High Hematacrit

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

What is your hematocrit, as of last measurement? What is your last testosterone panel? Twice-weekly dosing is not going to lower your hematocrit/hemoglobin. Donation, phlebotomy is your course of action.

Jrleedy

Last Hematacrit was 54. I am caught in a catch 22 situation. I have been donating to keep it in the high 40's. But I have low ferritin. This is a result of taking Nexium daily for GERD. The low stomach acid inhibits the absorption of iron. So if I donate, the ferritin tanks, if I don't , high Hematacrit.

CoastWatcher

Here is some evidence that the boost in hematocrit and hemoglobin that presents in some men becomes less of a problem at the 18 month mark of therapy. How long have you been on TRT?

Last Hematacrit was 54. I am caught in a catch 22 situation. I have been donating to keep it in the high 40's. But I have low ferritin. This is a result of taking Nexium daily for GERD. The low stomach acid inhibits the absorption of iron. So if I donate, the ferritin tanks, if I don't , high Hematacrit.

As a former user of PPIs are you aware of how those muck up your nitric oxide and are related to ED...just mentioning it.

Jrleedy

3+ years. High Hematacrit has always been an issue. Originally treated by donating but the low ferritin is clouding the issue.

Jrleedy

Thanks for the comment. Endoscopic exam showed damage and pre cancerous tissue in the esophagus due to acid reflux. So I have no choice, control acid reflux or have throat cancer.

gallan

Banned
3+ years. High Hematacrit has always been an issue. Originally treated by donating but the low ferritin is clouding the issue.

Keep donating and take an iron supplement. Do monthly or so labs for ferritin (the test is cheap) and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the comment. Endoscopic exam showed damage and pre cancerous tissue in the esophagus due to acid reflux. So I have no choice, control acid reflux or have throat cancer.

I know how bad GERD is and how effective PPIs are, it's a real pain to live with. I went to chewing on 3000mg (3 x 1000) Tums and am doing OK in that regard. Good Luck!

DLK

As a former user of PPIs are you aware of how those muck up your nitric oxide and are related to ED...just mentioning it.

Vince, I've been a long time user of ppi's, and know the N.O. problems it causes but how do you get around not using them without the acid discomfort ?

I use the 1000mg Tums Ultra, when I need it, I chew on three of those. Typically I might take two during the days if I get that sore stomach reflux feeling. It's at a point I can deal with it. Part I hate most is the constricted swallowing, hard to swallow feeling.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me