Newbie: First TRT IM Today - Thigh

Buy Lab Tests Online

psaufan

Okay, I am doing my first IM into my thigh today. Any tips on location? Using a 25 gauge 1"...assuming that is okay.

If I chicken out, my wife is willing to stick me in the glutes, but she has never done before. Either way, a but apprehensive here...Ha!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CSI007

25 Gauge is pretty big as is 1". Can you do an insulin needed instead? It will make the job for you a lot easier and less stressful.

In any case, grab your skin and pull up. Then inject the needle into the pulled up skin at a 45 degree angle. Inject the T slowly don't force it in. I usually take about 20 seconds or so for 25mg.

Once you do it a couple of times it not bad at all.

psaufan

25 Gauge is pretty big as is 1". Can you do an insulin needed instead? It will make the job for you a lot easier and less stressful.

In any case, grab your skin and pull up. Then inject the needle into the pulled up skin at a 45 degree angle. Inject the T slowly don't force it in. I usually take about 20 seconds or so for 25mg.

Once you do it a couple of times it not bad at all.

This is my first week on TRT injections...I am converting over from pellets. These first four injections are a blend with some oil in them. They have a color much like a mildly dark beer.

I do have some 27 gauge 1/2 needles they gave me for the HCG. Would those work and do they go deep enough for an IM in the thigh?

CSI007

I can't answer with complete confidence since I do sub-q shots. But I have read here that some guys are doing shallow IM with 27 or 29 gauge 1/2" syringes.

I also think that if you are doing IM you need to go straight down at a 90 degree angle but again not 100% certain.

LOL, a lot of help I have been huh?

finkelet

Long time paramedic here. To inject IM it is a 90 degree injection don't pull or mess with thie skin, just insert the needle. Classically 1in is a standard IM needle.

SubQ is as CSI007 states. Pinch the skin 45 degree angle.

Many of us here use a shallow IM for our test. All test is oil based. Like many other I use a 27g 1/2 in easy touch insulin needle for my test. I also use a 30G Insulin needle for my HCG which I also use a shallow IM. I deliver them (both shots) to my shoulders and thighs rotating sites. Last shit was right thigh both Injectiins.

Works great. Very close to painless. The only thing is it takes 30 sec or so to tray up my test. But it's worth it for the comfort.

CoastWatcher

Long time paramedic here. To inject IM it is a 90 degree injection don't pull or mess with thie skin, just insert the needle. Classically 1in is a standard IM needle.

Many of us here use a shallow IM for our test. All test is oil based. Like many other I use a 27g 1/2 in easy touch insulin needle for my test. I also use a 30G Insulin needle for my HCG which I also use a shallow IM. I deliver them (both shots) to my shoulders and thighs rotating sites. Last shit was right thigh both Injectiins.

Works great. Very close to painless. The only thing is it takes 30 sec or so to tray up my test. But it's worth it for the comfort.

Thanks for a nice, clean description of injection techniques.

Leesto

This is my first week on TRT injections...I am converting over from pellets. These first four injections are a blend with some oil in them. They have a color much like a mildly dark beer.

I do have some 27 gauge 1/2 needles they gave me for the HCG. Would those work and do they go deep enough for an IM in the thigh?

I use 27 ga 1/2" for shallow IM in the quads and never had a problem. If you are not obese then there is not much tissue covering the muscle in that area. Go in at 90 degrees. Just stick it right in. If you try to go slow you'll have more chance of discomfort.

Oh, and relax the muscle before injecting. If you are standing, unweight that leg. I always sit with my legs dangling or just barely on the floor. No tension in the muscle is good. Tension in the muscle can also contribute to tension in your mind.

madman

Super Moderator

Sub-q can be 45 or 90 degree depending on how much body fat you have.

zojo360

Agree with everyone. If your relatively lean, you can go to your local drugstore, ask for 27-29 gauge 12.7mm insulin needles and inject with ease into your quads and or delts. Don't worry about the subq shots for now and stick with IM. You can opt for those later if you choose after you do your research. Take your time but practice makes perfect. A little patience will be needed drawing the test yet injecting is quick, painless and dosages can be measured very accurately with no waste compared to the 3ml syringe/luer lock with those huge reservoirs. Also, to help ensure your getting at least shallow IM with 12.7mm pins, it helps to push against the muscle a little somewhat creating a concave, imo.

finkelet

Sub-q can be 45 or 90 degree depending on how much body fat you have.

It definitely can. And IM can be fine at any angle too depending on your fat mass and needle length. My description is based on accepted clinical techniques as a licensed paramedic and college instructor. In reality your angle doesn't have to be precise. These techniques are they to provide the best chance of delivering the medicine in the desired route regardless of your fat layer thickness.

psaufan

Well, I had the wife inject into my glutes. 25g...1"...3L syringe. Didn't feel a thing, so she did a good job.

I need to administer myself into the thigh next time...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me