Can someone recommend a good B-complex?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

i admit, i'm a bit picky. I spent a couple hours online last night looking for what I wanted but couldn't find it. i'm looking for a B-complex with the activated form of the B's, low in B12, and with 400mcg of Methyltetrafolate(Folate) and either a two capsule formula or a sustained released formula. Any idea?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
i admit, i'm a bit picky. I spent a couple hours online last night looking for what I wanted but couldn't find it. i'm looking for a B-complex with the activated form of the B's, low in B12, and with 400mcg of Methyltetrafolate(Folate) and either a two capsule formula or a sustained released formula. Any idea?

I take this one. Thorne makes top notch supps.

Majority of b-complex have a fair dose of b-12.....would be hard to come across one with low b12 (depending on what you deem low).

Thorne Research, Basic B Complex, 60 Capsules

Supplement

Facts Serving Size: One Capsule
Each Capsule Contains:% DV

Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 110 mg 9,167%
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 10 mg 769%
Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 10 mg as Niacin) 140 mg 875%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 10 mg 588%
Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate†from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 667 mcg DFE 167%
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 400 mcg 16,667%

Biotin 400 mcg 1,333%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 110 mg 2,200%
Choline (as Choline Citrate) 28 mg 5%

Daily Value (DV) †This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic).

You could split open the capsule and divide the powder if you want to spread out twice/daily as the capsules are a fair size.

Last edited:

Gianluca

I take this one. Thorne makes top notch supps.

Majority of b-complex have a fair dose of b-12.....would be hard to come across one with low b12 (depending on what you deem low).

Supplement

Facts Serving Size: One Capsule
Each Capsule Contains:% DV

Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 110 mg 9,167%
Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 10 mg 769%
Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 10 mg as Niacin) 140 mg 875%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 10 mg 588%
Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate†from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 667 mcg DFE 167%
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 400 mcg 16,667%

Biotin 400 mcg 1,333%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 110 mg 2,200%
Choline (as Choline Citrate) 28 mg 5%

Daily Value (DV) †This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.'s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic).

You could split open the capsule and divide the powder if you want to spread out twice/daily as the capsules are a fair size.

thanks, do you feel you getting a good result throughout the day even with just a capsule? assuming you take that in the AM.

cswimm9868

My doctor recommended Vital Nutrients B Complex.

Gianluca

Still couldn't really find something I like, most formulas such as the jarrow one's, which is looks good, comes in a one per day serving size, most vitamin B's are excreted in about 2 hours, so a two day capsule make more sense.

And I wanted to give it a try to stay at possibly 50 max 100mcg of B12, if Methylated, see if my HCT comes down and flushing goes away

But I'm questioning if there is really the need to buy Methylgroup B's, unless someone doesn't have trouble with the body own Methylation process. I'm thinking to probably using "normal" B's, then check Homocysteine levels, that is probably an indicator someone needs Methylated B's

I bought a one per day capsule from Whole foods https://www.amazon.com/365-Everyday-Value-Complex-180/dp/B074KL2SFD

Still, I believe too much B's in a single serving

Gianluca

I find many things that I think are underdosed or otherwise not a clinically effective dose.

I have to say I don't have much knowledge on the B's, I just studied them on text book at school what we need them for. But i have done a little reading on Examinate.com last couple of days, and there, I have seen some evidence that it may be not a good idea to megadose with some of B vitamins long term. And we know we can apply this concept for another vitamins, minerals and hormones.

Blackhawk

I've been buying this: https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-synergy-optimized-b-100-complex-enhanced-absorption , which has methyl forms of Folate and B-12. After reading about MTHFR I figured what's it going to hurt to take the methyl forms?

These capsules are HUGE, and indeed are megadoses. I fill smaller caps with their contents and have been reducing dosage to see what level my urine starts clearing later in the day from the vibrant B coloration. I think I am down to size 4 capsule. I also split DHEA and pregnenelone caps, and with all open the caps to take the med in order to save the caps for re-use.

Last edited:

Gianluca

I've been buying this: https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-synergy-optimized-b-100-complex-enhanced-absorption , which has methyl forms of Folate and B-12. After reading about MTHFR I figured what's it going to hurt to take the methyl forms?

These capsules are HUGE, and indeed are megadoses. I fill smaller caps with their contents and have been reducing dosage to see what level my urine starts clearing later in the day from the vibrant B coloration. I think I am down to size 4 capsule. I also split DHEA and pregnenelone caps, and with all open the caps to take the med in order to save the caps for re-use.

yes that is totally a megadose, I thought about the MTHFR gene as well, and maybe good to take methylated B's, but maybe not. I think if ones has an elevated Homocysteine level despite taking vit B's, then It can try Methylated to see if that was the problem.

Taking high doses of the B's seems to interact with the own body Methylation process. Something I just got to lean and need to make a deeper research

Does long term high doses of Vitamin B6 B12 cause cancer?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me