How to Increase Absorption of Testosterone Gel

Buy Lab Tests Online

Henry

Hi,
My doc and I have been trying to nail down my Androgel 1.62 dosage and it's been pretty hard to nail it down. I started on the end of April and here are the results:

On July 2, 3 pumps, 350 iu's of HCG Mon, Wed, Fri - 585 total, 11.9 free, DHT-78 (ref 30-85)

On August 13, 4 pumps, 350iu's of HCG Mon, Wed, Fri - 838 total, 19 free (used lotion on skin 1 hour after application)

On October 3, 2 pumps, 250ui's of HCG Mon, Wed, Fri - 627 total (used lotion on skin 1 hour after application)

On October 7, 4 pumps, 150iu's of HCG ED - 506 total, 11.9 free, 27 E2

Here's the thing. I felt great on all doses. I don't feel a difference on 2, 3 or 4 pumps. We even played around with the HCG dosing and found that my testicles feel firmer on 350iu's EDO. We decided on 150iu's a day to keep E2 down and that's where I'm at now.

Could the lotion have caused such a jump?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
There is always variability in all serum levels when tested. Remember, when blood is pulled and tested it's just a snapshot in time so there will always be variance in serum levels from one pull to the next...it's all about metabolism.

You looked best at 4 pumps and a solid HCG protocol...why not stick to that?

Henry

There is always variability in all serum levels when tested. Remember, when blood is pulled and tested it's just a snapshot in time so there will always be variance in serum levels from one pull to the next...it's all about metabolism.

You looked best at 4 pumps and a solid HCG protocol...why not stick to that?

Hi,
He's keeping me on 4 pumps and in an effort to keep estradial down, he's going to have me inject 150iu's of hcg every day. I've been doing that for the past couple of weeks and have not had any sides or adverse effects. I'm going to also put lotion on afterwards. I've been lazy with applying lotion but I'm going to be more consistent with that now.

Thanks again

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I like your protocol especially your HCG injections. I too inject HCG daily at 125 iu.

There are many well known TRT Physicians who believe daily transdermal applications coupled with daily HCG injections is the ideal TRT protocol for men.

Make sure to apply your gel as soon as you get out of the shower as this will help with absorption as well.

Stop being lazy about your applying the gel...it's your health man LOL;)

Keep us posted on your progress in this thread Henry.

Gene

Henry

Thank you. We were actually going to shoot for 125iu's per day but the way the HCG is mixed, it only goes up in 50iu increments so we stuck with that. It's been good so far because the E2 stays around 27 and I have not had any sides. Also, my testicles have not gotten soft so it's working. I actually feel better on daily injections too.

Thanks again.

Yes, applying lotion increases absorption a lot.

Factors that Can Improve Testosterone Gel Absorption
Very True! My question to you Henry is why are you waiting an hour to apply lotion? I apply it as soon as the gel is dry which is within two minutes and I'm still undressed. It seems like the sooner you get the lotion on the better for the absorption process. Also saves a trip back to the bathroom, removing clothing then waiting for the lotion to dry before putting clothing back on.

Henry

Very True! My question to you Henry is why are you waiting an hour to apply lotion? I apply it as soon as the gel is dry which is within two minutes and I'm still undressed. It seems like the sooner you get the lotion on the better for the absorption process. Also saves a trip back to the bathroom, removing clothing then waiting for the lotion to dry before putting clothing back on.

Thank you, this is a great idea. I waited an hour because I was told to wait an hour after application before applying lotion. You make a great point though. I'll apply it earlier and see how it goes.

Cooper

Interesting about the lotion. Can you tell me what lotion you are using?

Henry

Interesting about the lotion. Can you tell me what lotion you are using?

Hi,
i use Vaseline's Men's Healing Fast Absorbing Moisturizer. I like this one because it dries fast, doesn't go on sticky and it's not greasy. I noticed that without any moisturizer, my shoulders would get dry quickly and I would get the 'doughnut glaze' effect. My doc said not to worry, that's the carrier in the Androgel but I feel that somewhere in there, I'm losing testosterone. Now with the moisturizer, I don't have that problem and I do see that it brings up my T levels

Hi,
i use Vaseline's Men's Healing Fast Absorbing Moisturizer. I like this one because it dries fast, doesn't go on sticky and it's not greasy. I noticed that without any moisturizer, my shoulders would get dry quickly and I would get the 'doughnut glaze' effect. My doc said not to worry, that's the carrier in the Androgel but I feel that somewhere in there, I'm losing testosterone. Now with the moisturizer, I don't have that problem and I do see that it brings up my T levels

Does this product have a scent? Vaseline is notorious for producing heavy scented products that scent sensitive people like me can't handle. In the past twenty years two of their women's skin care products had to be pulled off the market because the smell was making people ill in work enviroments. I use Gold Bond Ultimate For Men because it has very little scent. The scent is very light and pleasant and I can easily handle it. It's a smell like cold fresh mountain water with a hint of woodsyness. Makes me think of taking a shower under a waterfall in the middle of the forest! I think it would be great for guys who wear colognes or aftershaves because it wouldn't contrast with the scent. Like yours, it isn't sticky or greasy and dries quickly. Several months ago when I last saw my doctor and told him I was using a moisturizer on top of the gel he was quite pleased. When I told him it was Gold Bond he said "Good for you! It's the best product on the market especially for getting topical medications through the skin and into your system." Funny that you mentioned the "doughnut glaze" effect. I always wondered what to call that! I remember it from when I first started using gel without the moisturizer.

Henry

Does this product have a scent? Vaseline is notorious for producing heavy scented products that scent sensitive people like me can't handle. In the past twenty years two of their women's skin care products had to be pulled off the market because the smell was making people ill in work enviroments. I use Gold Bond Ultimate For Men because it has very little scent. The scent is very light and pleasant and I can easily handle it. It's a smell like cold fresh mountain water with a hint of woodsyness. Makes me think of taking a shower under a waterfall in the middle of the forest! I think it would be great for guys who wear colognes or aftershaves because it wouldn't contrast with the scent. Like yours, it isn't sticky or greasy and dries quickly. Several months ago when I last saw my doctor and told him I was using a moisturizer on top of the gel he was quite pleased. When I told him it was Gold Bond he said "Good for you! It's the best product on the market especially for getting topical medications through the skin and into your system." Funny that you mentioned the "doughnut glaze" effect. I always wondered what to call that! I remember it from when I first started using gel without the moisturizer.

Gold Bond......I'll give that a try. The Vaseline doesn't have a scent either. About the doughnut glaze, I feel that is does cause an absorption issue. Once it glazes over, my skin gets dry and it's a little hard. It feels like the glaze is a shell or something over my skin. Once I apply the moisturizer, the skin is softer and smoother and it's not dry anymore. I'm guessing that the alcohol causes the dryness.

Now during the summer, I don't really experience that problem but that's because it's hot and humid.

Henry

How long after applying the gel do you wait before applying the moisturizer?

I used to wait an hour based on what my doctor and I read about Androgel trials that the parma company did. Nelson put a link to the trial in an earlier post on this topic.

Now I wait 5 or so minutes until it dries, then I put the moisturizer right on. Now I don't get the drying and doughnut glaze effect anymore.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
One really needs to wait at least an hour after applying as moisturizers can cause a barrier and prevent the testosterone from absorbing correctly.

Henry

One really needs to wait at least an hour after applying as moisturizers can cause a barrier and prevent the testosterone from absorbing correctly.

You're right. I saw the doc today and brought up what you said. He agreed. He said there's a reason why they waited an hour in the study and he feels that applying it too soon will just smear it around, mess with absorption, and also cause more testosterone to be lost in your hands since you have to wash your hands again after rubbing lotion on to minimize secondary exposure.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
This is an excerpt from Dr. John Crisler's ebook The Low T Book.

Note he says 12 hours for application of a lotion not 1 hour.

Absorption is improved, especially in the dry winter months, if a good emollient is applied to the skin, about twelve hours off from the TD application. The oily skin lotion would otherwise form a barrier against absorption of the gel-base testosterone. Water and oil don't mix.

But keeping the skin nice and soft helps a lot; especially if a “T frost” forms on your skin. In that case, consider spreading the gel over a larger surface area.

And don't keep rubbing the gel. Apply it, smoothly and evenly, and let it do its job. For some reason, some guys just keep rubbing and rubbing, and they evaporate off all the alcohol that would otherwise have carried the testosterone into the skin. The testosterone powder ends up on the floor.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me