Started TRT - Now What?

Buy Lab Tests Online

HanksterAce

We all have our reasons for starting TRT, but what are our reasons for simply maintaining it at a minimal level? I know this sounds absurd, but now that I've started again I want to take it farther.

I just turned 60 and have fought high estrogen since puberty. Fatty breast tissue and a predisposition for lower belly fat under my naval.

I was on Nebido for 4 years (2012-2016) where it increased my testosterone and libido. However, it did nothing for controlling my high estrogen (last test was 88) and my testes and scrotum practically disappeared. Even with exercise I still struggle with breast and belly fat. When I returned to the US, Nebido was unavailable and I ultimately quit TRT for a year.

I found ExcelMale.com online and decided to restarted my TRT through Defy. They prescribed Test C(200mg/week), HCG (35 ml/3x weekly) anastrozole (3x weekly) and DHEA daily before bedtime, along with fish oil and CoQ10.

I do feel better after 6 weeks and have been lifting weights 3x a week for about an hour each session since starting with Defy. I know this is a slow process but I've not seen or felt any difference in my body and I feel it might be the same as when I was on Nebido. Sure - energy and libido improved but I'm motivated to take this to the next step and finally get the body I've always wanted, minus reasonable expectations due to my age. I want to be OPTIMIZED.

My concern is that the protocol I've been prescribed is for minimal hormonal balancing only. Don't want to waste 4 more years like I did on Nebido. Now that I have decided to get into a better physique, I don't know what or how much more is needed to optimize.

I was reading that a cycle stack of Test C / Anavar / Primobolan would do wonders to help me get kick started. Is this something my doctor could prescribe or is this something done strictly by bodybuilders on their own? If so, what can the doctor prescribe to help me optimize?

Thanks, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who wants to take it up a notch and get optimized.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Defy will get you optimized, Defy will not do any of that other stuff you refer to. You might have better luck at sites like TNation if you want to talk steroid cycles as we don't do that here.

HanksterAce

The problem is, I don't know enough to know that I don't know enough never having gone this route before. What does prescribed optimization include, higher dose of testosterone?

Also, I noticed since lifting weights there distinct peaks and valleys. I assume testosterone is consumed faster when lifting.

Hi HanksterAce, First congrats to making it to 60 and still wanting to improve yourself.

For a bit of inspiration I'd look thru this post from MountainMan.

From what I have been reading and researching on this forum I don't think Defy has put you on some generic hormonal balancing program.
I would also not mess with your prescribed protocal the good doctors at Defy has put you on.

Remember we are a bit older and things take time. Get a few blood tests under your belt and give Defy a chance.
It must drive the doc's who read this forum crazy when they read about all the protocal changes patents are doing to their diagnosis and treatments.

Good luck my friend from another who made it past 60 and still gives a dam about how he feels and looks.

That's an oddly high dose of weekly CYP for a Defy protocol with AI use through right in there, too. But let me say again, what you're stating that you're after isn't to be found here. This is a health site, it's therapy, it's restoration of physiological levels of hormones, not steroids or anything to do with steroids and cycles.

HanksterAce

Thanks, FeelingLost. I have my second blood test and telephone appointment in 4 weeks with Defy Medical. I wouldn't think of changing the protocol until we've had a chance to discuss it. My preference is to always listen to the doctor, but that being said, I'm on a clock now. I'm not talking full blown bodybuilder optimization at my age, but it would be nice to finally have some definition and to get rid of this belly and breast fat.

HanksterAce

Thanks, Vince. Not sure if it helped. Read more like a CYA disclosure. Optimization is health related therapy and physiological levels are dynamic between different people and not a set static number. What I think you're inferring to is the legality of one over the other. But make no mistake, they are related and used together and often interchangeable which legally or not makes the conversation relevant - even on ExcelMale.

Will Brink

My concern is that the protocol I've been prescribed is for minimal hormonal balancing only. Don't want to waste 4 more years like I did on Nebido. Now that I have decided to get into a better physique, I don't know what or how much more is needed to optimize.

Not minimal, but quite comprehensive and leagues better than you'd get with the vast majority of docs out there.

I was reading that a cycle stack of Test C / Anavar / Primobolan would do wonders to help me get kick started. Is this something my doctor could prescribe or is this something done strictly by bodybuilders on their own? If so, what can the doctor prescribe to help me optimize?

Not clear how you're defining optimize here, but the addition of various anabolic steroids would obviously help build muscle and lose fat, but now you're not in TRT but adding additional drugs that can come with their own issues. You also will not get any US doc to write scrips for them and use and possession a crime in the US.

Thanks, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who wants to take it up a notch and get optimized.

Again, not sure how that's being defined, but the protocol you're on is legit TRT/HRT and with good nutrition and training will result in improved physique and general well being and health. Start adding additional anabolics and that may not be the case.

Remember, use of hormones for TRT/HRT is not the same as anabolic steroid stacks for physique enhancement and this forum focused on the former vs the latter.

HanksterAce

Thanks, Will but you're essentially regurgitating the same thing as Vince. My reply to FeelingLost pretty much summed what direction I'm heading in the next 4 weeks, but I do appreciate your input.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me