Latest labs 5/21/14

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tom Larabee

Finally got follow up done and of course they did sensitive, not ultra sensitive. UGH

Lab Test Results

reverse t3, serum

[TD="class: ccrCol1"][/TD]
[TD="class: ccrCol2"]

[/TD]

thyroid peroxidase (tpo) ab

[/TD]

triiodothyronine,free,serum

[/TD]

thyroxine (t4) free, direct, s

[/TD]

iron and tibc

[/TD]

estradiol, sensitive

[/TD]

Last edited:

Tom Larabee

It seems that your iron numbers have improved.

I bet your estradiol by ultrasensitive would be less than 50 pg/mL

By the way, I just realized I did not reply to your question on CPK.
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Nutrition/Q216234.html

Yes the Iron does seem improved, and thanks for the CPK answer, I will check more into that but I bet my number is quite high given the pain I receive from anything more than a long walk.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Tom, as previously suspected, your FT3/RT3 ratio is low, sitting at 13.08. This indicates that your T4 is compensating with higher than normal conversion to RT3. Notice your FT4 is sitting at the lower end of the reference range (27%) and FT3 is to the right (46%). This is telling you that T4 is converting, but more than normal is redirecting towards RT3.

The other variable is your TPO antibody lab. No, it's not over the range, but it's right there at the top, which IMO would indicate that there are some autoimmune issues. This can actually be treated just like any other Hypothyroid treatment program, however, you definitely need to get the iron situation sorted out first, along with cortisol IF the cortisol lab illustrates issues. Again, there's some good info with STTM.com on all of this.

Are you on an elemental iron supplementation program? Discuss some serious Vitamin C dosages with your physician, along with selenium, B12 methyl & iodine. Tom, what's the status on the cortisol test?

Tom Larabee

Chris, thanks for the input still waiting on the Doc for input on what changes will be made, I have not added anything to diet or Rx since the original May tests. To include needing to wait on the Cortisol test until I have my review with the Doc. Review is scheduled for 9AM next Thursday so will know more then.

It appears to me I will need to go back on the Armour, I used to take up till, I had the Heart issue November two years ago. Hopefully we can get the Iron issue resolved along the way, and treat it with as you suggest the Vitamin and mineral supplements.

Thanks again

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Tom, the problem at the moment with going on Armour or any NDT medication is that you stand a good chance that T3 will just buildup and pool. Your iron will need to improve in order to get an effective or call it acceptable amount of FT3 into the body. Your binding capacity is good, so that's basically the base that will determine the effectiveness of transferrin saturation against your total iron serum. IMO, you need to aim for the upper quartile of the reference range. IMO, 140ug would be a decent place, which would then put your saturation at approx. 35% (currently 14%), which to me would be spot-on!

I think I mentioned in earlier posts that elemental iron therapy doesn't come over night. You need a solid amount of it and it can take several months + to build it where you need it. Additionally, I can't stress the importance of supplementing with Vitamin C in ample amounts when trying to accomplish elevating your iron.

Yes, please keep us posted on the cortisol, which will be equally as important in your continued endeavor.

Tom Larabee

Chris - So my focus beyond the other items I will discuss with Doc on Thursday, is that I really need to get Iron saturation up and not be messing with Thyroid until that shows in the 35% range, while still testing for these other items but hold T3 manipulation, until I am showing serum iron levels of 35% saturation, doing anything before that would tend towards pooling. Good to know.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I think in your case that 35% would be at/around optimal. However, IMO, at least get into the 25% bracket on saturation, which would put your serum close to 100ug/dl (again, that's just my take, see what your physician says). Somewhere along the way, the gates open up, blood is enriched with iron, which opens the door for adequate thyroid productivity.

For the most part, iron not only has a direct relationship with thyroid hormone, it is also linked to the adrenals and cortisol production thereof. Unfortunately, the thyroid needs these and a variety of other agents to function effectively in the body, which can make the whole process at times look complicated. However, the body has these markers in place for a reason, so it's essential to know what variables are needed to make it all work.

Tom Larabee

Thank you for the very detailed input, I learn something new all the time. I will touch base with Doc on this and the others next Thursday.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me