3 month TRT labs!! Questions about TRT and heart issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online

crazyhaha

Hello everyone. I'm 41 and started TRT with Defy (Thanks Dr. Saya!) 11/7/2016. Here is the protocol:
70 mg Testosterone Cypionate (every 3.5 days)
350 IU HCG (every 3.5 days)
25 mg DHEA (2x day)

I have been feeling better with the TRT, especially the last month. Unfortunately, I just spent 4 days in the hospital with pericarditis (or more accurately perimyocarditis since I had heart muscle damage). It was most likely caused by a viral infection and I had the same thing happen 10 years ago after a documented norovirus outbreak. Anyway. I'm a bit concerned about any heart related effects from DHEA, HCG, etc. I have done some looking, but haven't found much.

So, here are my labs. T is up to 655 from 209!!! DHEA is low, but I had stopped taking it after the heart trouble. Looks like I'll need to stay on it.

TSH is 5.8 (highest I've ever had it) and I wonder if this could be from the infection.
ALT (liver enzyme) is elevated, so not sure what that is about.

Here are the labs. I have a follow up on 4/7...so any advice about questions are greatly appreciated. Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S

[TD="class: ccrCol1"][/TD]
[TD="class: ccrCol2"]

[/TD]

Dhea-Sulfate

[/TD]

Tsh

[/TD]

Thyroid Peroxidase (Tpo) Ab

[/TD]

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum

[/TD]

Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum

[/TD]

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum

[/TD]

Cbc/Diff Ambiguous Default

[/TD]

Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)

[/TD]

Lipid Panel

[/TD]

Testosterone,Free And Total

[/TD]

Estradiol, Sensitive

[/TD]

Cardiovascular Report

[/TD]

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Have you advised Dr. Saya and the medical staff at Defy that you experienced this cardiac situation? If not, please do. In fact, I'd ask Melissa, the PA on the team, to give you a quick call back in regard to all that has happened.

When was blood drawn relative to your injection?

Crazyhaha - glad you're on the mend after your bout with perimyocarditis!

There is no known link between TRT and pericarditis or perimyocarditis that I am aware of. Most common causes are infectious (including viral), autoimmune (lupus, rheumatoid), chest injury, or certain medications (not TRT related). Wouldn't worry too much about the TSH given that the FT3, FT4, and antibodies look good. Can check a reverse T3 with next round of labs. Glad you're feeling better.

crazyhaha

Thanks Dr. Saya! Good to know about the TRT and pericarditis, and the TSH. The cardiologist approved me to start light exercise, so I am on the right track.

Coast watcher, I got the blood draw Monday morning before my normal Monday morning injection. I read on here that was the best time to test, before an injection was due.

CoastWatcher

Thanks Dr. Saya! Good to know about the TRT and pericarditis, and the TSH. The cardiologist approved me to start light exercise, so I am on the right track.

Coast watcher, I got the blood draw Monday morning before my normal Monday morning injection. I read on here that was the best time to test, before an injection was due.

You are absolutely right in regard to injections and bloodwork. All the best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me