Buy Lab Tests Online

bb300

Hello all. I’ve read about tramadol decreasing testosterone and LH by up to 40% in chronic users. No mention of dose in the studies however.

Does anyone know if this would affect an HCG user?
I’m on doctor prescribed HCG but also need tramadol every other day to manage severe back pain (100mg eod).
I’m unsure if this would decrease testosterone and LH and my next blood test is in 6 months.

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello all. I’ve read about tramadol decreasing testosterone and LH by up to 40% in chronic users. No mention of dose in the studies however.

Does anyone know if this would affect an HCG user?
I’m on doctor prescribed HCG but also need tramadol every other day to manage severe back pain (100mg eod).
I’m unsure if this would decrease testosterone and LH and my next blood test is in 6 months.

Thanks
This may not be the answer you're looking for. Any chance you could try therapy to relieve your back pain. I was told 30 years ago I would have to have back surgery. Through good low squats , ab exercises and other exercises. Up to this point I've never needed back surgery even though my doctor at the time told me I would one day be crawling in begging for surgery.

Some mornings when I wake up I can barely bend over but once I'm done working out my back is good to go.

I should add I've never used any pain meds.

bb300

This may not be the answer you're looking for. Any chance you could try therapy to relieve your back pain. I was told 30 years ago I would have to have back surgery. Through good low squats , ab exercises and other exercises. Up to this point I've never needed back surgery even though my doctor at the time told me I would one day be crawling in begging for surgery.

Some mornings when I wake up I can barely bend over but once I'm done working out my back is good to go.

I should add I've never used any pain meds.

Unfortunately I’ve done most things to no avail. I box regularly and try to do yoga to supplement it but I just can’t reduce the pain.
I drive for a living so 8+ hours behind the wheel means I need a pain med to cope and tramadol works well.
I was disheartened to read that it reduces testosterone. But I’m unsure if this is true for HCG produced testosterone & LH

Vince

Super Moderator
Unfortunately I’ve done most things to no avail. I box regularly and try to do yoga to supplement it but I just can’t reduce the pain.
I drive for a living so 8+ hours behind the wheel means I need a pain med to cope and tramadol works well.
I was disheartened to read that it reduces testosterone. But I’m unsure if this is true for HCG produced testosterone & LH
It definitely helps raise testosterone.

bb300

It definitely helps raise testosterone.

Yes I was just worried that tramadol could negate it and reduce testosterone even though I’m on HCG.
Blood test is in 6 months but think I will pay for a private one now to make sure

BigTex

@bb300 , have you tried Ketorol which is a very powerful NSAID give post surgery. Tramadol is an opioid and is addictive. I have degenerative disk disease with no disk between the L4 & L5. Yea, it hurts constantly. I take 20mg of Ketorol 2-3 times a week and have some relief. I will not take Tramadol because the last thing I want is more problems to deal with.

Erectile dysfunction and decreased libido occurred in 44% and 48% of tramadol dependent group respectively. Significant increase in erectile dysfunction and decreased libido was noted as the duration of dependence increased. Additionally, significant decrease in serum testosterone level and increase in serum prolactin level as tramadol daily dose and duration increased was found.​

bb300

@bb300 , have you tried Ketorol which is a very powerful NSAID give post surgery. Tramadol is an opioid and is addictive. I have degenerative disk disease with no disk between the L4 & L5. Yea, it hurts constantly. I take 20mg of Ketorol 2-3 times a week and have some relief. I will not take Tramadol because the last thing I want is more problems to deal with.

Erectile dysfunction and decreased libido occurred in 44% and 48% of tramadol dependent group respectively. Significant increase in erectile dysfunction and decreased libido was noted as the duration of dependence increased. Additionally, significant decrease in serum testosterone level and increase in serum prolactin level as tramadol daily dose and duration increased was found.​

Unfortunately the only pain med my doc is willing to prescribe is tramadol but I will ask about keterol, thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, this is the tramadol study that had me worried! I couldn’t see the doses used and frequency however

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I like diclofenac (oral). I also try not to sit for too long (I use a recliner while working on my computer).
Tramadol makes me moody, and I am afraid of long term consequences.
Assisted stretching, heating pad use, and walking at least 4000 steps also help reset my back.

Some interesting posts here: Chronic Back Pain relief!!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Based on the search results provided, here is a summary of the effects of tramadol on testosterone levels:

## Key Findings

- Tramadol administration has a negative effect on testosterone levels. Several studies have found that as the dose and duration of tramadol use increases, testosterone levels decrease significantly[1][2][3][4].

- The influence of tramadol on testosterone levels is dose-dependent. Higher doses of tramadol lead to more pronounced reductions in testosterone[1][2].

- Tramadol can cause hypogonadism, leading to symptoms like loss of libido, infertility, fatigue, depression, and impotence in men[2].

- The mechanism by which tramadol reduces testosterone appears to be through inhibition of enzymes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis, as well as induction of oxidative stress in the testes[4].

- Concomitant administration of antioxidants like selenium and garlic can help mitigate the adverse effects of tramadol on testosterone and other reproductive parameters[4].

In summary, the available evidence clearly indicates that tramadol has a gonadotoxic effect, leading to a dose-dependent decrease in testosterone levels and associated sexual dysfunction. Clinicians should be aware of this potential side effect when prescribing tramadol, especially for prolonged durations[1][2][3][4].

Citations:
[1] Gonadotoxic effect of tramadol administration: A prospective controlled study
[2] Effect of tramadol dependence on male sexual dysfunction
[3] Male Sex Hormone affection in patients with Tramadol dependance - Middle East Current Psychiatry
[4] Antioxidants (selenium and garlic) alleviated the adverse effects of tramadol on the reproductive system and oxidative stress markers in male rabbits - Scientific Reports
[5] Is Treating Your Pain Depleting Your Sex Hormones?

bb300

Based on the search results provided, here is a summary of the effects of tramadol on testosterone levels:

## Key Findings

- Tramadol administration has a negative effect on testosterone levels. Several studies have found that as the dose and duration of tramadol use increases, testosterone levels decrease significantly[1][2][3][4].

- The influence of tramadol on testosterone levels is dose-dependent. Higher doses of tramadol lead to more pronounced reductions in testosterone[1][2].

- Tramadol can cause hypogonadism, leading to symptoms like loss of libido, infertility, fatigue, depression, and impotence in men[2].

- The mechanism by which tramadol reduces testosterone appears to be through inhibition of enzymes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis, as well as induction of oxidative stress in the testes[4].

- Concomitant administration of antioxidants like selenium and garlic can help mitigate the adverse effects of tramadol on testosterone and other reproductive parameters[4].

In summary, the available evidence clearly indicates that tramadol has a gonadotoxic effect, leading to a dose-dependent decrease in testosterone levels and associated sexual dysfunction. Clinicians should be aware of this potential side effect when prescribing tramadol, especially for prolonged durations[1][2][3][4].

Citations:
[1] Gonadotoxic effect of tramadol administration: A prospective controlled study
[2] Effect of tramadol dependence on male sexual dysfunction
[3] Male Sex Hormone affection in patients with Tramadol dependance - Middle East Current Psychiatry
[4] Antioxidants (selenium and garlic) alleviated the adverse effects of tramadol on the reproductive system and oxidative stress markers in male rabbits - Scientific Reports
[5] Is Treating Your Pain Depleting Your Sex Hormones?

Thank you for the extremely helpful information.
That is massively concerning regarding tramadol’s effect on testosterone.
Weirdly, it makes me feel great and most importantly reduces pain to the point where I’m functional.
I will take a private blood test and if my hormones are effected negatively, I will stop tramadol.
I’ve only been using it for a month every other day, and it’s been a God send for me. I’m gutted to see how bad it can be on our hormones

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
That is massively concerning regarding tramadol’s effect on testosterone.
Weirdly, it makes me feel great and most importantly reduces pain to the point where I’m functional.
TRT will negate the effects of Tramadol on T levels, so that at least is a way to deal with it.

Tramadol also elevates my mood. But the price I pay when I do not take it is pretty horrible. I become very negative and moody. I am afraid of drugs that have that affect on me as it indicates that the potential for dependence is there.

Tramadol prescriptions are easier to get since it is a a schedule 4 drug.

I am not in agreement with some of these statements generated by AI:

Based on the search results provided, tramadol is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA):

- The DEA has officially placed tramadol, a centrally acting opioid analgesic, into Schedule IV of the Controlled Substances Act as of August 18, 2014. [1][2]

- Schedule IV drugs are defined as having a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence compared to Schedule II or III drugs. Other examples of Schedule IV drugs include Xanax, Valium, and Ambien. [1][4][5]

- As a Schedule IV drug, tramadol prescriptions can only be refilled up to 5 times within a 6-month period after the original prescription date. A new prescription is required after 5 refills or 6 months. [4]

- Compared to other opioids, tramadol is less likely to be obtained and abused through diversion, as it is most commonly obtained through a patient's own prescription. The rates of snorting and injecting tramadol are also much lower than for other opioids. [4]

In summary, the search results clearly indicate that tramadol is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance by the DEA, meaning it has a lower potential for abuse and dependence compared to drugs in higher schedules. [1][2][4][5]

Citations:
[1] DEA makes tramadol a Schedule IV drug
[2] DEA Classifies Tramadol as a Schedule IV Controlled Substance
[3] Historically 'safer' tramadol more likely than other opioids to result in prolonged use
[4] Is tramadol a controlled substance / narcotic opioid?
[5] https://www.dea.gov/drug-information/drug-scheduling
https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/tramadol-narcotic-opioid-controlled-substance-3555992/

BigTex

I like diclofenac (oral). I also try not to sit for too long (I use a recliner while working on my computer).
Tramadol makes me moody, and I am afraid of long term consequences.
Assisted stretching, heating pad use, and walking at least 4000 steps also help reset my back.

Some interesting posts here: Chronic Back Pain relief!!
Thanks @Nelson Vergel, I will take a look at diclofenac oral. I do use the gel version but have not tried the oral. I use the gel for my knees and shoulder before I go to the gym.

I like to switch up what I take for pain during the week because it seems I get use to the medications and they quit being effective.

bb300

TRT will negate the effects of Tramadol on T levels, so that at least is a way to deal with it.

Tramadol also elevates my mood. But the price I pay when I do not take it is pretty horrible. I become very negative and moody. I am afraid of drugs that have that affect on me as it indicates that the potential for dependence is there.

Tramadol prescriptions are easier to get since it is a a schedule 4 drug.

I am not in agreement with some of these statements generated by AI:

Based on the search results provided, tramadol is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA):

- The DEA has officially placed tramadol, a centrally acting opioid analgesic, into Schedule IV of the Controlled Substances Act as of August 18, 2014. [1][2]

- Schedule IV drugs are defined as having a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence compared to Schedule II or III drugs. Other examples of Schedule IV drugs include Xanax, Valium, and Ambien. [1][4][5]

- As a Schedule IV drug, tramadol prescriptions can only be refilled up to 5 times within a 6-month period after the original prescription date. A new prescription is required after 5 refills or 6 months. [4]

- Compared to other opioids, tramadol is less likely to be obtained and abused through diversion, as it is most commonly obtained through a patient's own prescription. The rates of snorting and injecting tramadol are also much lower than for other opioids. [4]

In summary, the search results clearly indicate that tramadol is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance by the DEA, meaning it has a lower potential for abuse and dependence compared to drugs in higher schedules. [1][2][4][5]

Citations:
[1] DEA makes tramadol a Schedule IV drug
[2] DEA Classifies Tramadol as a Schedule IV Controlled Substance
[3] Historically 'safer' tramadol more likely than other opioids to result in prolonged use
[4] Is tramadol a controlled substance / narcotic opioid?
[5] https://www.dea.gov/drug-information/drug-scheduling
Is tramadol a controlled substance / narcotic opioid?

TRT negating the suppressive effects of tramadol, does this include HCG or is it just exogenous testosterone?
Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate yours and everyone’s help

BigTex

While I have not seen any research specifically on this subject, my guess is it Tramadol will significantly effect HCGs ability to increase natural testosterone. As Nelson said, using exogenous testosterone should help avoid this problem.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me