High insulin-high glucose? Low SHGB

Buy Lab Tests Online

CSI007

Before I had low T issues. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and told to lower my carb intake. I have been low carb for about 4 years now. It's not really done much for my blood sugar though. :( I suspect that this is a much deeper issue chemically. I have some issue going on that is causing all of these issues. Shame that we can't resolve the issue and fix all of the other issues along with it. Medicine just doesn't have all of the answers.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Donovan

Before I had low T issues. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and told to lower my carb intake. I have been low carb for about 4 years now. It's not really done much for my blood sugar though. :( I suspect that this is a much deeper issue chemically. I have some issue going on that is causing all of these issues. Shame that we can't resolve the issue and fix all of the other issues along with it. Medicine just doesn't have all of the answers.

I an on a low carb diet too so carbs are probably not the cause of my problem. My doc seemed quite certain that my low SHGB is cause by my insulin levels. I'm starting metformin and I'll see how that goes. TRT has been good to me so far but these are issues I should adress immediately.

CSI007

Good luck on the metformin. Please report back how things go with that. I am not on any BG meds and I am dragging my feet for as long as I can. My A1C 3 years ago was 6.0. Last year it was 5.9. 2 weeks ago it was 6.0. But I have not been doing the low carb the way I should. Too much cheating lately so that could have played a role.

Just curious, did you have a brain scan done to check for tumors of the pituitary?

Donovan

Good luck on the metformin. Please report back how things go with that. I am not on any BG meds and I am dragging my feet for as long as I can. My A1C 3 years ago was 6.0. Last year it was 5.9. 2 weeks ago it was 6.0. But I have not been doing the low carb the way I should. Too much cheating lately so that could have played a role.

Just curious, did you have a brain scan done to check for tumors of the pituitary?

Yes I had an MRI right before I started TRT and it came back clean. Thanks for the help brother, you and the guys have been very helpful and informative.

Donovan

I've injected 16mg a day for over 15 months, never missed a day. It's a part of my routine in the morning and, since it is now habitual, the temptation to skip, or forget, a shot, as Vince Carter mentioned, have long since vanished. It was, quite simply, the best decision I made. Strong libido and mental focus, very responsive erectile function. Not every man on TRT needs to inject on a daily basis, most, the vast majority, don't. But I brought down my E2 and have avoided anastrozole.

I'm gonna start with 20mg ed and I'll do subcutaneus injections and see how that goes. Boy, I'm glad I found this forum you guys have been great. I'll post my next results

Donovan

My case is obviously anecdotal, but I started with low SHBG pre-TRT (17), and it has slowly increased since then. I was pre-diabetic, but I have that under better control now, and my SHBG last test was 36.

How did you control it? My doc have me metformin and said that it will help

Helboi

How did you control it? My doc have me metformin and said that it will help

The number one thing I did is cut out as much sugar from my diet as comfortable (I still could cut some). And I also supplement with cinnamon, which I've read does great things for your insulin response (seems to coincide with lower blood tests with me). I also lost about 20lbs. So, a number of things.

CSI007

I tried "cinnsulin" for over a month and it did nothing for my FBG sadly. I am also taking Alpha Lipioc Acid. An amino acid to help with nerve health (have nerve damage from chemo) and also all the literature I read says can/will lower your blood glucose and to be very careful with it. I have tried various dosage and couldn't get the FBG to budge.

I usually eat between 10 and 20 carbs per day. Lately I have been higher.

Helboi

I tried "cinnsulin" for over a month and it did nothing for my FBG sadly.

It immediately impacted my blood tests. I had been testing at anywhere from 85-110 the previous two months, after I started the cinnamon (and some moderate changes to sugar intake at that point) tests went down to 65-ish. Coincidence? Maybe. But I continue to take 1200mg of a high quality organic ceylon every day.

CSI007

I have read that some people will react to it while others will not. I would give it another shot but it's very expensive. Already spending a small fortune on all of these supplements and HCG. If it had a measurable impact on me I would still be taking it.

Helboi

I have read that some people will react to it while others will not. I would give it another shot but it's very expensive. Already spending a small fortune on all of these supplements and HCG. If it had a measurable impact on me I would still be taking it.

I feel that. I too spend quite a bit in supplements, many of them related to my TRT treatment. I didn't find this one too bad though, it basically comes out to about $13/month.

ERO

Metformin has had zero impact on my low SHBG as I agree with Vince Carter that the automatic jump from having low SHBG to "you must be diabetic" is way overblown. That is not to say it won't help your glucose numbers - it will do a good job of helping that along with a sensible diet. I just would not hold my breath waiting for the metformin to "fix" your low SHBG to any useful degree.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me