Is Dhea Making Me Lose Fat?

Buy Lab Tests Online

warrior1

question, having been along time TRT user and trainer for a living. here is my situation, 56yrs. training for 26yrs, great TRT routine 10yrs, 100mg every 5 days, HCG 250@ 3 days. bloodwork yearly consistent 600-700 levels.
Recently started DHEA 50mgs daily, (only thing Ive changed) unexplained weight/fat loss? 4lbs
Diet same, training same, work same, stress same. thoughts?
could DHEA make that difference added to a TRT rountine?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I've never heard of weight loss with dhea, but I do supplements with it. I try to keep my levels in the normal range, some will convert into estradiol. It could be better E2 levels, helping with weight loss.

question, having been along time TRT user and trainer for a living. here is my situation, 56yrs. training for 26yrs, great TRT routine 10yrs, 100mg every 5 days, HCG 250@ 3 days. bloodwork yearly consistent 600-700 levels.
Recently started DHEA 50mgs daily, (only thing Ive changed) unexplained weight/fat loss? 4lbs
Diet same, training same, work same, stress same. thoughts?
could DHEA make that difference added to a TRT rountine?

I always though when your DHEA measures low in your bloodwork it is because your cortisol is high and that is the real problem, lower your cortisol.
I have also read if you take DHEA for too long you could end up having to take it forever. That your brain might quit making it all together and possibly other harmones and might not start back up when you stop.
Even though you can buy DHEA over the counter in the US I would never take it without my Doc's instructions.

If you'd like a good read and scare do a google search for dhea for dummies dr J blog.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Warrior, it's speculation, BUT, possibly the addition of DHEA helped balance out the adrenals, which would improve cortisol production (???). If so, especially if AM cortisol improved, it could contribute to better thyroid productivity, which would improve metabolism, ATP, ... etc. Again, just speculating down the chain with how all of this can interact.

warrior are you still taking the DHEA 50mgs daily? Have you noticed any sinus/nasal congestion?
After reading Gene's thread I decided to try 50mgs every other day until I can get my new bloodwork March 3rd.

Basicly I have become a mouth breather. Even trying an overthecounter sinus spray offers temp relief of ~5 minutes.
This is a problem for me because I don't exersize at a gym I ride a mtn bike and or stationary bike in bad weather. One needs to has unhampered breathing for extended periods of time.

Vince

Super Moderator
warrior are you still taking the DHEA 50mgs daily? Have you noticed any sinus/nasal congestion?
After reading Gene's thread I decided to try 50mgs every other day until I can get my new bloodwork March 3rd.

Basicly I have become a mouth breather. Even trying an overthecounter sinus spray offers temp relief of ~5 minutes.
This is a problem for me because I don't exersize at a gym I ride a mtn bike and or stationary bike in bad weather. One needs to has unhampered breathing for extended periods of time.

I wouldn't supplement with DHEA, unless your labs show low levels. It will increase your E2.

I wouldn't supplement with DHEA, unless your labs show low levels. It will increase your E2.

Thanks Vince. I think I will stop until I get the results of my March 3rd bloodwork back in a week or so.
The last thing I need to do is mess around with supplements and Magic Potions jacking up my blood work.

Bigsho

When I began taking DHEA (bloods were low) 25 mg 2x daily 1 in morning 1 at lunch I noticed a big increase in strength and libido went through the roof. I have taken 50mg at night when I forgot to take daytime dose and never noticed sleep issues.

@LTChris on my DHEA bottle the instructions say 1 tablet per day in the AM.
I have not had any trouble falling a sleep or staying a sleep other than not being able to breath from my nose.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me