Dispensing Testosterone: Has the law changed?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigJohn

I'm in Southern California and today went to pick up my Testosterone from the pharmacy and I was told the law has changed and they can only dispense 1 month at a time. I usually get 3.The pharmacist could not tell me when the law changed. Has anyone heard of this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I live in Canada and recently had a new script written out by my urologist for one 5ml vial 200mg/ml of Delatestryl and there is 5 repeats on the script but I can only get one new vial at a time every 4 weeks minimum as I am on 75mg every 3.5 days ( 150mg/week ) so one vial lasts 6 weeks with a smidgen left over in the vial.

stevep

I get my Test E at a military installation in AL (military retiree) and was told legally I am only suppose to receive a 30 day supply at one time by law because it is a controlled substance. They only issue Test E in 5mL vials. As they said, they have no other option (which I'm grateful for).

I haven't checked into it since it worked out for me.

With my dosage my vial last me 8 weeks.

ratbag

I'm in Canada and I was told only one month supply at a time... but then I switched to a compounding pharmacy 50 miles away and they purolator it to me no-charge and give me 3 months at a time. When I asked how they can do this the pharmacist owner replied every pharmacy wants you in there once a month so you buy more stuff. The is no law here saying this except for local pharmacy hype. Not sure about the USA

I typically see a 56 days supply as going around the US. In the end a 30 day supply (give or take) they're not going to give you 90 days and let you walk out the door, controlled substance, potential for abuse, or resale. You have to think of it like that.

Virginian

I last filled my Test Rx about 2 months ago. They gave me a 3-month supply. But perhaps the law has changed since then. I'll find out soon.

My prescription was for a 10-ml vial. My insurance would allow me only 6 1-ml vials for 3 months. I got a 10-ml vial by paying for it myself without insurance. It wasn't that much more expensive per ml.

j4ever

maybe I got lucky, I picked up a 10ml about 2 weeks ago, are the 1ml vials multi dose or do you have to break off the top?

Last edited:

johnt

Do you get more waste with 1ML vials or just a cost issue? I have my first appointment with doc next week to discuss TRT. They said they can provide T to me through their recommended pharmacy or they can write me script so I can use pharmacy of my choice. Looked up pricing on my RX plan and they provide (6) 1ML Vials, which they estimate is for 84 days and it would cost me $21.00. Any negatives about these 1ML vials?

I live in Colorado and have a script for 5 refills(6 months) but my Pharmacist will only give me 1 months worth at a time. I am paying out of pocket no insurance coverage.

madman

Super Moderator
maybe I got lucky, I picked up a 10ml about 2 weeks ago, are the 1ml vials multi dose or do you have to break off the top?

Ampules need the tops broken off not vials. Some European countries shun multi-dose vials unsanitary in their eyes.

Do you get more waste with 1ML vials or just a cost issue? I have my first appointment with doc next week to discuss TRT. They said they can provide T to me through their recommended pharmacy or they can write me script so I can use pharmacy of my choice. Looked up pricing on my RX plan and they provide (6) 1ML Vials, which they estimate is for 84 days and it would cost me $21.00. Any negatives about these 1ML vials?

The product is the same the packaging has no bearing on what you'll receive.

DaveK22

I'm in NY. My Dr calls in "200mg per week test cyp for 90 days" to CVS. They give me (12) 200mg 1mil vials. That 3 months worth & $20 co-pay. Because it's a controlled substance, there are never any refills so the Dr office has to submit the renewal electronically (new law in NY since last year).

I currently use only 100mg per week so it's really a 6 month supply for me.

tuthill

I'm in Southern California and today went to pick up my Testosterone from the pharmacy and I was told the law has changed and they can only dispense 1 month at a time. I usually get 3.The pharmacist could not tell me when the law changed. Has anyone heard of this?

I'm in Canada and requested 2 Androgel refills as I'm going away. The Costco pharmacist had to fax my physician for approval. This is not the case for my other prescribed medications.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me