Lifting 2x weekly

Buy Lab Tests Online
Been dealing with fatigue for years like over 10. Been on trt over 8 years. Always did four to five days of weights for the last 17 years. Recently switched to three days of weights with cardio afterwards one day jogging and the others of 30 minutes walking. I also have a forth day of just walking. So three days weights plus cardio and a forth day of just walking. My strength is as good as ever and finally my fatigue is improving. I'm thinking of doing just two days of weights with cardio and two days cardio only. I train extremely hard on the days I do lift. Has anyone else found two or three days of weights as opposed to four or five to dramatically make them feel better?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Depends upon your fitness goals as to whether or not two of lifting will achieve.

Generally speaking, what you described will provide for overall health and fitness. It will not add on significant lean muscle mass as you need more time under tension to get bigger.

For me, I lift 4 to 5 days a week because I want to pack on as much lean muscle mass as I can.

If I wanted just overall fitness then what you outlined would do the trick nicely.

Make sure to supplement and eat correctly to see even more optimized results.

Our website and forums are loaded with all you need to learn my friend!!!

Monday: back, arms, legs, forarms, jogging 3.5 miles 8.5 mph no incline. Legs is just 100 body weight squats a d calfs cause my knee can't tolerate weighted leg exercises.
Tuesday off
Wednesday shoulders, traps, abs, light arms, chest, 30 min incline walk 4 mph 5 incline no hands
Thursday- 30 minute incline walk 4 mph 5 incline no hands
Friday- off
Saturday- 30 mins incline walk 4mph incline 5 no hands

Gene, I've competed in past. just trying to maintain now and keep my strength which is very high from 15 plus years of bodybuilding. My diet is very good too. Still bodybuilding diet. Chicken, fish, eggs, steak, some whey, oats, potatoes, broccoli, peppers, olive oil, almonds, a few prunes each morning. Drinks water and black coffee only ever!!! Supplements, chealated magnesium 400 mg before bed, life extension 2 per day multi, d3 5000 ius with a fatty breakfast, nac 1200 mg daily. Trt 100 mg every 3.5 days with .25 mg anastrozole with each shot. Armour thyroid 60 mg daily. Levels at 1100 free t normally 22-26 and sensitive estradiol generally low 30s .

Very in touch with my body from years of training, dieting, and trt. Just shocked how much better I feel on less weight lifting frequency! Was wondering if I'm the only one in this boat. I'm only in 30s but have been doing bodybuilding type training since I started high school. Think the years just took a toll on my body esp my knees.

Leesto

Very in touch with my body from years of training, dieting, and trt. Just shocked how much better I feel on less weight lifting frequency! Was wondering if I'm the only one in this boat. I'm only in 30s but have been doing bodybuilding type training since I started high school. Think the years just took a toll on my body esp my knees.

Certainly overtraining can sap your energy and your ability to maintain/build muscle - especially if you train the same muscle groups too often. Your first description sounded like that. I am assuming here that your workout intensity is high. If you are going to the point of absolute failure on your sets then it will be days before that same muscle group is recovered and ready to retrain. Perhaps even a week or ten days in some cases. It all depends on one's age, nutrition, health, genetics, and so on. It's easy to determine the required recovery period: if you can't powerfully lift more or do more reps than the last time then your muscles haven't recovered sufficiently.

The routine you posted - is that your new routine? Sure looks like one with plenty of recovery time on the weight training.

ERO

We all have differing genetic abilities to recover from hard weight training. Some guys can lift heavy 4-5 days a week without over-training and other guys simply cannot, even on TRT and with a solid diet and ample rest. If you are feeling better on your new routine then that is great news - you have found your "sweet spot" so to speak.

zojo360

Look into the workouts of professional baseball players. They lift only twice a week (upper body one day, lower body second). They are not massive but certainly in good decent shape imo..

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me