New Member - Hello - and HUGE props to Nelson of course

Buy Lab Tests Online

ZizshitWork

Hey there guys,
Been 'lurking' on the site for some time, got off my ass to join. Didn't want to be 'that guy' of not reading FAQ's and using the Search feature. Some times I think I must suck using Search as often I get stuff completely unrelated, but I'll stick with it. Been on TRT since about spring/summer 2016, was on Androgel first few months (T went DOWN!), got switched to test. cyp. of 200 every two weeks (low's sucked, no high's), been on 100 every week since Sept. Still amazed by guys with vast overall improvements days/weeks or couple months after starting their TRT, I haven't experienced that at all. Maybe some day.
Gonna stick with the 'Search', but for now I remain a little confused on one thing, 'when' to run the bloodwork after an injection. When I was full-dose every-2-weeks I'd do labs morning of 7th day before injection. When I began 1/2 dose once-per-week I STILL did it on the 7th day because of the "1/2" amount and the half life. Best I got was 596, and neither Primary nor Urologist was checking E2. So, I opted for an Endo who told me if I was injecting on a Fri that I should do my labs on Mon or no later than a Tues. That seemed incorrect as it would appear the T would be at or near peak at that point. And she's telling me I DON'T want to see it at the 7-day mark which would be lowest. Did it her way at 4-days-after and saw over 800, so where are 'all the benefits' I hear about was my thought. At least SHE ran the E2 on my insistence, was high at 71 but I don't recall if it was extra-sensitive test. I'm sure by the end of 2017 I'll have some results like I read here on the forum.
So back to 'Search', I'll do my homework, I just think I could be better at it.
It's a pleasure to join the community. I hope I can be a productive part of it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Welcome and good for joining.

You post is a bit difficult to read but let me try to help on a few things.

If you're injecting 100 mg per week with one injection weekly you want to get tested at your lowest level and that would be the of or the day before your next injection.

If you're injecting twice a week, it makes no difference when you get tested as you serum levels are stable.

The benefits of TRT is different for all men; some see drastic changes others only very minor...not unusual at all.

Love to see your bloodwork if you have it.

Are you taking HCG?

Are your estrogen levels in check?

Post your labs if you have them.

ZizshitWork

Hey there Gene, thanks for taking a moment to reply with your thoughts.

Yes, injecting 100mg per week. I too felt I should have been doing blood work at the lowest point. So, I'm injecting on Friday's and my blood work should be done the morning of my next Friday's injection. That's what I originally thought. My Endo IS wrong after all.

Makes sense benefits being different for all men. Doubt I'll be one who sees 'drastic', barely seeing 'very minor', but I may simply be one of those where it takes a much longer time. I'll hang in there of course.

Have new scanner on the way, I'll be able to post bloodwork soon.

Not taking HCG, so far no Doc even willing to TALK about it.

E2 was finally checked, it was 71 (high). However, I don't know if it was the "extra sensitive" test.

Thanks again for the input!

CoastWatcher

Hey there Gene, thanks for taking a moment to reply with your thoughts.

Yes, injecting 100mg per week. I too felt I should have been doing blood work at the lowest point. So, I'm injecting on Friday's and my blood work should be done the morning of my next Friday's injection. That's what I originally thought. My Endo IS wrong after all.

Makes sense benefits being different for all men. Doubt I'll be one who sees 'drastic', barely seeing 'very minor', but I may simply be one of those where it takes a much longer time. I'll hang in there of course.

Have new scanner on the way, I'll be able to post bloodwork soon.

Not taking HCG, so far no Doc even willing to TALK about it.

E2 was finally checked, it was 71 (high). However, I don't know if it was the "extra sensitive" test.

Thanks again for the input!

If you have your lab results, take a look at the estradiol report. The words sensitive or ultra-sensitive should be appended to the value. If not...wrong test.

ZizshitWork

I don't see an appended note per se, however, in a comment area below one of the sections appears to give instructions to order a Sensitive test if anticipating patients with low estradial i.e. hypogonadal males.
Estradial portion of labwork.jpg Reading THAT, my interpretation is the extra sensitive test was not utilized.

I'm feeling that my tests need to be rerun once again. Wrong E2 test, given incorrect time (4 vs 7 days) to have blood drawn, etc. I empathize with other members having difficulties finding a properly informed Dr. to effectively address and administer TRT.

Thanks for you input!

CoastWatcher

I don't see an appended note per se, however, in a comment area below one of the sections appears to give instructions to order a Sensitive test if anticipating patients with low estradial i.e. hypogonadal males.
View attachment 3268 Reading THAT, my interpretation is the extra sensitive test was not utilized.

I'm feeling that my tests need to be rerun once again. Wrong E2 test, given incorrect time (4 vs 7 days) to have blood drawn, etc. I empathize with other members having difficulties finding a properly informed Dr. to effectively address and administer TRT.

Thanks for you input!

You are joining a long line of members here who have been frustrated by less than first-rate medical care. It can get better...hang in there.

ZizshitWork

"You are joining a long line of members here who have been frustrated by less than first-rate medical care.<So I've seen during my 'searches'. The openness of the members here sure seem to help bring down the frustration.> It can get better...hang in there. <definitely have to!>"

Finally able to print my lab work. I'll post them here. Guessing I should throw them over to the Lab Work Discussions thread though. Didn't want to leave this thread hanging for those who've been kind enough to read & reply.

(hope I attached lab work correctly. brain fog I guess!)

Attachments

• LabCopyExcel.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 81
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com