Creatine supplementation and aging musculoskeletal health.

Buy Lab Tests Online

JWSimpkins

Candow DG, Chilibeck PD, Forbes SC.
[h=3]Source[/b]Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies, University of Regina, 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK, S4S 0A2, Canada, [email protected].

[h=3]Abstract[/b]Sarcopenia refers to the progressive loss of muscle mass and muscle function and is a contributing factor for cachexia, bone loss, and frailty. Resistance training produces several physiological adaptations which improve aging musculoskeletal health, such as increased muscle and bone mass and strength. The combination of creatine supplementation and resistance training may further lead to greater physiological benefits. We performed meta-analyses which indicate creatine supplementation combined with resistance training has a positive effect on aging muscle mass and upper body strength compared to resistance training alone. Creatine also shows promise for improving bone mineral density and indices of bone biology. The combination of creatine supplementation and resistance training could be an effective intervention to improve aging musculoskeletal health.

PMID:24190049 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JWSimpkins

Does anyone have tips on how to avoid the "creatine bloat"? Every time I try taking it, I end up holding water and looking like the Michelin Man.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
JWSimpkins

The creatine bloat (and/or diarrhea) is very common. I avoid the loading phase (usually 20 grams/day) and just use 5 grams per day (1 hour before exercising). It is probably the main supplement researched in bodybuilding that has good evidence in increasing body cell mass and strength.

The main thing to watch while taking creatine is your creatinine clearance since creatine can load up the kidneys (some argue this load is benign). Creatinine clearance under 60 usually concerning to physicians. You can calculate it here:http://www.renal.org/egfrcalc/

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me