Injection Site + Proper Needle Length

Buy Lab Tests Online

billyjr

Im going to switch to 2x a week shots every 3.5 days of Test Cyp 100 instead of the once a week shot of Test Cyp 200. I have been looking around and haven't find any clear indication of...when injecting the 3 main areas, Glute/Shoulder/Quad, which needle length should be used?

I see that many prefer to go 1-1.5 inch for Glute & 1/2inch for Shoulder. Does this sound right? Should a bigger needle be used for the Shoulders? Also, what is the proper length to get IM with the Quad? Does anyone have any medical information on this.

I typically do only the glute with a 23 gauge needle, changing to 27 gauge needle, both keeping at 1 inch to get IM in the glute. But i would like to rotate my injection sites to include the shoulders and quads just to give my glutes a break, especially since I will be doing 2 shots per week now instead of one.

Thank you all for the advice and help you have given me recently.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

1/2" or 5/8" is plenty - those two are all I have used for years and they work the same as longer lengths, except for a lot less pain and no chance of breaking off inside like what could happen with a 1" or 1.5".

James

I'm using 1/2 inch, 27g for both delts and quads. Has anyone had any issues snapping a needle off in their body? I have to think that would be hard to do. I took a 1" 25g needle and forcefully pushed it against a wood table, with pressure far greater than what we'd use on our bodies. My needle would bend back and forth, then finally, after much effort, it snapped off. There's probably different levels of quality when it comes to needles and if I tried that with a 27 gauge, that decrease in diameter may cause it to snap quicker than 25.

CoastWatcher

Nelson has posted in the past warning of needles snapping. He didn't write that it had happened to him, but he urged caution with fine needles.

Vince

Super Moderator
I personally do know one person who snapped off a needle, but he was not injecting testosterone. I use Easy Touch 27g 1/2"and I inject in my shoulders.

Sean Mosher

I haven't tried delt injections yet, but it is something I'm considering switching too.
I currently use 25 gauge 1" needles which I can't feel at all (use on both quads and glutes).
I guess the only downside would be having to draw with a 18 gauge and then switch to the 25 gauge to inject, but in the grand scope of things it's not an issue for me at all honestly.

billyjr

I haven't tried delt injections yet, but it is something I'm considering switching too.
I currently use 25 gauge 1" needles which I can't feel at all (use on both quads and glutes).
I guess the only downside would be having to draw with a 18 gauge and then switch to the 25 gauge to inject, but in the grand scope of things it's not an issue for me at all honestly.

Yeah I received 23 gauge 1 inch needles with my testosterone so that's why I used it. My wife injects my glute. It really doesn't feel to bad, but I definitely feel it. Just looking to get into the quad and shoulders so that I am rotating sites and giving my glute a break, especially since I'm doubling the injection frequency from 1x a week to 2x

billyjr

I personally do know one person who snapped off a needle, but he was not injecting testosterone. I use Easy Touch 27g 1/2"and I inject in my shoulders.

Hey Vince do you have a link to those or a website that you found was the cheapest to purchase from?

billyjr

1/2" or 5/8" is plenty - those two are all I have used for years and they work the same as longer lengths, except for a lot less pain and no chance of breaking off inside like what could happen with a 1" or 1.5".

Hey ERO, where do you inject if you don't mind me asking? You use 1/2 for glute?

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I use really small/short needles since I inject one thing or another almost every day.

For T injections, I use 29g 1/2" 1/2cc syringes in my delts. It's a little slow drawing and injecting but it's not a race.

For injecting HCG and B-12, I use 30g 5/16" 1cc syringes in abdomen.

I get them from HealthWarehouse for about $17 each per 100 count box (SureComfort). The needles stay nice and sharp, and if you have sensitive skin then injecting after taking a shower makes it completely painless.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me