Heartburn Medication use

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eriley71

I’m currently on Pantoprazole for heartburn/acid reflux. I read that Tagamet can cause low Testosterone. I was wondering if any one else is taking Pantoprazole and if it can cause low testosterone levels?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I know Pantoprazole may cause some unwanted side effects, but I never hear of low testosterone as being one of them?

ANy of those acid reducers are bad news, Proton Pump Inhibitors...google it. Also look in to what sounds strange but some of this reflux and even GERD where these drugs are used where it might make sense that you have to much acid, is actually a LACK of stomach acid. The lack of stomach acid = indigestion, inability to digest, etc etc which is what overwhelms that sphincter there and allows things to "reflux".

PPIs are bad news.

Matt Leiser

ANy of those acid reducers are bad news, Proton Pump Inhibitors...google it. Also look in to what sounds strange but some of this reflux and even GERD where these drugs are used where it might make sense that you have to much acid, is actually a LACK of stomach acid. The lack of stomach acid = indigestion, inability to digest, etc etc which is what overwhelms that sphincter there and allows things to "reflux".

PPIs are bad news.

Agreed. I stopped all PPIs and now drink a concoction of water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Haven’t had reflux or indigestion since. Seems weird and counter intuitive but works well. Taste takes some getting used to but isn’t horrible.

Virginian

For me pantoprozole has been I miracle drug. I started it 2 years ago after suffering from heartburn for 55 years. The heartburn would wake me up several times a night. Tagamet, prilosec, nexium, tums etc. were not effective in stopping it. With pantoprozole my heartburn is gone. I was able to prevent heartburn when I eliminated all alcohol, coffee, fats, chocolate, acidic foods like tomatoes and oranges from my diet, but I just didn't want to do that.

I'm on TRT so I can just adjust my T dose to get whatever T level that I want.

For me pantoprozole has been I miracle drug. I started it 2 years ago after suffering from heartburn for 55 years. The heartburn would wake me up several times a night. Tagamet, prilosec, nexium, tums etc. were not effective in stopping it. With pantoprozole my heartburn is gone. I was able to prevent heartburn when I eliminated all alcohol, coffee, fats, chocolate, acidic foods like tomatoes and oranges from my diet, but I just didn't want to do that.

I'm on TRT so I can just adjust my T dose to get whatever T level that I want.

PPI use and low T are the least of the sides and concerns.

Vince

Super Moderator
Something you may want to try is eating ginger. My wife had acid reflux so bad that she slept more nights sitting up than laying down. She was taking Nexium and it didn't necessarily work. Someone had her try ginger and it works for her. She dropped Nexium years ago and just eats a piece of ginger when needed.

https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/ginger-for-acid-reflux
Steve thanks, I've never heard of ginger for acid reflux. I'm adding it to my grocery list.

Acid reflux occurs when stomach acids flow in the wrong direction and rise back up toward your esophagus, causing a burning sensation along their way. Ginger is one of the most effective natural treatments for heartburn. Whether powdered, pickled, or fresh, it relieves the pain and discomfort of heartburn fast. Let's take a look at the medicinal properties that make it such an effective remedy for acid reflux.
https://homeremediesforlife.com/ginger-for-acid-reflux/

Jman

Hey guys. Just wanna say that reading this thread has hopefully helped me out.
Ive been on Prilosec and Rantadine for years with low libido. Got on T, since my levels were in the 200’s. I’ve been on a roller coaster ride trying to get my estradiol right. I couldn’t get a hard on to save my life, low libido. Read how these PPI’s and mineral deficiency.
Anyway read this thread and started on 50 mg of zinc at night. And 400 mg of super magnesium during the day.
My boy stands to salute every morning and no problem during the day.
I know it’s not certain but I’m hopeful it was the PPI’s that caused the vitamin deficiency which caused the ED.
Planning on dropping my T shots from 100ml per week down to 80ml and drop my anastazole from .66 down to .50.
Hoping that I can supplament my natural T more through the vitamins and lowering my T shots and anastazole to lower levels.
Maybe 60ml T and .33 aid to lowest point permenantly over several weeks. So just wanted to get your thoughts on this.
thanks!

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey guys. Just wanna say that reading this thread has hopefully helped me out.
Ive been on Prilosec and Rantadine for years with low libido. Got on T, since my levels were in the 200's. I've been on a roller coaster ride trying to get my estradiol right. I couldn't get a hard on to save my life, low libido. Read how these PPI's and mineral deficiency.
Anyway read this thread and started on 50 mg of zinc at night. And 400 mg of super magnesium during the day.
My boy stands to salute every morning and no problem during the day.
I know it's not certain but I'm hopeful it was the PPI's that caused the vitamin deficiency which caused the ED.
Planning on dropping my T shots from 100ml per week down to 80ml and drop my anastazole from .66 down to .50.
Hoping that I can supplament my natural T more through the vitamins and lowering my T shots and anastazole to lower levels.
Maybe 60ml T and .33 aid to lowest point permenantly over several weeks. So just wanted to get your thoughts on this.
thanks!

Do you have a thread where you posted your labs. There are many reasons why you may not be dialed-in yet, estradiol levels is just one of the causes.

The REAL problem with reflux isn't too much stomach acid, that's "logical" but the real problem is too LITTLE stomach acid. The problem starts when you can't digest your food because you don't have enough stomach acid. PPIs make this worse inspite of resolution of the symptom of heartburn/reflux. What's happening is that thru not being able to digest is where the malabsoprtion of nutrients starts, the gas, the bloat, overwhelms that sphincter and thus you get the reflux.

If you treat LOW stomach acid, you could find some resolution of a host of symptoms. I use BETAINE-HCL 648mg 3 capsules per day with meals and I've really resolved A LOT of the reflux/burn/GERD problems I had been having. It's sounds illogical...but it works; low stomach acid.

Jman

Hey Vince,

My last sat labs were skewed. Long story short is I was screwing up my testosterone dose and basically doubling it. 200 per week by accident. I wasn't reading the syringe right. Dope! And on top of that I stopped taking my anastazole too.
I've been playing around with all the doses of both to get control of the Ed, depression and anxiety at night and night sweats. Last lab had my estradiol at 50-60. So I think that's it.
Im hyper sensitive I think. Went down to 120 ml and .75 of anastazole because I was still feeling hyper and no erections. Been doing that for 2-3 weeks now and no erections.
Then I read the threads on what the PPI's do and started taking zinc at night and magnesium during the day.
Im getting morning and nighttime erections and am able to keep an erection.
It's only been 3 days of wood but I haven't been able to get hard in 3 months.
So my game plan is to keep that up for now. And 80 ml per week and .4 of anastazole. Then get new labs in 3 weeks?
Then I can get a baseline again.

buggies100

Matt, what is the mix you drink? Is it at all palatable?

Agreed. I stopped all PPIs and now drink a concoction of water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Haven't had reflux or indigestion since. Seems weird and counter intuitive but works well. Taste takes some getting used to but isn't horrible.

Also don't overlook the use of Pre/Pro Biotics for these sort of symptoms.

Betaine-HCL works so well for me I have a second bottle on my desk at work. Not cured...but I'm 100X better than I was and I'm off Tums, etc etc

Krock

Do you have a thread where you posted your labs. There are many reasons why you may not be dialed-in yet, estradiol levels is just one of the causes.
Quick question? How are you getting your Anaztazole fractions specifically dosed? I break the pills (razor)... But it is certainly not that precise.

Vince

Super Moderator
Quick question? How are you getting your Anaztazole fractions specifically dosed? I break the pills (razor)... But it is certainly not that precise.
actually I've never used an AI. Some people cut them with a pill cutter, other people dissolves it in some type of alcohol.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

jayt

I’m currently on Pantoprazole for heartburn/acid reflux. I read that Tagamet can cause low Testosterone. I was wondering if any one else is taking Pantoprazole and if it can cause low testosterone levels?
eliminate the drugs and take Pepto or Maalox.. comes in liquid or chewables .... easy and cheap

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me