New Member: Worse Off than ever after years of TRT, HCG now not working, debilitating insomnia - Please Help !

Buy Lab Tests Online

hunterdon goose

Hello everyone, I'm a 33 year old man from north west NJ. I was diagnosed with low T in 2014 by my primary care physician via blood work and put on 125mg testosterone cypionate a week divided into 2 shots. Fast forward to the summer of 2023 and I had to stop taking it sadly because one side effect that outweighed all the very numerous benefits : Insomnia. Despite good sleep hygiene, good mental health (I also have a sleep doctor and have done sleep studies and use my cpap machine religiously) I can't seem to get more than 6 hours a night of sleep which has driven me to the point of sadly quitting TRT (for now until this can all get sorted out) . While 6 hours a night may seem perfectly adequate for some on this board (and more power to you) I desperately need my normal 8-10 hours otherwise I can not take classes required to finish my degree, exercise, do things I love or even hold down a job properly. No I am not kidding about how debilitating the poor sleep is; I am in serious trouble and desperately need your help.

Since I have decided to give the TRT a break until my sleep returns (it hasn't- hence why I am here and need your help guys) , my urologist in efforts to raise my testosterone has prescribed 20mg of tamoxifen which I have taken for roughly 2 months+ before all the bloodwork below was drawn. Since as you can well see nothing looks good, he has added 1000iu of HCG a day starting about a week ago. I am seeing him again next week for a follow up.

Side Note: I am currently taking 100mg DHEA and 60mg pregnenolone OTC yet the levels are also low as you can see. The urologist has also tried lower doses of HCG (3000,4000iu ect and not much has changed in terms of testicular atrophy)

(And Please also be aware the sleep issue didn't occur all at once suddenly but occured slowly over time where I went from my usual 8-10hrs to just 4-6hrs gradually over a period of years.)

Thank you gentlemen so much in advance for this great resource and community of a forum- and if I'm fortunate to get some ideas that could potentially change my life situation and allow me to unlock my full potential from this crippling insomnia I will be forever grateful !
bloodwork1.png
bloodwork2.png
bloodwork3.jpeg
bloodwork4.png

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Low pregnenolone can cause poor sleep, insomnia. Stopping TRT wasn’t the correct move.

Supplementing pregenolone was the right move.

Stopping TRT until your sleep returns is a fools errand, low testosterone causes, poor sleep, and poor sleep causes low testosterone.

I had horrible, sleep quality, insomnia, when I had low testosterone, restoring my testosterone. Now I sleep like a baby.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Hello everyone, I'm a 33 year old man from north west NJ. I was diagnosed with low T in 2014 by my primary care physician via blood work and put on 125mg testosterone cypionate a week divided into 2 shots. Fast forward to the summer of 2023 and I had to stop taking it sadly because one side effect that outweighed all the very numerous benefits : Insomnia.
Am I understanding correctly that you took 125 mg a week for 7 years and suffered debilitating insomnia the entire time, without ever changing the protocol (like reducing the dose)? Please tell me I am incorrect.

klime

Hello everyone, I'm a 33 year old man from north west NJ. I was diagnosed with low T in 2014 by my primary care physician via blood work and put on 125mg testosterone cypionate a week divided into 2 shots. Fast forward to the summer of 2023 and I had to stop taking it sadly because one side effect that outweighed all the very numerous benefits : Insomnia. Despite good sleep hygiene, good mental health (I also have a sleep doctor and have done sleep studies and use my cpap machine religiously) I can't seem to get more than 6 hours a night of sleep which has driven me to the point of sadly quitting TRT (for now until this can all get sorted out) . While 6 hours a night may seem perfectly adequate for some on this board (and more power to you) I desperately need my normal 8-10 hours otherwise I can not take classes required to finish my degree, exercise, do things I love or even hold down a job properly. No I am not kidding about how debilitating the poor sleep is; I am in serious trouble and desperately need your help.

Since I have decided to give the TRT a break until my sleep returns (it hasn't- hence why I am here and need your help guys) , my urologist in efforts to raise my testosterone has prescribed 20mg of tamoxifen which I have taken for roughly 2 months+ before all the bloodwork below was drawn. Since as you can well see nothing looks good, he has added 1000iu of HCG a day starting about a week ago. I am seeing him again next week for a follow up.

Side Note: I am currently taking 100mg DHEA and 60mg pregnenolone OTC yet the levels are also low as you can see. The urologist has also tried lower doses of HCG (3000,4000iu ect and not much has changed in terms of testicular atrophy)

Thank you gentlemen so much in advance for this great resource and community of a forum- and if I'm fortunate to get some ideas that could potentially change my life situation and allow me to unlock my full potential from this crippling insomnia I will be forever grateful !
View attachment 38142View attachment 38143View attachment 38144View attachment 38145
I had the same issue on injections. Now I use 20%compounded cream. I apply 200 mg first thing in the morning to my scrotum. Now I sleep like a baby and my sex drive, mood everything is so much better.

hunterdon goose

Am I understanding correctly that you took 125 mg a week for 7 years and suffered debilitating insomnia the entire time, without ever changing the protocol (like reducing the dose)? Please tell me I am incorrect.
FunkOdyssey- My mistake the sleep problems started out mildly with symptoms such as taking a smidge longer to go to sleep but then gradually worsed over time to the point where I went from 9-10 hours a day to just 4-6 hours towards the end. I should have made that more clear and will adjust the post.

hunterdon goose

Low pregnenolone can cause poor sleep, insomnia. Stopping TRT wasn’t the correct move.

Supplementing pregenolone was the right move.

Stopping TRT until your sleep returns is a fools errand, low testosterone causes, poor sleep, and poor sleep causes low testosterone.

I had horrible, sleep quality, insomnia, when I had low testosterone, restoring my testosterone. Now I sleep like a baby.
Thank you for weighing in Systemlord. While it may have been the wrong move, my logic was to remove excess drugs (maybe as you said testosterone as removing testosterone could have caused more harm than good) thus eliminating other variables and just have the urologist reactivate my endocrine system (if that is even possible)

hunterdon goose

Supplementing DHEA, even at doses as low as 12.5mg per day absolutely ruins my sleep. I've learned just to accept low DHEA-S on my labs.
Ironically I feel calmer and am able to sleep another 1-2 hours after waking up and taking 100mg of DHEA in the morning. but as you can tell, mine is very low.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me