Which Diets are Healthy? Cutting Thru the Hype.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

A recent review article in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology discusses what is known about which diets are heart healthy and which are not. The whole article is worth reading, but the conclusion is:

Healthy dietary patterns emphasize high intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts in moderation, and may include limited quantities of lean meat, fish, low-fat and nonfat dairy products, and liquid vegetable oils. These dietary patterns are also low in saturated, trans, and solid fats; sodium; added sugars; and refined grains. In addition, energy intake and physical activity appropriate for maintaining a normal weight, and achieving nutrient adequacy are also recommended.

On the topic of cholesterol:

it remains prudent to advise patients to significantly limit intake of dietary cholesterol in the form of eggs or any high-cholesterol foods to as little as possible.

And on plant versus animal protein:

Evidence indicates that a diet that is predominantly plant based is associated with improved ASCVD (atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease) risk factors, reduced CHD (coronary heart disease) progression, and beneficial effects on ASCVD. A whole food, plant-based dietary pattern plays an important role in ASCVD risk reduction.

I know the subject is a controversial one, but one should know what the research says.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Leesto

Just one word: bullshit.

Doctors would also have you on zero salt for hypertension but we all know sodium is necessary for life.

I followed the advice in the article above for 20 years and ended up with diabetes and hypertension. Both were not cured by doctors or the bad advice of the AMA & American Heart Association or by medicine but have been nearly cured by the ketogenic diet and intense exercise (not cardio).

Vince

Super Moderator
I also read that article today, online. I used to eat a pretty strict vegetarian diet, all the healthy grains and vegetables. For whatever reason it just made me fat. A doctor that I was seeing told me the samething happened to him. He turned me onto low carb, for me it was the best diet and still is. Also it was unbelievable how my lipid panel improved.

Re-Ride

I also read that article today, online. I used to eat a pretty strict vegetarian diet, all the healthy grains and vegetables... made me fat

Vince, I've suggested this before but you weren't interested:

http://www.riseagainsthunger.org/get-involved/host-a-meal-packaging-event/

enriched rice, soy protein, dried veggies

The Rise Against Hunger gruel has made none of its clients fat. As Emeril advises "kick it up a notch" with sardines ( Vince you can try de-oderized fish meal ) and powdered egg whites.

Jinzang

I figured I would be hearing from supporters of the ketogenic diet. Fine. Show me the evidence that a meat based ketogenic diet reduces all cause mortality. I've looked and the evidence I've found shows the opposite.

The overall low-carbohydrate score was associated with a modest increase in overall mortality in a pooled analysis. The animal low-carbohydrate score was associated with higher all-cause mortality, cardiovascular mortality, and cancer mortality

Leesto

I figured I would be hearing from supporters of the ketogenic diet. Fine. Show me the evidence that a meat based ketogenic diet reduces all cause mortality. I've looked and the evidence I've found shows the opposite.

I don't know what epidemiologic studies have been done to assess all cause mortality. I can only speak for myself. A mostly-vegetarian doctor-recommended diet for 20 years left me fighting diabetes, hypertension, joint aches, and a host of other ailments. The more I listened to doctors and the AMA and AHA the worse I got - even though they had me on meds that were supposed to help. The keto diet combined with occasional intense (HIIT) exercise reversed all that. I am healthier and more energetic than I was in my 20's and 30's. I'm now in my 60's. Same for my blood panels. They are improved in virtually every category.

I can't speak for anyone else's body or any one else's unique genetics. I can only relate my own experience. If I had continued following the established medical system's advice it would have put me in an early grave.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me