Different Testosterones

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jeff Frantz

If your doctor would agree to write you a different testosterone on a quarterly basis would that be a good idea? Would it help if every three months or so you switched from CYP to Enanthate & then to Propionate or maybe to Sustanon? Would that help your cell receptors from closing to the testosterone?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Test is test, there's no variance on bio-identical testosterone, nor will your receptor sites get desensitized. It's just a matter of different esters and half life ...

Like Chris said there would be no benefit to alternating esters since in the end you are simply taking testosterone, and alternating esters will only make it more difficult for you to stabilize your testosterone.There is no such thing as receptor sites closing or becoming tolerant to testosterone. That is a complete myth. This would mean every man would eventually not respond to testosterone, the hormone is the same whether produced endogenously or injected.

I pasted some info regarding the different esters available in the US:

The most common forms of injectable testosterone include Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Propionate, and Testosterone Enanthate…or a 'blend' of different types. I do not like testosterone "blends" do to irregular release patterns. Always remember that each of these forms is simply testosterone, the molecule remains unchanged, and the only difference is the "ester" which determines the half-life within the body. 'Cypionate', 'enanthate', and 'propionate' are all esters. An 'ester' is basically a chain composed of Hydrogen, Carbon, and Oxygen atoms which are attached to the testosterone molecule which must be broken down creating a 'timed release" in the body once injected. Even though the testosterone molecule remains the same no matter the ester, each ester metabolizes differently once injected. Enanthate: This is metabolized in roughly 4-5 days. It can even remain in the body (in very small amounts) for 2 weeks. 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate yields ~73mg of actual testosterone, the rest is ester weight. Injections can be administered every 5 days. As we all know everyone is unique in their response to drugs but from what I have seen in my experience the approximate starting doses which may bring a patient within optimal ranges (650ng-1100ng) is 100mg-200mg IM every 5-7 days. Of course many factors come into play including the patient's baseline levels and biology. Cypionate: This is metabolized in roughly 7-8 days. This is also considered a 'long-acting' testosterone. 100mg of Cypionate yields ~68mg of actual testosterone. A good starting dose would be similar to Enanthate, more commonly between 100mg-200mg IM every 7days. Propionate: This is a faster acting ester which can peak in the blood within hours and metabolized over 3 days. Injections should be administered every 2-3 days. You must weigh the 'positives' with the 'negatives' before prescribing propionate. Since it metabolizes so quickly, and needs to be administered frequently, it is easy to stabilize levels and optimizes blood-testosterone-levels quickly. On the downside IM injections must be given frequently which can keep patients from remaining compliant. Also, since the levels peak faster there is also an increased chance of aromatizing the testosterone into estrogen and increased DHT conversion which can cause side effects. 100mg of Propionate yields ~93mg of testosterone. Other Esters found in TRT medicine may include; Aqueous Testosterone Suspension: No-Ester. Requires frequent IM injections since it remains in the body only for a few hours. (Very painful injection). The risks outweigh the benefits when it comes to Testosterone Suspension and we do not recommend prescribing this particular ester.

Original: http://defymedical.com/blog/item/11...injectable-testosterone-available-to-patients

Last edited:
As an addendum, it appears that splitting your total cypionate/enanthate dosage into more frequent injections throughout the week may be the best overall protocol to maintain good levels with minimal side effects. This also can eliminate the "up and down" curve from once weekly injection, and especially alternating esters will cause erratic "ups and downs". An example might be to split your once weekly dosage into two injections. The important thing is to stick with one ester that works and follow up with labs to dial in response until the target level (and symptom relief) is achieved.

Hi Jasen,

I am currently prescribed 1ml Test Cyp per week but only do about .6ml per week which I split in 3 (mon, wed and Fri) and combine it with .25mg anastrozole EOD.

I am about to go on Test Prop just to see if I notice a difference. Quite honestly, I felt better (except no libido at all and somewhat tired with NO mental fog) when I abruptly quit injections back in May 2015.

Is a good starting point on test prop 50mg on Mon, Wed, and Fri for a total of 150mg per week?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me