Testosterone dosage increase

Buy Lab Tests Online

mike7

Is there a recommended dosage increase that is recommended when ramping up testosterone, due to suboptimal testosterone levels, or symptoms not alleviating?

As an example... Starting at 100mg per week split into two 50mg doses every 3.5 days. Would you increase to 110mg? 120? 150?

I'd like to know other people's personal experiences and their doctor's recommendations.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

It depends on what "suboptimal" means in your situation. High E2? SHBG clearing issues that work against you achieving sustained levels? Lack of subjective response to your dose (low libido, fatigue, ED)? It's always best, I believe to increase a dose slowly and steadily, rather than jumping too quickly at a significantly higher weekly amount. So - what is it that troubles you? Do you have labs to post?

Vince

Super Moderator
Is there a recommended dosage increase that is recommended when ramping up testosterone, due to suboptimal testosterone levels, or symptoms not alleviating?

As an example... Starting at 100mg per week split into two 50mg doses every 3.5 days. Would you increase to 110mg? 120? 150?

I'd like to know other people's personal experiences and their doctor's recommendations.

My personal experience is. I would go to 120mg ( 60mg every 3.5 days ).

mike7

It depends on what "suboptimal" means in your situation. High E2? SHBG clearing issues that work against you achieving sustained levels? Lack of subjective response to your dose (low libido, fatigue, ED)? It's always best, I believe to increase a dose slowly and steadily, rather than jumping too quickly at a significantly higher weekly amount. So - what is it that troubles you? Do you have labs to post?
I'm on the 50mg 2X per week protocol, just started, and have no specific complaints as of yet. I'm on week 1, without any huge expectations, but do feel a bit more energy, focus and a slight uptick in libido. My doc had mentioned getting labs at the 3 month mark but I'm going to get them at 6 or 8 weeks depending on how I'm feeling then.

Mostly I'm trying to educate myself and explore the topic more. Thank you for your input.

I'm on the 50mg 2X per week protocol, just started, and have no specific complaints as of yet. I'm on week 1, without any huge expectations, but do feel a bit more energy, focus and a slight uptick in libido. My doc had mentioned getting labs at the 3 month mark but I'm going to get them at 6 or 8 weeks depending on how I'm feeling then.

Mostly I'm trying to educate myself and explore the topic more. Thank you for your input.

IN about another week you're testosterone production is going to stop and you'll feel like crap as the only T you'll have is what you're injecting. 100mg is a minimal dose on TRT, you're in for a bumpy ride as this first week or two is just because at the moment you have both endo and exo testosterone in your system.

CoastWatcher

IN about another week you're testosterone production is going to stop and you'll feel like crap as the only T you'll have is what you're injecting. 100mg is a minimal dose on TRT, you're in for a bumpy ride as this first week or two is just because at the moment you have both endo and exo testosterone in your system.

One hundred milligrams is a good starting dose, and the response you noted - improved energy/focus/libido - is expected. By all means, don't wait three months to evaluate your serum levels. Six weeks is a far more typical reference point.

mike7

Honestly, I hadn't considered that. I thought it would be a rather smooth transition but I will definitely keep that in mind.

mike7

One hundred milligrams is a good starting dose, and the response you noted - improved energy/focus/libido - is expected. By all means, don't wait three months to evaluate your serum levels. Six weeks is a far more typical reference point.
I definitely will get them checked sooner. My doctor is very open minded and won't hesitate to write a scrip for blood work. I'm in Central NY so I can't just get them privately anymore.

CoastWatcher

I definitely will get them checked sooner. My doctor is very open minded and won't hesitate to write a scrip for blood work. I'm in Central NY so I can't just get them privately anymore.

What were your numbers, total and free testosterone, shbg, and estradiol sensitive, when you started therapy?

mike7

What were your numbers, total and free testosterone, shbg, and estradiol sensitive, when you started therapy?

I used his in house lab and they performed the regular estradiol, unfortunately. Next time I've told him I want to go to Quest, there's a lab fairly close, for the sensitive assay. These are all of my tests.

TT 259 (175 - 781 ng/dl)
FT 49 (47 - 244 pg/mL)
SHBG 33 (13 - 90 nmol/L)
Albumin 4.5 (3.5 - 4.6 g/dL)
Estradiol 32 (0 - 52 pg/mL)
Prolactin 9.6 (Males 2.5 - 17.4 ng/mL)
LH 2.3 (Males 1.2 - 10.6 mIU/mL)
FSH 1.3 (Males 0.7 - 10.8 mIU/mL)
DHEA-SO4 134 (95 - 530 ug/dL)
T4 Free 0.92 (0.76 - 1.46 ng/dL)
TSH 1.060 (0.360 - 4.170 mIU/L)
Vit. D25 43 (31 - 100 ng/mL)