Lump after shots all of a sudden

Buy Lab Tests Online

TRTinNY

All,

I have been on TRT for almost 4 months. Recently in the last 2 weeks i started getting hard lumps about 2 days after my shot which dont seem to go away or at least not yet.

I am doing SubQ using 27 Gauge 1/2 inch needles. I did change from getting prescription filled by Rite Aid to getting filled by Miller's Pharmacy in NJ over a month ago.

Any idea of what to do or if i should be concerned?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TRTinNY

FYI...i inject EOD so this is starting to get annoying...for months been injecting in my lovehandles and since i had one lump on each one i injected in right abdomen on Wednesday and have a small lump tonight that i noticed and injected my left abdomen this morning but no lump yet...not painful but one of them on my love handle was itchy for a few days.

Vince

Super Moderator
For me Sub-Q never worked right, I really like shallow IM, for me very few issues.

The ventorgluteal (VG) site has less subcutaneous fat and a thicker muscle mass than the dorsogluteal site with an almost certain probability of penetrating muscle with a standard needle.
The VG site is also sparse of any major innervating nerves or blood vessels whilst remaining well perfused from smaller branches.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...n-site-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves

madman

Super Moderator
All,

I have been on TRT for almost 4 months. Recently in the last 2 weeks i started getting hard lumps about 2 days after my shot which dont seem to go away or at least not yet.

I am doing SubQ using 27 Gauge 1/2 inch needles. I did change from getting prescription filled by Rite Aid to getting filled by Miller's Pharmacy in NJ over a month ago.

Any idea of what to do or if i should be concerned?

Thanks!

Prescription filled from two difference pharmacies should make no difference unless something is different about your medications such as the preservatives/type of oil used as some can react poorly due to sensitivity to the ingredients of the medication. Has there been any difference in the volume of oil you have been injecting or your injection procedure ( how fast you are injecting).

madman

Super Moderator
Both pharmacies have oil...I don't know what you mean though

Delatestryl (enanthate) uses sesame oil and chlorobutanol as a preservative. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/009165s032lbl.pdf

Depo -Test uses cottonseed oil and benzyl alcohol/benzyl benzoate as preservatives/solvents.https://www.perrigo.com/files/rx/pdfs/prod296-9Z800RCJ5.pdf

Now if you are using a compounded injectable testosterone than you will have to check the label of both medications from each pharmacy as they may have different oils/preservatives.

Hoosier52

I had bumps and itching and switched to TCyp in grape seed oil. That helped some. Dr. Saya told me to hold my thumb hard against the injection site for 1 minute and that really helped.

CSI007

So far in a year of injecting I have had 1 lump develop. It was a tad bit painful and felt like the size of a marble. No bruising at all. It took about 4 or 5 days to diminish. I rotate from left to right thigh and do sub-q. There was nothing unusual that I can remember or that I did anything differently from any other injection day. It just happened.

I get a painful knot once or twice per year, make sure that you're rubbing that spot for a few seconds after injection, seems to help but some post injection reaction is not uncommon and just has to be coped with.

TRTinNY

So i still have the same lumps and they are itchy and have not rotated the site yet...went to primary care doctor today and he said not an abcess or infection but i should try for somewhere else but could be an allergy...having hard time figuring out how to find the ventrogluteal. Maybe someone has ideas on this?

Logan45

I was doing subq in the gut for a while started getting lumps. I switched to shallow injection in the delt and have not had any problems since

Last edited:

ratbag

I had the same problem. When I started SubQ it was fine then I got bruising and bumps that wouldn't go away so I started doing shallow IM and it's no longer a problem. It would appear that some of us need to inject into muscle to fix this issue.

Hoosier52

My worst bumps and itching were shallow IM in the thigh. Large, painful, itchy bumps. I switched to 30 ga. 5/16 needles in the hip and stomach and almost no problem. I inject HCG in the stomach and Te in the hip. Not problems with the HCG, sometimes small bumps with the T. I press my thumb hard against the T injection site for 1 minute. That has helped more than anything. If I get a bump it's gone in a day and it never itches. I inject kinda slow.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me