Testosterone Deficiency and Treatment – the FACTS

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

"Testosterone Deficiency and Treatment – the FACTS" By BrinkZone.com contributor Monica Mollica

Testosterone deficiency and treatment is a very misunderstood and controversial topic among scientists, regulatory agencies (such as the FDA and EMA) and doctors, as well as the popular media.

An international expert consensus conference about testosterone deficiency and its treatment was held in Prague, sponsored by King's College London and the International Society for the Study of the Aging Male (ISSAM). The impetus for this meeting was to address the widespread misinformation and confusion about testosterone deficiency and testosterone therapy

The ultimate goal of this consensus conference was to document what is true or untrue about testosterone deficiency and testosterone therapy, to the best degree possible based on existing scientific and clinical evidence.

There were 18 experts from 11 countries on 4 continents. Specialties included urology, endocrinology, internal medicine, diabetology, and basic science research. Experts were invited on the basis of extensive clinical experience with testosterone deficiency and its treatment and/or research experience.

The final consensus on several key issues related to testosterone therapy was published in the form of 9 resolutions – i.e. facts – coupled with expert comments [2], which I summarize here….

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/anti-aging-and-hrt/testosterone-deficiency-and-treatment-the-facts/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

Maybe the facts should come from the patients, not the so-called experts.:rolleyes:

The patients are n = 1 subjective and anecdotal, so a balance of symptomology (patient feedback) and the "hard" data is the best balance struck in my view. One can go too far in either direction, either ignoring the science and going on feels alone, or only the science and treating people like a lab number while ignoring how they actually feel. "Experts" have their place. :cool:

JakeH

The patients are n = 1 subjective and anecdotal, so a balance of symptomology (patient feedback) and the "hard" data is the best balance struck in my view. One can go too far in either direction, either ignoring the science and going on feels alone, or only the science and treating people like a lab number while ignoring how they actually feel. "Experts" have their place. :cool:

I agree. I thought the article portrayed a consensus among this group that low T and its associated symptoms should be recognized and addressed as appropriate, because it is beneficial and therapeutic. Thanks for posting.

Will Brink

I agree. I thought the article portrayed a consensus among this group that low T and its associated symptoms should be recognized and addressed as appropriate, because it is beneficial and therapeutic. Thanks for posting.

Indeed! It's a good summary by Monica M.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me