How To Lower Progesterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jimmyt33

My last bloods came in with Progesterone (<0.25-0.56) 1.87 ng/mL - over triple the higher end of the scale.

I've been searching, and can see that elevated Progesterone messes with things like libido, energy levels, sleep, is a precursor for T and E, erectile function etc.

However, I can't find anything on how to LOWER it, most of the posts and articles I find are just general info and how to INCREASE it.

Does anyone know a specific way to lower it, and to what level is optimal to aim for?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Supplementing Pregnenolone? I would test again before I took some action to change something. Labs screw up all the time. You names some possibly related issues but didn't state a problem that YOU have, besides seeing a number on a test.

Tom Larabee

Also remember that progesterone reference scale was adjusted down recently and according to Dr. Saya is going to reset to a more realistic range for both males and females, so don't go making changes based on these invalid reference ranges

jimmyt33

thanks everyone, for you insights. I had irregularities in a bunch of hormones, including T, E, DHEA, Progesterone, HGH, probably another few I don't remember right now - so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's causing what. And it's all just in the past 3 weeks that I've managed to get some things under control - such as my E from 55 down to 20, and DHEA in more optimal range.

It's mainly my energy levels, sleep, and libido that doesn't seem optimal. I was a terrible sleeper most of my life, but then started sleeping better about 6-8 weeks ago (particularly when I started HGH), then not so great in the past few weeks again. Libido is yo-yoing, almost changing every few days it seems. Same goes with wood - sometimes I'm getting random wood throughout the day, and in the morning, sometimes not at all throughout the day.

So i guess that's why I'm confused, and trying to figure out a plan. The tricky part is because I've come from "global hormonal imbalances", to only now being more in range. When I saw Progesterone so high, and then read that it's related to fatigue, sleep, and libido - seemed like that's where I should be focused.

My T is at 1,077 and my E is at 20 - so I figured at these levels, I should be feeling pretty optimized, but although I feel better - I wouldn't call it "optimized".

CoastWatcher

thanks everyone, for you insights. I had irregularities in a bunch of hormones, including T, E, DHEA, Progesterone, HGH, probably another few I don't remember right now - so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's causing what. And it's all just in the past 3 weeks that I've managed to get some things under control - such as my E from 55 down to 20, and DHEA in more optimal range.

It's mainly my energy levels, sleep, and libido that doesn't seem optimal. I was a terrible sleeper most of my life, but then started sleeping better about 6-8 weeks ago (particularly when I started HGH), then not so great in the past few weeks again. Libido is yo-yoing, almost changing every few days it seems. Same goes with wood - sometimes I'm getting random wood throughout the day, and in the morning, sometimes not at all throughout the day.

So i guess that's why I'm confused, and trying to figure out a plan. The tricky part is because I've come from "global hormonal imbalances", to only now being more in range. When I saw Progesterone so high, and then read that it's related to fatigue, sleep, and libido - seemed like that's where I should be focused.

My T is at 1,077 and my E is at 20 - so I figured at these levels, I should be feeling pretty optimized, but although I feel better - I wouldn't call it "optimized".

Can you post the details of your protocol, how long you've been on it, as well as lab results with ranges? More context provides more focused questions and suggestions. Thanks!

jimmyt33

Can you post the details of your protocol, how long you've been on it, as well as lab results with ranges? More context provides more focused questions and suggestions. Thanks!

thanks CoastWatcher, much appreciated.

So I've been on TRT since October 2016, and HGH since December 2016. Since January 2, 2017 - I've been on a hardcore mission to get in the best shape of my life. After being to hell and back last year (spinal surgery), I want to know how it feels to be in the BEST shape of my life.

Current Stats and Protocol:

Height: 6'1
Weight: 208lbs
TRT: 200mg of Test Cyp, split into 2 doses per week
HGH: 3iu per day, 7 days a week
Ancillaries: Aromasin 12.5mg EOD, and Proviron 50mg ED.
Exercise: Weights 3 x a week, Pilates 2 x a week. Some cycling, skipping, and jogging, but need to increase my cardio - just working around injuries and pains.
Diet: Paleo 90% of the time, only 1 cheat day a week.

HCG increases progesterone. Progesterone is an important neurohormone that improves anxiety and sleep.

TRT reduces pregnenolone and progesterone.

Lee Meyers wrote a good summary on the subject:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Progesterone_Men.aspx

That stuff reads good on paper but I'm waiting for people to come in here with lab verified numbers that show any of this downstream hormonal pathway actually stimulating Prog/Preg/DHEA thru use of HCG. Like I say it reads good on paper but the real world is having trouble substantiating it in that most everyone is supplementing those three to one degree or another, while using HCG. I would rather see less definitive remarks in this regard because real world is proving that it's not happening. For whatever reason it's not happening for the majority of guys.
My own trial with HCG dosing increase from 200iu to 500iu E3.5D resulted in Prog/DHEA/DHT actually being LOWER than previous testing.

CoastWatcher

That stuff reads good on paper but I'm waiting for people to come in here with lab verified numbers that show any of this downstream hormonal pathway actually stimulating Prog/Preg/DHEA thru use of HCG. Like I say it reads good on paper but the real world is having trouble substantiating it in that most everyone is supplementing those three to one degree or another, while using HCG. I would rather see less definitive remarks in this regard because real world is proving that it's not happening. For whatever reason it's not happening for the majority of guys.
My own trial with HCG dosing increase from 200iu to 500iu E3.5D resulted in Prog/DHEA/DHT actually being LOWER than previous testing.

I'd have to say I agree with Vince Carter on this point. HCG never moved a lab value for me, not one.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Guys who do not see a rise in pregnenolone or progesterone when using TRT+ HCG may not be using high enough weekly HCG doses. Doses under 350 IU have also shown not to achieve enough upstream hormone activation. At 500 IU two times per week plus 150 mg T per week I have been able to raise preg and prog from undetectable levels. So have a few of my coaching clients. I may ask them to post their pre and post blood work.

Secretion of Free and Sulfate-Conjugated Neutral Steroids by the Human Testis. Effect of Administration of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin

T. LAATIKAINEN E. A. LAITINEN R. VIHKO

(1971) 32 (1): 59-64. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-32-1-59

Abstract

Blood samples were obtained from the spermatic and peripheral veins of 8 males during an operation for inguinal hernia. Three of the subjects were treated with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) before collection of the samples. Neutral steroids in the fractions of free, mono- and disulfated compounds were identified and quantified, using gas-liquid chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. In addition to testosterone, androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone, the following unconjugated neutral steroids were found to be secreted by the normal human testis: 5-androstene-3&#946;,17&#945;-diol, 5-androstene-3&#946;,17&#946;-diol, pregnenolone, 17&#945;-hydroxypregnenolone and 17&#945;-hydroxyprogesterone. In subjects treated with HCG, the concentrations of all these steroids in spermatic vein plasma were considerably higher than in untreated subjects. In addition, considerable amounts of monosulfated pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone and 5-androstene-3&#946;,17&#946;-diol were found to be secreted by the testis in these conditions, whereas the secretion of testosterone sulfate remained unchanged. It is evident that HCG stimulates not only the secretion of unconjugated steroids but also that of certain sulfate-conjugated neutral steroids, which possibly serve as precursors of testosterone in the testis. Testosterone is excreted almost exclusively as the free steroid even in these conditions.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
TRT + high dose HCG (6000 IU)

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin and Testicular Function: Stimulation of Testosterone, Testosterone Precursors, and Sperm Production Despite High Estradiol Levels*

Alvin M. Matsumoto C. Alvin Paulsen Bill R. Hopper Robert W. Rebar William J. Bremner
(1983) 56 (4): 720-728. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-56-4-720
Published: 01 April 1983 Article history

Excessive gonadotropin stimulation of the testis induced by the administration of high doses of hCG or LH markedly decreases testicular function in experimental animals. The adverse effects of supraphysiological gonadotropin stimulation are thought to be mediated, in part, by the very high levels of estradiol produced. We administered a supraphysiological dosage of hCG together with exogenous testosterone (T) to normal men for several months. The combination of these agents produced very high serum estradiol (E2) levels and (we assume) high intratesticular E2 levels. In this setting of supraphysiological gonadotropin stimulation and high E2 levels, we examined serum levels of T, the δ4 and δ5 steroid precursors of T, and sperm production. After a 3-month control period, five normal men received T enthanate (T; 200 mg, im, weekly) for 3–5 months. Then, while T was continued in the same dosage, all subjects were given hCG (5000 IU, im, three times weekly) for an additional 4–6 months. Serum E2 levels during hCG plus T treatment increased to a mean (±SEM) of 158 ± 16 pg/ml.

Despite the very high E2 levels generated by this prolonged administration of hCG and T, hCG stimulated a mean increase of 5.1 ng/ml in the total T level and 0.18 ng/ml in the free T level over those found during T administration alone. These increments in T levels approximate normal blood T levels in man. Significant changes in serum levels of δ4 steroid precursors of T biosynthesis occurred during the study. Serum progesterone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone levels fell significantly with gonadotropic suppression induced by T administration alone and then increased significantly with hCG stimulation. In contrast to the changes seen in serum levels of δ4 precursors, there were no significant changes in levels of δ5 steroid precursors of T biosynthesis. An increased ratio of 17-hydroxyprogesterone to T during hCG administration was the only suggestion of an E2-induced block in steroid synthesis. hCG also significantly stimulated sperm production, as assessed by sperm concentration, motilities, and morphologies, in spite of the very high serum E2 levels; the mean sperm concentration increased from 1.0 ± 1.0 million/cc during T administration alone to 46 ± 16 million/cc during hCG plus T treatment. We conclude that chronic administration of supraphysiological dosages of hCG can stimulate testicular function in man, despite very high E2 levels, and that hCG in these dosages does not lead to severe testicular regression in man. Perhaps a higher dosage of hCG administered to men would replicate the severe testicular suppression reported in experimental animals. (J Clin Endocrinol Metab56: 720, 1983)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me