My first year experiences

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bishop

Just wanted to share what I experienced through my first year of TRT as I thought some may find it interesting or helpful.

I started with an initial total test that hovered between 250 and 350 from my early 20s to 40 when I decided to start.

I started with 200mg a week from my doctor. Injected subq/shallow muscle twice a week 100mg each time.

I rotated injection spots between glutes, thighs, and shoulder.

Initial blood test was about 1100 at peak and 800 in the trough.

Continued this and second blood test had me at about 1600 peak and 1200 in the trough so we went to every 4 days same dosage.

During this time I experienced a good amount of testicular shrinkage and my sperm turned clear.

Next blood test still showed 1100 in the trough so we went to 90mg every 4 days. Once again my level was still steady at 1100 the day before my next injection.

So, at this point I've experienced a fair amount of fat loss and some muscle gain combined with strength training and cleaning up my diet. All blood levels have stayed in a good range and the main side effects were some acne, a lot of body hair growth, and strangely a much thicker beard.

A main thing of note is that I felt better in the trough than I did after my injections so based on that fact we have lowered it again to 70mg every 4 days.

At this level I feel much better all the time. My testicles have regained most of their size and my sperm is no longer clear but totally white.

I don't have a blood test yet at this level to know where my Testosterone is in the trough but from the symptoms this seems to be much closer to my perfect level.

It is without question true that more is definitely not always better because I fee much much better on a lower dosage. Better libido, better energy, and better mood.

I never needed an estrogen control throughout the treatment.

Hope that helps some people just getting started.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bishop

I also wanted to note that in addition to the results above my chronic palpitations (benign) have reduced by about 95%. I also experienced an almost total stoppage of my panic disorder.

If those were the only benefits I received I would do it again no question.

CSI007

Bishop,
The one commonality I see on this and other forums is doctors prescribing way to much T at the start of treatment. It's a shame that they don't start patients out on a low dose then increase as needed. Seems like a much more productive and safe way to approach treatment.

Glad you are feeling good now!

Bishop

True. It was partially my fault because I had some friends who recommended that level and my doc said that was the high end but we could start there and see the results.

I found it interesting that it took about 5-6 months to continue building up to the point where I was way over the limit.

Like I said first 3 month bloodwork he was thrilled at 1100 and 800. But then it just kept climbing. My feel great level seems to be around 800-1000 total.

madman

Super Moderator
That's great man! Many doctors seem to start patients off at 200mg/week when starting trt which I always felt is way too high as eventually levels whether peak/trough end up being too high above the top range of physiological levels and eventually many start to encounter side effects related to high estrogen, dht, elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin, lipid issues. Many always feel more is better when in reality the body will function best being at healthy levels. If doctors would start patients low and go slow in the long run it would be easier to tackle forth coming issues. Sure maybe strength/muscle/recovery gains will be better when one attains supra-physiological levels which is always tempting for many of us but overall health/state of well being is of far greater importance. I am just going into my 9th week on trt and for the first 6 weeks started out at 100mg/week sub-q and slowly noticed minor improvements in my mood/energy/libido/recovery/mild strength gains but at once weekly injections I would feel good for the first 2-3 days than felt like I was crashing so a few weeks ago just recently switched to 50mg every 3.5 days and already feel more stable through the week. Mind you I just recently had blood work done and after 6 weeks at 100mg/week my trough morning before next weekly injection was only 16.7 nmol/L ( 480 ng/dL ) still fairly low. My uro wants me to increase my dose to 150mg/week which I will split into 75mg every 3.5 days even though I would prefer to only jump up to 120mg/week. I will start at this dosage this week. My uro and I are hoping that we can get my trough in the upper 20s nmol/L as he feels being in the upper range is better. I am nervous about increasing the dose and hope everything works out ok! Thanks for your insight, all the best to you!

Bishop

Hey madman! Thanks for the response and I think you are doing it the smart way. Twice a week was DEFINITELY better for me than once a week. I really don't even notice a decline before my next shot. I even had to set up reminders in my phone and I'm usually surprised it's already time for the next shot.

150 is a big jump but at your levels now probably not unreasonable but if you are uncomfortable then why rush it? Go to 120 and see how you are doing.

I know everyone is different but for me when I was hitting 1500-1600 my BP was up. My hematocrit was starting to get to high and I just felt kinda bad in general. I had a constant muscle pump but the rest of it wasn't worth it at all.

It will become pretty apparent when you find your happy place because I can tell you for me much over 1000-1100 total I start to feel bad.

madman

Super Moderator
Hey madman! Thanks for the response and I think you are doing it the smart way. Twice a week was DEFINITELY better for me than once a week. I really don't even notice a decline before my next shot. I even had to set up reminders in my phone and I'm usually surprised it's already time for the next shot.

150 is a big jump but at your levels now probably not unreasonable but if you are uncomfortable then why rush it? Go to 120 and see how you are doing.

I know everyone is different but for me when I was hitting 1500-1600 my BP was up. My hematocrit was starting to get to high and I just felt kinda bad in general. I had a constant muscle pump but the rest of it wasn't worth it at all.

It will become pretty apparent when you find your happy place because I can tell you for me much over 1000-1100 total I start to feel bad.

Mind you if your diet/training are in check you should still see body composition changes being at the top end of the range! Keep us posted how things turn out for you, take care.

I also wanted to note that in addition to the results above my chronic palpitations (benign) have reduced by about 95%. I also experienced an almost total stoppage of my panic disorder.

If those were the only benefits I received I would do it again no question

Thanks Bishop, anxiety, mild panic attacks and mild depression are the only reasons I am on TRT. It is nice to read TRT can help some with that. @63 all the other things a TRT protocal brings is more of side effects to deal with at my age.

Bishop

Thanks Bishop, anxiety, mild panic attacks and mild depression are the only reasons I am on TRT. It is nice to read TRT can help some with that. @63 all the other things a TRT protocal brings is more of side effects to deal with at my age.

Absolutely. I was already on lexapro for mild depression and panic which did help. However, the Testosterone over time has unquestionably changed my mental state for the better.

I tended to be an extreme worrier and over thinker which I think drove some of the depression and also the panic attacks. My thoughts would get into a spiral and feed on itself to the point it would spill over into an all out attack and I would be lying on the floor debating wether to call 911.

On the TRT I have more of a "bring it on" mentality and when I feel the familiar panic symptoms I just keep on and ignore it. Every time I do that it never gets above some accelerated heart rate and and quickened breathing. Also, every time I ignore it becomes easier the next time. I figure in another year it will be gone completely.

I went from having 2-4 full blown attacks a week and I haven't had one in about 9 months at this point.

madman

Super Moderator

If those are the only reasons you are missing out. Improvements in energy/libido/well being/body composition changes which can lead to improved insulin sensitivity/strength and recovery to improve muscle function...............the improvement can be vast if one is monitored on a safe protocol especially having your testosterone levels in a healthy range where you can function optimally physically/mentally.

As far as side effects yes it can cause grief for some but I think that comes down to how good of a protocol you are on and reacting swiftly to any negative encounters one might experience.Do not short change yourself out of fear!

If those are the only reasons you are missing out. Improvements in energy/libido/well being/body composition changes which can lead to improved insulin sensitivity/strength and recovery to improve muscle function...............the improvement can be vast if one is monitored on a safe protocol especially having your testosterone levels in a healthy range where you can function optimally physically/mentally.

As far as side effects yes it can cause grief for some but I think that comes down to how good of a protocol you are on and reacting swiftly to any negative encounters one might experience.Do not short change yourself out of fear!
Hi Madman, I don't want to derail Bishops thread but I will keep an open mind as my TRT progresses. One things forsure I don't want my little head telling my big head what to do. That happened in my 20s and 30's and nothing good came out of it. wink, hehe

CSI007

I have read about that and some of the studies show amazing FBG improvements within months of beginning TRT. Sadly, I have not noticed this effect from it yet. I could use a 20 point drop in FBG and I would be right where I need to be as far asa blood sugar is concerned.

madman

Super Moderator
I have read about that and some of the studies show amazing FBG improvements within months of beginning TRT. Sadly, I have not noticed this effect from it yet. I could use a 20 point drop in FBG and I would be right where I need to be as far asa blood sugar is concerned.

Get your diet/exercise on point and you would be amazed at the results on improving your FBG from losing body fat/increasing muscle.

http://main.poliquingroup.com/Artic...s_that_Improve_Insulin_Sensitivity_Accel.aspx

Are you using carnitine?

http://main.poliquingroup.com/Artic...icle/767/Top_10_Reasons_to_Use_Carnitine.aspx

CSI007

Get your diet/exercise on point and you would be amazed at the results on improving your FBG from losing body fat/increasing muscle.

http://main.poliquingroup.com/Artic...s_that_Improve_Insulin_Sensitivity_Accel.aspx

Are you using carnitine?

http://main.poliquingroup.com/Artic...icle/767/Top_10_Reasons_to_Use_Carnitine.aspx

I have been eating a low carb high fat diet for about 4 years now since i was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. The only missing part of the equation is exercise.

The only thing I take besides HCG and T-cyp is Berberine (start week 3 of 1000mg tomorrow) Oh and Thyroid supplement.

madman

Super Moderator
I have been eating a low carb high fat diet for about 4 years now since i was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. The only missing part of the equation is exercise.

The only thing I take besides HCG and T-cyp is Berberine (start week 3 of 1000mg tomorrow) Oh and Thyroid supplement.

Low carb can be beneficial for some but in the long term can affect thyroid function. Just some thing to think about.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/low-carb-diets

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching