prescribing off-label are likely to be much higher. The fear of litigation is, in some cases, driving the unwillingness to prescribe.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator

It's no longer off label for the use by hypogonadal men.

The drug package insert states it very clearly:

http://www.drugs.com/pro/novarel.html
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/017692s021lbl.pdf

2. Selected cases of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (hypogonadism secondary to a pituitarydeficiency) in males.

Vision

When I started TRT, I constantly felt like id been kicked in the nuts!! Then came HCG and the pain is gone. I got none of the libido increase that others speak of, however not being in throbbing pain constantly made me a believer. Oh and I hadn't really noticed how small they had become until they came back!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me