Am i heading in the right direction?

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Thanks again CoastWatcher and everyone else who added to this this thread. I at least have a much better understanding and have a plan of action.

Try and resist the urge to test early. Give everything six weeks to settle (it takes that long for steady-state serum levels to be achieved).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Kirk001

Wow sounds like you've had a rollercoaster of a year. I too have had anxiety get worse since starting hormone treatment, but I'm on clomiphene not testosterone. Clomiphene has some particular side effects of anxiety / depression / enhanced estrogenic effects I think though so it's not directly comparable of a situation.

Sucks though man, if you're like me, anxiety was one of the main reasons for starting treatment. But as others have said, you need to simplify things. The 50mg every 3.5 days seems to be a common simple conservative starting point.

carkrazy

I have suffered with anxiety for 19 years due to mild PTSD but it has always been manageable. Since starting TRT, it is 5 times worse. Anxiety is terrible and hard for people to understand but i feel your pain. Meditation, eating well and exercise helps get rid of that excess anxiety but yes!, it feels like shit man. hang in there brother.
Wow sounds like you've had a rollercoaster of a year. I too have had anxiety get worse since starting hormone treatment, but I'm on clomiphene not testosterone. Clomiphene has some particular side effects of anxiety / depression / enhanced estrogenic effects I think though so it's not directly comparable of a situation.

Sucks though man, if you're like me, anxiety was one of the main reasons for starting treatment. But as others have said, you need to simplify things. The 50mg every 3.5 days seems to be a common simple conservative starting point.

@carkrazy, you really should consider what others have suggested and immediately switch to frequent injections. For you, an E2 reading of 20 will feel like 40 to others because your E2 is not getting bound. Also, your free T may be high, but because of the very short half-life, it will be gone very quickly.

By dosing every day (or EOD), you will maintain steady saturation levels, reduce your E2, and have more free t for longer periods.

You could also try a low carb diet (Keto) to increase SHBG.

carkrazy

30005Gator, your input is noted but i already started with injections every 3.5 days and no anastrozole which is a huge change from what i was doing previously. I want to stick with one thing at a time to see how i feel before changing protocols again. Also the thought of injecting EOD seems like a pain in the ass (no pun intended). If i did decide later on to inject EOD what dosage would be appropriate?
@carkrazy, you really should consider what others have suggested and immediately switch to frequent injections. For you, an E2 reading of 20 will feel like 40 to others because your E2 is not getting bound. Also, your free T may be high, but because of the very short half-life, it will be gone very quickly.

By dosing every day (or EOD), you will maintain steady saturation levels, reduce your E2, and have more free t for longer periods.

You could also try a low carb diet (Keto) to increase SHBG.

CoastWatcher

I'd inject as often as you need to, and no more than that. I realize that's an ambiguous declaration, but it's offered in response to your question about an EOD protocol. I don't know, and nobody else really does. Twice weekly shots, as you're planning, may well be successful. If they're not, it will be necessary to check what total and free testosterone levels were achieved on your every 3.5 day schedule. You and your doctor will have to look at your estradiol - is it at a comfortable level, or must attention be paid? HCG - if it's on the agenda - has to be weighed.

I inject 16mg of enanthate every morning; that's my third injection protocol. It works, spectacularly well. But we arrived here in a step-by-step manner. Many guys don't need to inject more frequently than twice a week. If it turns out you do, you'll have plenty of data to draw on.

carkrazy

CoastWatcher, I'm with you. I chose a protocol and sticking to it. I'm taking it one step at a time. I'll check my levels in 6 weeks and make adjustments if needed. I was just was curious as to what an EOD protocol would look like is all.
I'd inject as often as you need to, and no more than that. I realize that's an ambiguous declaration, but it's offered in response to your question about an EOD protocol. I don't know, and nobody else really does. Twice weekly shots, as you're planning, may well be successful. If they're not, it will be necessary to check what total and free testosterone levels were achieved on your every 3.5 day schedule. You and your doctor will have to look at your estradiol - is it at a comfortable level, or must attention be paid? HCG - if it's on the agenda - has to be weighed.

I inject 16mg of enanthate every morning; that's my third injection protocol. It works, spectacularly well. But we arrived here in a step-by-step manner. Many guys don't need to inject more frequently than twice a week. If it turns out you do, you'll have plenty of data to draw on.

30005Gator, your input is noted but i already started with injections every 3.5 days and no anastrozole which is a huge change from what i was doing previously. I want to stick with one thing at a time to see how i feel before changing protocols again. Also the thought of injecting EOD seems like a pain in the ass (no pun intended). If i did decide later on to inject EOD what dosage would be appropriate?
Ah, sorry. I missed that you have already made a change. I agree that you should wait six weeks before making another change (if necessary...hopefully not!).

carkrazy

hello again everyone, I just wanted to give you all an update on my new protocol. so its been about 4 weeks since switching to 50mg of test cyp every 3.5 days and i must say its been a great improvement. My anxiety is still there but it is significantly lower than it was before. i feel better and better as the weeks go on and cant wait to see what my labs show. so far, i don't feel any symptoms of high e2. morning wood and libido is really good too. once i get my labs i will touch on the topic of introducing hcg due to testicular atrophy but for now 1 thing at a time. thanks again for everyone's input. loving the site

hurleytmark

so low SHBG is why i have the anxiety symptoms im experiencing? My free t isn't to high at 127 (35-155 pg/ml) is it possible to have low SHBG and not have free T issues? never been an issue for me unless 127 is considered high.
Ins't high.....lol. You are on the high end. Only 5% of males or less hit 155 pg/ml

hurleytmark

Low SHBG men can tolerate almost no estrogen due to the majority of it being free, the lower the shbg more free estrogen. Excess estrogen causes hypertension, anxiety and it blocks the mechanism in the brain that controls blood pressure in the brain.
I seem to have chronic high blood pressure and my free testosterone naturally sits around 155 pg/ml (35-155 pg/ml). I tested at 154.8 pg/ml on my last draw. My Total T is 778 ng/dl as a natural. I have trouble putting on fat. I'm generally a calm person. I think sensitivity to estrogen is what dictates the response. I'm not so sensitive to it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me