ExcelMale.com Meal and Diet Plan for Muscle Gain and Fat Loss

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
ExcelMale.com Maintenance Meal Plan

Monday

-7am: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 oz of smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, 1 small serving of berries.
-11am: Kale Salad w/ 5 oz of shaved turkey or chicken breast, w/ avocado, almonds and EVOO/mustard vinaigrette (substitute any lean meat or fish as well as any greens you prefer)
-3pm: One small handful of pistachios (1 cup)
-7pm: 6oz steak, grilled/steamed asparagus, butter lettuce salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar dressing.

Tuesday

-7am: 2 eggs with feta cheese, a cup of black rice (or steel cut oats) and 1/4 avocado
-12pm: 1 can of tuna in olive oil with roasted vegetables with salad and olive oil/vinegar dressing
- 3pm- A handful of mixed nuts or whey protein (30 grams) (I like Isopure)
-6pm: Roasted 1/2 Chicken with Acorn Squash and cinnamon (or a microwaved sweet potato with yogurt topping)

Wednesday

-7am: Basically the breakfast is almost always the same, (eggs prepared any way prefer or variable protein, healthy fat source and small amount of seasonal fruit)
-11am: Bison or Tuna Burger patty over kale salad with avocado, no bun
-3pm: Healthy Snack (i.e, nuts/seeds, small serving of lean meat/ natural beef jerky) or whey protein.
-7pm: 6oz Roasted Rack of Lamb, roasted squash, onions, mushrooms, and salad with EVOO oil and mustard vinaigrette (you can substitute lamb for lean meat/fish/poultry)

Thursday

-7am: Sweet Potato with 2 Over Easy eggs and fruit. Or bowl of steel cut oatmeal with 2% Greek yogurt and nuts/berries.
-12pm: 6 Wings (Baked) and 1/2 Turkey & Avocado salad.
-3pm: Other half of salad from lunch or whey protein.
-7pm: 6-8 oz of Pork Tenderloin, 2 cups of vegetables with big salad and EVOO/Vin (or black rice or sweet potato)

Friday

-7am: Breakfast
-11am: Tuna salad w/ onion, celery, apple, mustard vinaigrette , EVOO and avocado
-3pm: (snack) rest of Tuna salad or whey protein or mixed nuts
-7pm (Cheat night) Go for it, although no dessert!

Saturday

-7am: 2 Hard Boiled or scrambled eggs, handful grapes , or 3 high protein pancakes (see this video
)
-10am: nuts, cup of 2% fat Greek yogurt, or whey protein.
-2pm: Burger patty with mushrooms and red onions and large salad + avocado (no bun)
-7pm: 6oz Filet with roasted veg (1 glass red wine). You can cheat a little.

Sunday

-9am: Similar Breakfast to Saturday
-1pm: Cheat meal. Go for it!!
-6pm: Grilled marinated chicken breast over large bowl of greens
or
Large piece of baked salmon plus steamed vegetables
or
Carnitas (shredded pork) in butter lettuce wraps plus black rice or black beans.

Healthy Eating Shopping List

1. Produce
· Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
· Broccoli and cabbage
· Green beans
· Avocados
· Raspberries and all berries. You can buy frozen ones and add to whey protein shakes
· Whole fruits (remember no juices).
· Sweet potatoes, carrots
· Hummus
· Beans and other legumes (you can buy canned or frozen ones)

2. Nuts, Grains, Oil
· Mix of almonds and other nuts
· Peanut, almond, and cashew butters without hydrogenated oil (the healthy nut butters show oil and butter separated since the lack of hydrogenated oils prevents emulsification)
· Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
· Wild rice (the darker the rice, the better)
· Whole grain breads and pasta
· High fiber crackers
· Oatmeal (not the little packets; those are loaded with sugars)

· Olive oil
3. Dairy
· Low fat milk, cheese
· Yogurt (Greek style, no sugar added)
· Eggs (free range or Omega 3 enriched if possible)

4. Meat
· Lean meats
· Salmon, sardines and tuna
Drink:
· Occasional glass of red wine per day (optional)

5. Supplements
· Whey protein (I like the Isopure brand since it does not give me gut problems and it is very light)
· Vitamin D (5000 IU per day)
· A multivitamin (Super Nutrition’s Super Blend)
· NAC (600 mg twice per day)
-Coenzyme Q-10 100-200 mg twice per day

VIDEO: Click Here

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

OATS and a WHEY-YOGURT guormet dessert.

Nelson, Thanks for taking the time to put together an excellent menu and shopping list!

You mentioned OATS. Before proceeding with a mini-course on selection and preparation of natural oats I want all of you, whether you currently eat oat MEAL or not to go buy OAT BRAN, preferably pre-toasted ( Trader Joes ).

Why OAT BRAN? Tastes better, more satisfying, ready in 180 seconds, easier to digest, soothes the gut, slow continuous release of nutrients, 50% more fiber, more protein, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins. The only caveat is that one must -slowly- sift the bran in to boiling water while stirring for 180 seconds on simmer or you'll have a clumpy mess.

Back to OATS. People either love them or avoid with a passion. Like many foods, exposure to low quality or improperly prepared foods at an early age ingrains a negative association with that food which can persist for life.

How can you screw up Quaker Instant oatMEAL? Easy, buying it in the first place.

Both the Old fashioned and the Instant flakes are heavily processed steamed and rolled. Who knows better than an old profiteering Quaker that if you blend with white sugar, artificial flavor and salt then the masses will consume it by the train load. I can get it down plain but how do I feel afterwards? Hungry again in half an hour. Not energized and often with an upset stomach. Definitely not satiated or vitalized.

Steel Cut OAT BERRIES:
Oats before they become "meal", as in livestock meal, as in American steam rolled oat flakes, were once a staple of the diet. Ask an Irishman or a Scott how to prepare and consume oats and he tell you:

Mill top quality OAT BERRIES using steel blades
Lightly pan toast them in a cast iron pan
Put them in a heavy cast iron pot and pour boiling water over them, cover and go to bed.

Rise at 4 am, add more boiling water, stir over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring constantly while adding just the right amount of additional boiling water every few minutes until they are almost creamy smooth.

Add fresh churned butter, possibly cream, nuts and berries. The wife did all this. You now head out for a hard days work farming hunting or fighting for home rule with a hearty meal that slowly releases energy over at least 6 hours, energizing and boosting the immune system.

Notice I said "top quality" steel cut oat berries. That means Irish berries milled and packed in tin under nitrogen to keep the oils from going rancid. McCann's. Yes it makes a huge difference even though you can get Bob's Redmill or U.S. berries in bulk for much less.

Few if any of you are going to go through all that trouble even if you do happen to own seasoned cast iron.

How to fool an Irishman: Place the berries in a bowl and pressure cook them as follows:

Lightly pan toast the berries for a minute in the bottom of the dry pressure cooker.
Remove toasted oats and place in a 6-8 cup corning pyro-creamic bowl, cover with boling water.

Drop the corningware containg oats and water on to a steamer plate inside of a 6-8 qt Fagor pressure cooker.
Close lid, pressure-cook for about 25 minutes.

This is a set and forget method if you use a portable induction hob with timer. Cleans up in seconds since there is never any scorching or sticky mess.

For proper digestion it is important to consume oats with a little high quality fat. Nuts, seeds, unrefined coconut oil or butter made from grass fed ruminant milk. A few things I've added: fresh milled flax seed, dried/fresh fruit or berries, coffee, green tea, even Kahlua. IMO a bit of sugar from fruit or elsewhere is essential.

Steel cut oat berries as described above are a complete meal. I would not combine them with egg or anything else. I've tried that and found it screws up my digestion. If you want more protein in the morning then consume your whey shake first or a 1/2 cup plain yogurt.
___

Yogurt Fortified with Whey

1 cup plain organic yogurt
1 scoop naturally flavored Whey powder sweetened with Stevia not sucralose i.e. Impact Whey, naturally flavored
stir until smooth about a minute. Eat immediately or refrigerate 30 minutes.

29g of protein using yogurt with 9g protein/serving.

I've tried this with Impact Natural Chocolate flavor Whey flavor which is sweetened with sucralose. This yields a very rich tasting dish much like a gourmet dessert. I imagine it can be frozen too.

masfield

great line up of foods and meals for me to use. thanks nelson!

and thanks to you too, re-ride. i have an instant pot pressure cooker that i love and will use for the oats. so are you saying bob's redmill aren't any good or just that they're not as good? in any event, i went to bob's site and could find no oats with berries in the name. could they go by something else? here's a link to the bob's site:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/oats.html?infinite=true&

dyson115

Thanks for sharing your meal plan Nelson. It looks like you eat complex carbs every other day, or did I miss something? You probably keep carbs under 100-150g / day?

Re-Ride

great line up of foods and meals for me to use. thanks nelson!

and thanks to you too, re-ride. i have an instant pot pressure cooker that i love and will use for the oats. so are you saying bob's redmill aren't any good or just that they're not as good? in any event, i went to bob's site and could find no oats with berries in the name. could they go by something else? here's a link to the bob's site:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/oats.html?infinite=true&

Linter, So you're wondering what your berries looked like before before Bob sliced them up? I don't know what an "instant pot" is. A real pressure cooker at standard pressure works. Give it a try. Did you enjoy the oat bran porridge? It's way easier to cook.

masfield

i'll go buy oat bran tomorrow, probably bob's redmill. instant pot is a brand of electric pressure cooker. thanks again for all your suggestions; very very helpful!

Re-Ride

i'll go buy oat bran tomorrow, probably bob's redmill. instant pot is a brand of electric pressure cooker. thanks again for all your suggestions; very very helpful!

I don't believe an electric pot develops real pressure cooker pressure. It likely won't work.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have one of this and I have to say it is the best cooking appliance I have. Most beans under 20 min. Meat under 16 min. I make lots of shredded chicken and pork for tacos and to eat with black rice.

I highly recommend it.

Amazon.com

masfield

i do exactly as you do, nelson. i bought the thing on a whim after a friend told me about his and it's not only made cooking food, meat especially, much easier but it also tastes much better.
have you hardboiled eggs in your IP? go to peel em afterwards and they basically jump out of the shell. yay!
ribs, shredded beef, pot roast, a whole chicken, on and on, i cook them all in the instant pot now. so easy and such a time saver!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me