Lab results, just started TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

nydheart

Hi everyone, I just got my labs back from my TRT doctor. Just wondering if you guys could go over it and give me any input. The doctor went through the values quickly he thought my cholesterol was borderline and that I need to keep an eye on that as well as my iron levels. I don't suffer from sexual sides other than maybe lower than normal libido but I wonder if that is because my DHT levels are higher? I am 40 years old and have most of the symptoms of low t except the sexual sides. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• lab results 2015.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 262
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

That would seem like a decent start as long as you get tested again in 6 weeks or so to see how you are doing then. it is a good sign that he has you injecting twice a week instead of once a week.

Many guys keep their iron levels under control by donating blood. I have to donate every 56 days, which is the minimum time between donations for the Red Cross.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You have most of the symptoms of low Testosterone serum levels because you do! Both Total and Free are low along with higher elevated Estrogen which is not uncommon in men you age.

Thyroid looks okay, not great, but not a contributor to your low Testosterone serum levels.

Prolactin serum levels are fine as well.

Any good TRT Practitioner would have given you an option to start on TRT right away.

Your Doctor is not trained in TRT or this would have been a long conversation with him.

Find a Physician who is trained in TRT and take your labs with you and get another opinion.

IMO, you should be on TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
nydheart, sometimes it's hard to find a good doctor but if you keep looking you'll find one. I saw 3 endocrinoloist and also some local clinics before I decided to use defy medical

nydheart

Hi guys, he actually did prescribe me TRT at 50mg twice per week and bloods will be taken again in 3 months and reviewed. This is an anti aging clinic and from what I can tell he is fairly up to date on everything but because I am in Canada my options are limited. The reason I went this route was because my GP didn't think an endo would touch my case seeing as my levels were close enough to "normal".

I just wanted to get your guys expertise to make sure that my blood work checked out and that you thought TRT would help my situation before starting this life long journey!

Vince

Super Moderator
nydheart, sounds like you may have found a good clinic, one that's willing to work with you "that's great" please keep us updated.

nydheart

Thanks Vince, I actually did have one question regarding the HCG. Someone from another board recommended just using HCG to try and restart my own testosterone thereby not having to use test for the remainder of my time on earth. Is this an option for some? I have read really mixed reviews about this technique and don't want to complicate things any further than needed. Do most people run HCG even if they don't want to have anymore children? I know some do it to maintain testicular function and have read some claim they just feel it makes running testosterone better. Can you comment on this? Thanks!

Vince

Super Moderator
nydhaeart, I will comment, hopefully someone more educated than me will also comment. I don't think you can restart will Hcg alone? There are a lot of people who try to restart, hopefully they will comment. I quess I'm not much help:)

Hcg alone will only restart your testicles if they have been shut down by trt. But it suppresses the pituitary. So after the testicles are back online you have to stop the hcg and add in a SERM like clomid or nolvadex or both. They stimulate the pituitary to produce LH and FSH if you are lucky. There are threads on here detailing how to do this.

nydheart

Do you guys know is there a way to narrow down the reason for low T? Would my blood labs indicate if I was a case of primary or secondary hypogonadism? I had surgery for a vericocele when I was in my teens but have had no issue fathering children so I doubt that is a cause. The TRT doc I am using does not diagnose cause but rather treats the symptoms as he is GP and not a urologist. I would just be curious to know the reasoning behind the low T. Thanks again for all the input guys, much appreciated.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me