peptides for acute back pain (other then BPC157/TB500)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Guided_by_Voices

I am considering HGH too. the question is what I am reading it will downregulate natural production or not?
Exogenous HGH will shut you down briefly (for a day or two), however for a back issue you would likely want systemic HGH (instead of the local injections BigTex is now doing), so secretagouges could work which would stimulate your own production. Having had back issues myself, time is a big healer, as is avoiding things that re-aggravate it. It took several years for my most serious back injury to fully heal symptom-wise.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Exogenous HGH will shut you down briefly (for a day or two), however for a back issue you would likely want systemic HGH (instead of the local injections BigTex is now doing), so secretagouges could work which would stimulate your own production. Having had back issues myself, time is a big healer, as is avoiding things that re-aggravate it. It took several years for my most serious back injury to fully heal symptom-wise.
Actually HGH only blunts natural GH pulses for 24 hours, dose dependent. If you are concerned over that then add a GHRP. The pituitary pulses of GH are controlled by a negative feed back loop controlled by somatostatin, also known as growth hormone-inhibiting hormone. As IGF-1 levels start to rise, somatostatin is released blunting the pituitary release of GH. GHRP's will keep somatostatin levels down, thus keeping your normal GH pulses going. My question is how much IGF-1 is necessary? Will secretagogues raise IGF-1 enough? I know HGH absolutely will.

Research done by Dr. Dunn using 4iu, IA, once a week for 6-8 weeks showed that angiogenesis or the development of new blood vessels found in the knee injected with recombinant human HGH played a role in cartilage regeneration. Apparently HGH is able to improve cartilage regeneration. We know that GH has an important role in bone and cartilage metabolism, which is mediated through insulin like growth factor (IGF-I). Moreover, GH treatment, which enhances mitotic (cell division) activity while delaying cell maturation in the mandibular condylar cartilage, has a significant effect on cartilage growth. This can absolutely be accomplished with HGH, most likely secretagogues used in at levels high enough to to increased IGF-1 levels may do the same. The problem I would have is since secretagogues have a much shorter life (~3 hours) the frequency of intra-articular injections needed with to raise IGF-1 levels sufficiently may be pretty high. The other question I have is how long do intra-articular injections stay local before going systemic? I suspect not very long. So do intra-articular injection really have to be done?

I see quite a few clinics now doing IA injections of HGH for arthritis but that certainly doesn't mean the same thing can't be accomplished with secretagogues. TB500 and BPC 157 both have regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties which could be as useful as cortisone in treating arthritis. BPC157 also has the potential to build cartilage.

t_spacemonkey

back issues are usually fairly complex in my experience. sometimes its not the back. sometimes its pure stress. what I found its rarely spinal issues causing the pain. but time definitely helps. the complex part is to recognize if its a real injury which requires some caution or not. what I learned in my case that most back pain, even if severe, is fairly benign and be ignored as much as possible. for me usually the harder I workout through it the faster it goes, which is sort of paradoxical.

BigTex

I completely understand. I also have L4 and L5 issues with osteoarthritis. I have not ever tired to fix this one. I do know that when I get cortisone injections in my shoulder join, it goes systemic in a few hours and relieves the pain in the low back. So again, I have to wonder if IA injections are really necessary.

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

I completely understand. I also have L4 and L5 issues with osteoarthritis. I have not ever tired to fix this one. I do know that when I get cortisone injections in my shoulder join, it goes systemic in a few hours and relieves the pain in the low back. So again, I have to wonder if IA injections are really necessary.
My understanding of the need/benefit for IA is that injecting into the synovial fluid achieves a far higher local peak concentration of GH (and hence saturation of local receptors) than could be achieved if systemic GH had to seep into the synovial fluid. That said, acromegaly and joint crowding from chronic high-dose systemic GH is certainly a thing ( and what started Dr. Dunn down this path) but it comes with insulin resistance, unwanted joint growth in healthy joints, carpal tunnel, a much longer timeline, and all the other problems that come from excessive GH.

The back is a different story since AFAIK, with the exception of the disks themselves, there really is no equivalent of the joint capsule to inject into, so systemic is the default if one is going to use GH. Also, with joints you want a degree of tissue growth (cartilage) however from what little I know about the back, I can see generalized growth (as opposed to localized healing) being a potential problem since it might created pressure on nerves.

The biggest factor that I can identify in the improvement in my back is reducing the situations where I load my spine in a non-neutral position. That means minimizing things like weighted side bends, lowering my bike seat, reducing twisting motions, etc.

t_spacemonkey

My understanding of the need/benefit for IA is that injecting into the synovial fluid achieves a far higher local peak concentration of GH (and hence saturation of local receptors) than could be achieved if systemic GH had to seep into the synovial fluid. That said, acromegaly and joint crowding from chronic high-dose systemic GH is certainly a thing ( and what started Dr. Dunn down this path) but it comes with insulin resistance, unwanted joint growth in healthy joints, carpal tunnel, a much longer timeline, and all the other problems that come from excessive GH.

The back is a different story since AFAIK, with the exception of the disks themselves, there really is no equivalent of the joint capsule to inject into, so systemic is the default if one is going to use GH. Also, with joints you want a degree of tissue growth (cartilage) however from what little I know about the back, I can see generalized growth (as opposed to localized healing) being a potential problem since it might created pressure on nerves.

The biggest factor that I can identify in the improvement in my back is reducing the situations where I load my spine in a non-neutral position. That means minimizing things like weighted side bends, lowering my bike seat, reducing twisting motions, etc.
my biggest pain point in regards to back at the gym is getting free weight into position. I utilize 70lbs for some exercises like bench press, and just getting those in position can be rough. also at my gym here those weight are at the bottom and you really have to get into a weird position to get them up. usually lifting 1 weight from the floor into 1 arm puts me into a tilted position. thats where my current pain started

BigTex

I was sitting here thinking that much of the regenerative and restorative work is done by IGF-1. IGF-1 is produced in the liver and production is simulated by rising GH levels. So HGH is going to have to go systemic and enter the blood stream in order for the liver to produce IGF-1. So while GH concentrations might be higher in the synovial fluid, it it going to have to enter the blood stream and go systemic before the resining levels can stimulate the liver to make IGF-1?

Then comes this video. At the end the doctors says rodent studies show it doesn't matter if you go IA or sub-q to get the same effect in the joint (see 1:50min).

Dunn's protocol now is 4iu once a week for 6-8 weeks. It is going to be hard to get many side effects other than higher IGF-1 levels from this small amount.

Here is another video using BPC 157, 10,000mcg!!!!

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

my biggest pain point in regards to back at the gym is getting free weight into position. I utilize 70lbs for some exercises like bench press, and just getting those in position can be rough. also at my gym here those weight are at the bottom and you really have to get into a weird position to get them up. usually lifting 1 weight from the floor into 1 arm puts me into a tilted position. thats where my current pain started
It sounds like you're using dumbbells which were a total no-go for me for at least a year for this exact reason. I have a device that allows me to take them off a rack just like a barbell, but even then I had to be very careful, so I strictly used barbells and pretty much still do to keep the loading of the spine fairly even.

Guided_by_Voices

I was sitting here thinking that much of the regenerative and restorative work is done by IGF-1. IGF-1 is produced in the liver and production is simulated by rising GH levels. So HGH is going to have to go systemic and enter the blood stream in order for the liver to produce IGF-1. So while GH concentrations might be higher in the synovial fluid, it it going to have to enter the blood stream and go systemic before the resining levels can stimulate the liver to make IGF-1?

Then comes this video. At the end the doctors says rodent studies show it doesn't matter if you go IA or sub-q to get the same effect in the joint (see 1:50min).

Dunn's protocol now is 4iu once a week for 6-8 weeks. It is going to be hard to get many side effects other than higher IGF-1 levels from this small amount.

Here is another video using BPC 157, 10,000mg!!!!

If your improvement continues (which I certainly hope and pray it does!) then that would seem to contradict the rodent studies since I seem to remember you tried system GH without success?

BigTex

It sounds like you're using dumbbells which were a total no-go for me for at least a year for this exact reason. I have a device that allows me to take them off a rack just like a barbell, but even then I had to be very careful, so I strictly used barbells and pretty much still do to keep the loading of the spine fairly even.
The Smith machine may be just as effective and not add a weird load to the spine.

BigTex

If your improvement continues (which I certainly hope and pray it does!) then that would seem to contradict the rodent studies since I seem to remember you tried system GH without success?
Yea, this is an act of desperation. I have always done HGH at low doses 2iu. I did notice that since I quit the osteoarthritis has gotten worse. I have no idea if that has anything at all to do with it. I have been sticking with the IA injections for both the shoulder and knee.

I did find this article:

t_spacemonkey

yep dumbbells...i think i have to stop using them for chest press type exercises and keep them only for lighter weights like biceps etc. being pulled by 70lbs to one side, especially at my height of 6.3 seems like a bad idea....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me