Vitamin D Causing Constipation

Buy Lab Tests Online

boatnerj

Everytime I try any dose of vitamin D I become horribly constipated fr several days after stopping it. Has anyone else experience this problem, or does anyone know what it could be from. Nothing seems to help clear up the problem, not increasing water, fiber, magnesium, etc.

I have seen other people post about this online on random forums, but no one really seems to have a solid scientific explanation.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Too much calcium can cause constipation unless balanced out by enough magnesium. As far as vitamin d specifically being the cause of constipation highly doubtful. Vitamin d does increase the bodies absorption of calcium. I would look into how much calcium are you taking daily whether from food/supplement.

boatnerj

Vitamin D regulates serotonin in the gut and may be the connection your trying to find.

Thanks. Found some studies showing it increases brain serotonin but decreases gut serotonin. Does this just mean I am abnormally low in serotonin to begin with? I guess so, as I have been prone to slow motility for most of my life. Any tips on how I can improve my serotonin status?

So Dr Patrick in this video is saying get your vitamin D lvl tested and adjust accordingly. No mention of issues with bowel motility.
I take 2000 IU of D3 daily mid way thru breakfast and have no bowel issues. That said my lunch is pretty much the same everyday which is a giant bowl of baby spinach. Daily bowel movements at 8AM like clockwork for years.
Hell, I could set my watch, haha

OP I mention this because you haven't talked about your diet. Are you eating things that help with bowel movements?

madman

Super Moderator
Everytime I try any dose of vitamin D I become horribly constipated fr several days after stopping it. Has anyone else experience this problem, or does anyone know what it could be from. Nothing seems to help clear up the problem, not increasing water, fiber, magnesium, etc.

I have seen other people post about this online on random forums, but no one really seems to have a solid scientific explanation.

Buy fresh whole flax seeds and grind them up in a blender at home. Flax seeds are very high in MUCILAGE FIBER which will make your bowels feel as if they were coated with TEFLON you will be spitting brown boats in no time!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me