Irritability and anxiety on Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Robotics

Oh, so two weeks you were pretty good, then anxiety hit, but only lasted about a week?

basically 1.5 weeks in I was ok, then got massive anxiety like never before, then a week after that the anxiety was gone. I have heard a few other people mention they had similar experience when switching protocols. It is a time of great variations in levels. If your new protocol is reasonable i would wait it out for at least 6 weeks.

Gman86

basically 1.5 weeks in I was ok, then got massive anxiety like never before, then a week after that the anxiety was gone. I have heard a few other people mention they had similar experience when switching protocols. It is a time of great variations in levels. If your new protocol is reasonable i would wait it out for at least 6 weeks.

Yup, I’ve heard the same. Seems you got off lucky with it only lasting a week. Some guys report feeling horrible like that for weeks at a time, sometimes even longer.

This could theoretically be a big reason why some people hop on ai’s. They think this horrible feeling could be due to E2, and therefore try to treat high E2 symptoms with the ai. Then for some it seems to help, but maybe they were going to feel better anyways due to their body getting used to the new protocol. Like your case, for example. If you would of taken an ai during that period of anxiety, and then a week later felt better, you would of then assumed that you needed an ai to feel better, and it would of probbsly been part of your protocol for years. And there would be nobody that could tell you otherwise, because you would of always remembered how much the ai helped u. You would assume that without it, you would automatically go back to that anxiety ridden state. When really, it had nothing to do with the ai at all.

S1W

Don't you mean for low-SHBG? Generally if SHBG is high, you give a larger dose which lowers SHBG. You lower the dose and increase injection frequency with low SHBG guys.

I meant high SHBG. Perhaps the confusion lies in how we're looking at it. Just a theory of mine and I don't know shit, but - when high SHBG guys switch to ED or EOD injections, it seems like their levels often go UP at the same weekly dosage as compared to a less frequent injection protocol. Logically, I would think this happens because they are not "burning through" the T fast enough and levels may build.

fifty

Ok I will post labs here for easier reading:

6/2018 (80mg, 500iu, .125ai MTh) [labs done Monday AM before shot]
Test 1500+
FreeT 25.8
E2 sensistive 47.2
SHBG 66.7
HCT 54.5

12/2018 (54mg, 350iu, .125ai MWF) [labs done Monday AM before shot]
Test 1500+
FreeT 27.5
E2 sensistive 47.9
SHBG 70.4
HCT 53.8

I have already donated blood 3x in the past 7-8 months.

I am considering moving to (46mg test only MWF). Thoughts?

Updated 6week labs on 46mg, 250iu, .125ai SunTueThur. Labs taken Thur morning before shot. My previous labs were taken 72hrs after shot... after the weekend. These labs were taken 48hrs after shot to mimic my "most frequent" trough:

3/2019
Test 1447
FreeT 27.1
E2 Sensitive 32.8
SHBG 45.9
HCT 48.7

Very interesting there with the SHBG drop. No major changes to my diet or life...other than lots of work stress.

Last edited:

fifty

Also DHT 24 (30-85). I just remembered I had added this test.

This could actually be some of my anxiety and stress issues?

I had been using .5mg topical finasteride solution once per day since November. Some people never learn...

I think we know DHT can has some opposition to E2 so if things are E2 related then ya the low DHT could be problematic or exacerbating the E symptoms for you.

fifty

I hadn’t been feeling great. Poor ability to cope with stress. Anxiety and mood issues. At least my hct seems under control at the lower dose :). I am going to stop the topical fin and am going to go minimalist for a while with Test only until I get all these variables figured out.

Gman86

I hadn’t been feeling great. Poor ability to cope with stress. Anxiety and mood issues. At least my hct seems under control at the lower dose :). I am going to stop the topical fin and am going to go minimalist for a while with Test only until I get all these variables figured out.

I just went minimalist as well, about 2 weeks ago. Got rid of my ai and HCG. So far, I either feel the same or slightly better.

Are you stopping your ai too, or just stopping the HCG?

fifty

Going to stop everything but test. I feel i have good labs and info now.

I feel if i only drop hcg then I’m at risk for e2 to get too low. No more hcg ai or topical finasteride will be the plan i hope. I am surprised .5mg topical fin once a day put dht in the 20s... i was guessing dht in the 60s. Consult with defy in a couple weeks.

fifty

Gave it a month. No ai or hcg. Did not feel good. Trouble sleeping and anxiety/depression symptoms.

I am going to revert to my last bloodwork labs protocol which had great numbers. .46mg 250iu .125ai 3x/wk.

I think the topical finasteride was throwing a wrench in things because my last dht pull was 24 (low). I stopped that also during this past month. Maybe something to do with dht vs estrogen that I learned about on this forum recently.

Today when I added back in the ai and hcg I felt better within 3 hours. This last week or two I had been in a very depressed mood.

Last edited:

Gman86

Gave it a month. No ai or hcg. Did not feel good. Trouble sleeping and anxiety/depression symptoms.

I am going to revert to my last bloodwork labs protocol which had great numbers. .46mg 250iu .125ai 3x/wk.

I think the topical finasteride was throwing a wrench in things because my last dht pull was 24 (low). I stopped that also during this past month. Maybe something to do with dht vs estrogen that I learned about on this forum recently.

Today when I added back in the ai and hcg I felt better within 3 hours. This last week or two I had been in a very depressed mood.

Thanks for the update. Definitely curious to see how you end up doing over the next few weeks now that you’re back on HCG and an ai.

Did you notice any testicular shrinkage during the month with no HCG?

fifty

Yes. Probably shrank 20-30% and a bit of an ache. Definitely felt like something was missing.

Too many damn variables. I might do a blood draw this week some day if I’m feeling good just to see where things sit.

lemonflavor

Fifty, did you always do the HCG and AI together?

I have a problem with anxiety on just T. Most say that HCG makes things worse. I have to wonder if I may be the opposite and trying HCG might be a last resort at some point.

fifty

I had tried hcg and t with no ai for maybe a week. Didn’t like it. Probably more anxious on test w/ hcg and no ai.

Mr S

I would make it more clear for people to understand your labs and type out your protocol, free T, Total, E2, SHBG, dhea etc for that period and do the same for your other protocol.

6/8 was 80/500/.125 and 9/24 was 54/350/.125 ? it is suprising that your free testosterone went up so much with more frequent injections. For that reason I am thinking I am interpreting this wrong.

how long have you been on the new protocol? on week two of my new protocol i got crazy anxiety but it resolved itself.
I only use 200iu once per week, nuts not shrunken up. My clinic looks at me funny but HCG is more like just water to me, either seems to complicate things or it's use is completely transparent, has no positive effect on me in any way.
But having normal testicular size is the goal at least for me. If 200iu/week does the job I don’t see why inject more hcg.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me