Whole blood vs. Double Red Blood Cell donations

Buy Lab Tests Online
Does anyone know if a double RBC will lower HCT? I've been doing whole blood...it's quick and easy, but have become more interested in a double RBC as my RBC is always at or just above the lab range, concurrently with my HCT >52 (for instance). I understand DRBC uses a smaller needle but takes about 30-45minutes, but can only be done every 16 weeks or 112 days because they count it as a double (duh) donation.

Im more concerned that in the 16 weeks my HCT, if not reduced during a DRBC, would go way over, let's say >55.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca Bonetti

Vince I personally wouldn't do double RBC and just go with whole blood, I don't trust that machine recirculating blood back in, lots of people got blood clot from it, google : donating plasma or RBC

Vince

Super Moderator
Before I started TRT, I would do double blood cell donations. But it always cause my iron to drop very low, sometimes to a point where I could not donate any blood,

My iron and Ferritin are already crap but I don't appear to be affected by it. Last time I ran a course of 62mg elemental iron each day my HGB (atleast) skyrocketed to almost 19 before my next donation, my Ferritin barely budged upward and my serum iron raised only a fraction. I eat plenty of red meat, cook on cast iron...it's a funny little thing about me...Dr Saya advised only using Vit C to help with absorption and dropping the supplemental iron.

madman

Super Moderator
My iron and Ferritin are already crap but I don't appear to be affected by it. Last time I ran a course of 62mg elemental iron each day my HGB (atleast) skyrocketed to almost 19 before my next donation, my Ferritin barely budged upward and my serum iron raised only a fraction. I eat plenty of red meat, cook on cast iron...it's a funny little thing about me...Dr Saya advised only using Vit C to help with absorption and dropping the supplemental iron.

Do you have any health issues related to iron malabsorption? As far as adding vitamin c it should not make too much of a difference if you are mainly consuming heme-iron as to oppose non-heme iron in your diet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4744319/

Like I said...I don't seem to "miss it", if that's a thing...having supplemented it it didn't "do" anything for me. I wasn't trying to get in to an iron discussion just HCT primarily.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me