Testosterone Flu: Is it Real?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JakeH

I have searched here and other forums, and I cannot find many non-bodybuilder sites that address "Test Flu." I recently resumed a TestCyp/HCG protocol (80mg Cyp/350iu HCG E3.5 days [All drugs purchased via Defy.]), after stopping a Clomid challenge. Prior to Clomid, I did 4 months of 160mg Cyp/500iu HCG x1 per week.

I took my third shot last night (SQ), and wowzers did flu-like symptoms hit me hard about 3am, with nausea, body aches, headache and a vicious malaise. I have no sneezing or runny nose. It was so bad I had to schedule a "conference call" at work, make a bed out of cushions in my closet and take a 30min nap.

I guess I am confused since my initial protocol did not cause this at a much higher dose.

Anyway, I tend to trust even anecdotal experiences on this board more than other boards, so I thought I would see if others have had the same happen, and if so, how long it lasts.

update: temp is at 102, so maybe real flu/cold is it.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

1Draw

Jake I would give it a couple more weeks. It could be just a reaction to the T itself or, you could have a flu bug. If problems persist and do not get better, it may be an allergy to the oil used in the compounded T. If from Defy, it is probably compounded with grapeseed oil. Do you know which type of oil was used in the previous compounded T?

I also had allergies to grapeseed oil after a month and switched to sesame seed oil. Flu like symptoms disappeared in a couple of weeks. We are all different and bodies react differently. What works for the majority may not work for everyone.

Its a trial and error process when you first begin T therapy. Be patient and hang in there!

Vince

Super Moderator
When I first started TRT over two years ago, I also got test flu. I was told, my body was adjusting to my new levels of hormones. I'm happy I stayed the course, it gets better and lasted about two weeks.

JakeH

Thanks for the replies. After taking Tylenol and Nsaids last night and this morning and sleeping 12 hours, my fever is down to 99 (normal for me is 97.8), and the body aches have subsided some.

I am going to continue, and if the symptoms persist, I will see about getting a different oil base, as the Pfizer Test C at 160mg did not induce this on my first run of TRT.

madman

Super Moderator
I just started trt 8 weeks ago and noticed minor aches/pains in my muscles and painful headaches which eventually subsided after a few weeks. Almost felt as if I had some thing. Started out at 100mg/week for the first 6 weeks and my dose has been increased to 150mg/week ( 75mg every 3.5days ) and noticed going through the same aches/pains minus the headaches and seems to have subsided again after a few weeks at this new dose. I would say like everyone else it is just your hormones in FLUX and your body is adjusting to the new test levels!

Mind you if you do have a high fever and other symptoms you may have the flu and maybe were more prone at the time to come down with some thing.

Will Brink

Interesting. Have not met, or worked with, anyone who has experienced such a thing. Perhaps in some, a more gradual dosing schedule would be a benefit vs total TRT dose from the start. Maybe a 4-6 week ramp up. I don't recall seeing anything about that effect in the lit either. Maybe Nelson et al has.

- Will @ BrinkZone.com

CoastWatcher

Interesting. Have not met, or worked with, anyone who has experienced such a thing. Perhaps in some, a more gradual dosing schedule would be a benefit vs total TRT dose from the start. Maybe a 4-6 week ramp up. I don't recall seeing anything about that effect in the lit either. Maybe Nelson et al has.

- Will @ BrinkZone.com

My concern with a four-six week ramp-up dose is the shutdown of the axis due to exogenous testosterone being detected...but not at a sufficient level so as to reverse the underlying hypogonadism (now made worse by a lack of residual endogenous testosterone). In for the ride, I would argue means simply accepting the, clearly quite rare, chance of something like "test flu" presenting.

zojo360

Been on TRT for 4 months now. After a month in, I was sick more than ever normal. Stomach bug then strep throat and finally bronchial issues. It could be time of year but sure was a coincidence...

JakeH

How are you doing now?

Better after the initial week, but I am still responding oddly after each shot, with a 2 degree temperature rise 12-36 hours after the shot and muscle soreness at injection site for 3-4 days. I do not think it is my technique, as I have given thousands of shots to others in my former line of work. If it continues I will ask for a script of Big Pharma Test Cyp for one round to see if it is the oil I am reacting to. I could also switch to SubQ for a few weeks and see how that works. Either way, I am proceeding, as the positive subjective benefits that I had last time on TRT are returning since stopping the clomid restart attempt.

Worried

No, but even if I did, causation would be hard to prove, as it is allergy season.

I was asking because that's what happened to me. But because it was a combination of testosterone Cypionate, anastrozole, and hCG, I'm not sure what if anything was causing an allergic reaction. After I was done with the first bottle, the clinic I was with sent me a different brand. When I asked them about it, they said they had complaints that the previous brand was causing knots in patients. (Thanks for letting me know!) It makes me wonder if my complications were from the oil.

I am not taking anything currently, waiting for the doctors appointment with a new clinic.

Steelballs

Well I stopped taking T to see if clomid could bring me up naturally. It didn't. I started T and HCG for about a week now. Today I feel sick. Light fever right now. This happened when I first started T many years ago. Now that it's happening again makes me wonder.

klepp0906

not sure what the rules are around here regarding what the internet likes to call "necro-ing" but this was the first hit via google.

Found it as I was searching for something I recalled hearing years ago about "test-flu" when I was young and entertaining steroid cycles.

Nonetheless, I was (and am) feeling like death warmed over starting about 2 days after my 1st shot, and continuing to this point (2 days before my 3rd shot every 3.5) so far.

Using the pfizer fwiw.

Feel awful but im sure it will pass. Could be coincidence but my general health as far as diet and exercise is all but impeccable. Its still summer here, and I havent been sick in nearly as long as i can remember. Of course that could mean I was due - but being that im not a betting man, safe to say its the testosterone imo.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

jadenfox

Better after the initial week, but I am still responding oddly after each shot, with a 2 degree temperature rise 12-36 hours after the shot and muscle soreness at injection site for 3-4 days. I do not think it is my technique, as I have given thousands of shots to others in my former line of work. If it continues I will ask for a script of Big Pharma Test Cyp for one round to see if it is the oil I am reacting to. I could also switch to SubQ for a few weeks and see how that works. Either way, I am proceeding, as the positive subjective benefits that I had last time on TRT are returning since stopping the clomid restart attempt.
Try a different product. The oil, the type of Test used, and the way it was processed can all contribute to odd issues. I eliminated most issues just by changing brands.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me