TRT vs Clomid

Buy Lab Tests Online

LiveX2

Had my urologist just recommend clomid for low T.

A couple months ago when I saw my labs and PCP, we both agreed that some sort of TRT would be appropriate. I made appt with urologist but he couldn't see me for over 6 weeks. I did not want to wait. So I started looking into clinics. I was so impressed with the info and what the doc could do for me, I began with the Dr. at the clinic.

Fast forward to urologist visit...he recommended clomid and ordered comprehensive labs. I'm just super glad I contacted the clinic and got on T...so I will use the comprehensive lab order to report back to my clinic physician. I'm supposed to see the urologist after the labs, but question if I should even go back. I think I should just to let him know I went another route. This way I still have a urologist that I can see for annual check ups and such. See how he interprets the labs, and let him know what I'm doing. Or should I just try to find a new uro who is not opposed to T treatment, allowing me to feel comfortable having good discussions with him and feel like I'm not hiding anything?

Just seemed like I didn't have a voice or right to the opinion I would rather be on TRT. Do most urologists start at clomid? He was also opposed to hCG.

TRT vs Clomid.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

What scares me is what is clomid doing to achieve an elevation in hormones. TRT is the most natural treatment you could ever be on, more natural than any drug.

I don't see many men on clomid long term and there must be a good reason for it.

It's easy for me, ask yourself one question, do you want toxins, chemicals in your body, antagonizing and binding to your receptors and doing God knows what else long term or a natural bio-identical hormone that's been in our bodies since the dawn of time.

The direct route of replacing testosterone usually always lead to less side effects.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Had my urologist just recommend clomid for low T.

A couple months ago when I saw my labs and PCP, we both agreed that some sort of TRT would be appropriate. I made appt with urologist but he couldn't see me for over 6 weeks. I did not want to wait. So I started looking into clinics. I was so impressed with the info and what the doc could do for me, I began with the Dr. at the clinic.

Fast forward to urologist visit...he recommended clomid and ordered comprehensive labs. I'm just super glad I contacted the clinic and got on T...so I will use the comprehensive lab order to report back to my clinic physician. I'm supposed to see the urologist after the labs, but question if I should even go back. I think I should just to let him know I went another route. This way I still have a urologist that I can see for annual check ups and such. See how he interprets the labs, and let him know what I'm doing. Or should I just try to find a new uro who is not opposed to T treatment, allowing me to feel comfortable having good discussions with him and feel like I'm not hiding anything?

Just seemed like I didn't have a voice or right to the opinion I would rather be on TRT. Do most urologists start at clomid? He was also opposed to hCG.
My question would be, do you want to remain fertile? When you're on TRT, it's very hard to remain fertile.

LiveX2

What scares me is what is clomid doing to achieve an elevation in hormones. TRT is the most natural treatment you could ever be on, more natural than any drug.

I don't see many men on clomid long term and there must be a good reason for it.

It's easy for me, ask yourself one question, do you want toxins, chemicals in your body, antagonizing and binding to your receptors and doing God knows what else long term or a natural bio-identical hormone that's been in our bodies since the dawn of time.

The direct route of replacing testosterone usually always lead to less side effects.
There's a good article on here Clomid for Men: The Complete Guide

Apparently, it helps to kick start your own production. Not certain if there are any studies on long term effects, but I absolutely would prefer to be on T. If equal in effectiveness, which it may not be, clomid cant give the athletic benefits I enjoy.

LiveX2

My question would be, do you want to remain fertile? When you're on TRT, it's very hard to remain fertile.
I'll put it this way... I went to see the Dr. for vasectomy consultation. But is fertility the only reason to take clomid (or hCG for that matter) while on TRT?

bc I had the option of clomid or hCG - I chose hCG.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'll put it this way... I went to see the Dr. for vasectomy consultation. But is fertility the only reason to take clomid (or hCG for that matter) while on TRT?

bc I had the option of clomid or hCG - I chose hCG.
Clomid is good for keeping fertile or if you are not fertile to make you fertile

Systemlord

But is fertility the only reason to take clomid (or hCG for that matter) while on TRT?
For fertility, PCT's, clomid is the go to drug of choice. While on TRT, clomid can only take away benefits and doesn't do anything for testicle atrophy while on anything except Natesto.

Nothing beats hCG for testicle atrophy while on TRT, but take note some men can't tolerate hCG at any dosage, some men feel good initially, then feel bad and some men need it to make TRT work.

psoas

Funny that I had the opposite experience with my urologist. And, I have the reverse preferences than you.

For my urologist, testosterone injections weekly was his strong first line recommendation (after he got lab results showing low total testosterone of 127). He had no qualms about starting testosterone injections, and said that over 80% of his patients being treated for low testosterone are on injections.

My urologist also gave me a "voice or right to the opinion".

I was not keen on testosterone, so then he gave me clomid as an option and started me on that.

So, different urologists have different recommendations/perspectives.

Also, bloodwork should be essential. I have concerns about the clinic that you used (online clinic?) if they started you on testosterone injections without even checking your labs. I would go the lab route with the urologist, but maybe try a different urologist.

Vince

Super Moderator
Sorry I'm at work, we have lots of good threads on clomid. Here's one of them.

LiveX2

Also, bloodwork should be essential. I have concerns about the clinic that you used (online clinic?) if they started you on testosterone injections without even checking your labs. I would go the lab route with the urologist, but maybe try a different urologist.
Bloodwork was essential. I was low and TRT was a sound medical option.

I will be using the lab to use for my 12 wk clinic follow up.

Vince

Super Moderator
I no longer wish to remain fertile but I do inject 500 IU of HCG every third day, just to keep my testicles full and to keep my libido strong. For me, it works great

madman

Super Moderator
Go nuts!

post #7

Steve78

So even if using test prop 10 mg every morning, adding clomid at night will not increase LH, this is correct? I have had zero success with LH going above zero on trt with enclomiphene, clomid, kisspeptin or gonadorelin

bruin

I have been on T and HCG for over 15 years, never had a negative reaction. I get a new PCP who takes me off HCG, says I dont need it Clomid is the way to go. Im experiencing some periods of being anorgasmic, which I have related to periods when I was unable to get HCG. It has also been great for keeping my balls right where they should be. But the kicker is damn my balls have increased in size about 20%. I mentioned it to my Dr, and before I could complete the sentence, he did it for me with a smirk on his face.

My last labs were off the chart, never before did i have these numbers Testosterone >1500 Reference Interval 264-916. Estradiol 78.5 (previous 30.2) Reference Interval 7.6-42.6.

Steve78

I have been on T and HCG for over 15 years, never had a negative reaction. I get a new PCP who takes me off HCG, says I dont need it Clomid is the way to go. Im experiencing some periods of being anorgasmic, which I have related to periods when I was unable to get HCG. It has also been great for keeping my balls right where they should be. But the kicker is damn my balls have increased in size about 20%. I mentioned it to my Dr, and before I could complete the sentence, he did it for me with a smirk on his face.

My last labs were off the chart, never before did i have these numbers Testosterone >1500 Reference Interval 264-916. Estradiol 78.5 (previous 30.2) Reference Interval 7.6-42.6.
Wait, are you on test plus clomid? Doses of both etc?

If on T plus clomid, did your LH go up?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching