Quest VS LabCorp: Understanding Different Ranges

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Hi Guys

I have done a blood work this time with Quest and comparing my previous lab done with LabCorp, I see that Quest has ranges a bit different, for example it could allow more or less of a certain unit for a determinate test, so if I'm understating well, comparing a same number for a determinate test, for Labcorp may be in range but for Quest may be out of range correct? or we would need to consider the different range to determine if result is in range or not? does it make sense?

Doc sent me for Estradiol sensitive but I believe this is not, cause on previus BW I was on 0.07AI twice a week, for the Quest one I was on 0.07 3 x week so I should see a decrease.

What do you guys think of Ferritin? after the Labcorp BW I donated just once, at the end of January, could really be this low??

I started caber 0.125 2 x week so prolactin went low

I definitely lost some libido and sex interest, I was attributing that to low E2, but unfortunately I do not have a sensitive test for estradiol so who knows what my levels is

1st page Quest
2nd page LabCopr
3rd Quest
4th Labcorp

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,331
  • image3.gif
    image3.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,656
  • image2.gif
    image2.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,855
  • image4.gif
    image4.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,024
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Did you attach specific lab results, or is your question a general one in regard to differences with the ranges established by LabCorp and Quest?

Gianluca

Just did, unfortunately system upload the two Laboratory pages mixed so I have the first one and last one from Quest

Did you attach specific lab results, or is your question a general one in regard to differences with the ranges established by LabCorp and Quest?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Were the two pairs of tests from both companies taken the same day?

Yes, every lab uses their own ranges generated by their own data. There is no federal or guideline requirement for all labs to use the same ranges even if using the same assay method.

Also, even if we are taking TRT + HCG + anastrozole at a stable dose each for weeks, we will have a fluctuation of plus or minus 10-20% due to hydration status, and liver and kidney metabolism changes that naturally occur.

Gianluca

Hi Nelson, the Labcorp test is from mid January, Quest is April 10, so 10 days a go, the Estradiol test shown on Quest lab it is not sensitive correct?

Were the two pairs of tests from both companies taken the same day?

Yes, every lab uses their own ranges generated by their own data. There is no federal or guideline requirement for all labs to use the same ranges even if using the same assay method.

Also, even if we are taking TRT + HCG + anastrozole at a stable dose each for weeks, we will have a fluctuation of plus or minus 10-20% due to hydration status, and liver and kidney metabolism changes that naturally occur.

Gianluca

I like better Labcorp as well, but for Defy I will need to use Quest for insurance purposes now, Vince what do you think about my ferritin level? it was at 80 mid January, I donated then, so after over two months is down to 28? something is off?

I only use LabCorp for my panels from Defy Medical and then my panels for Advanced Lipidolody I use Cleveland Heartlabs.

Gianluca

also my Magnesium RBC 4.1? I have using an average of 600mg of Magnesium a day in supplement form, plus rest from diet, I would be curious to know what were the levels before

Vince

Super Moderator
I like better Labcorp as well, but for Defy I will need to use Quest for insurance purposes now, Vince what do you think about my ferritin level? it was at 80 mid January, I donated then, so after over two months is down to 28? something is off?
It's the cost of donating blood, my hope is now my hematocrit will stabilize after being on TRT for over 2 years.

Vince

Super Moderator
also my Magnesium RBC 4.1? I have using an average of 600mg of Magnesium a day in supplement form, plus rest from diet, I would be curious to know what were the levels before
I use "source naturals magnesium malate" which I really like, I do know a lot of people that make and use magnesium water. This weekend when I have more time I'll try to post the recipe for magnesium water.

Gianluca

Ferritin should drop about 30, if I remember correctly, after donating a pint, my Ferritin end of January was 80, I donated then so it should have dropped to 50, at the end of January....after two months with no donations dropped to 28? I'm thinking something is off, whether Quest or me

It's the cost of donating blood, my hope is now my hematocrit will stabilize after being on TRT for over 2 years.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me