Daily Injections of Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

lenny

Hi all! First time posting here. I've been lurking on this topic for awhile, and decided to give it a shot, as it were. I started doing daily injections on Monday, Feb 20… I think around the same time Vince started.

I'm doing 20 mg daily. I'm only 11 days into this, but so far I love it. The injections are a breeze, so I've had no problems with compliance, and I feel great. Physically very solid and mentally so much more positive and focused than I was before. Water retention is less bothersome, and erectile function is more consistent. Libido has been slower to catch up, though I have been noticing some improvements there the past couple days. It's still too early to judge, really, so we'll see how it goes.

Most of the time I'm using 31g, 5/16" insulin needles. I do have some 29g 1/2" needles, but the 31g work just as well. Takes a little bit longer to draw, but it's not a big deal. For injection sites, I've been rotating my deltoids and quads. I notice my arms get a bit of leakage each time, just a tiny damp circle around the injection site, while my legs typically don't. Not sure why, but I'm not too worried about the leakage because it's such a tiny amount.

As CW warned, there was a period early on where I felt kind of hypogonadal… about four or five days into it, I think. Strength and stamina were absolute crap, but thankfully that only lasted a couple days. Judging from how good I feel now, I figure I must be well above a therapeutic level, although I reckon it will be another few weeks before my levels stabilize. At six weeks or so, I'll run some tests.

I decided to try this out for similar reasons as CoastWatcher's. I've always had issues with estradiol, and was never able to dial myself in using anastrozole. It was always either too little or too much. I tried twice-weekly injections for a long time, as well, but the e2 problems remained the same. Before I started this daily protocol, I'd been doing 140 mg of t-cyp weekly, using 25g 1" needles in my quads. On that old weekly protocol, total T was 1111 ng/dl and free T was 36 ng/dl (blood drawn one day after injecting), so it'll be interesting to see where I wind up now. E2, unfortunately, was completely tanked at the time thanks to my stupid anastrozole dosage. Never again!

I thank everyone for sharing their experiences here. Switching to insulin needles was a huge game changer for me, and this daily protocol might finally be the answer I've been looking for.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CSI007

Hi all! First time posting here. I've been lurking on this topic for awhile, and decided to give it a shot, as it were. I started doing daily injections on Monday, Feb 20… I think around the same time Vince started.

I'm doing 20 mg daily. I'm only 11 days into this, but so far I love it. The injections are a breeze, so I've had no problems with compliance, and I feel great. Physically very solid and mentally so much more positive and focused than I was before. Water retention is less bothersome, and erectile function is more consistent. Libido has been slower to catch up, though I have been noticing some improvements there the past couple days. It's still too early to judge, really, so we'll see how it goes.

Most of the time I'm using 31g, 5/16" insulin needles. I do have some 29g 1/2" needles, but the 31g work just as well. Takes a little bit longer to draw, but it's not a big deal. For injection sites, I've been rotating my deltoids and quads. I notice my arms get a bit of leakage each time, just a tiny damp circle around the injection site, while my legs typically don't. Not sure why, but I'm not too worried about the leakage because it's such a tiny amount.

As CW warned, there was a period early on where I felt kind of hypogonadal… about four or five days into it, I think. Strength and stamina were absolute crap, but thankfully that only lasted a couple days. Judging from how good I feel now, I figure I must be well above a therapeutic level, although I reckon it will be another few weeks before my levels stabilize. At six weeks or so, I'll run some tests.

I decided to try this out for similar reasons as CoastWatcher's. I've always had issues with estradiol, and was never able to dial myself in using anastrozole. It was always either too little or too much. I tried twice-weekly injections for a long time, as well, but the e2 problems remained the same. Before I started this daily protocol, I'd been doing 140 mg of t-cyp weekly, using 25g 1" needles in my quads. On that old weekly protocol, total T was 1111 ng/dl and free T was 36 ng/dl (blood drawn one day after injecting), so it'll be interesting to see where I wind up now. E2, unfortunately, was completely tanked at the time thanks to my stupid anastrozole dosage. Never again!

I thank everyone for sharing their experiences here. Switching to insulin needles was a huge game changer for me, and this daily protocol might finally be the answer I've been looking for.

What did your labs look like at your trof?

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought I would give an update. I did my 14th day of daily injections. I inject almost immediately after getting up, I still find daily injections easy having no problems. Feeling very good.

CoastWatcher

Any idea as to where your SHBG sits?

lenny

Any idea as to where your SHBG sits?

Yeah, on that most recent blood draw it was 16.7 nmol/l.

That's roughly where it's been the four years I've been on TRT, except for one year (2014) when it fell to 10 and climbed its way back up during the course of the year. No idea why that happened.

Six months before I started TRT it was 20, and shot even higher during the couple months I was on clomid (27-31). My doctor had me try clomid before we started injections, but that's a whole other story.

I'm brand new to injection TRT after converting from longtime use of gels, so I'm still getting dialed in and not looking to make any abrupt changes while in this early phase, but I do have a basic question on these daily injections:

If the half life of Test Cyp is 8 days, and if a patient has been on a protocol with it of every 3.5 days for a "long time", won't the levels of Testosterone in our body's reach a steady state and not have such wide swings? It really seems like it should, and there shouldn't be big peaks and valleys once "steady state" is achieved while on every 3.5 days, so if that's true, I'm not seeing a huge benefit of switching to daily injections. Do some guys, who have been on twice weekly injection TRT for a "long time", really do experience large swings of Testosterone levels, and by going to daily, eliminate those? What about the long half life and steady state of injectable TRT?

Im very new and still learning, so I really don't know the answer, so don't mean to sound like a smart a--. Hearing what others have to say about achieving the long half lives and "steady state", would be good to know.

thanks so much.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm brand new to injection TRT after converting from longtime use of gels, so I'm still getting dialed in and not looking to make any abrupt changes while in this early phase, but I do have a basic question on these daily injections:

If the half life of Test Cyp is 8 days, and if a patient has been on a protocol with it of every 3.5 days for a "long time", won't the levels of Testosterone in our body's reach a steady state and not have such wide swings? It really seems like it should, and there shouldn't be big peaks and valleys once "steady state" is achieved while on every 3.5 days, so if that's true, I'm not seeing a huge benefit of switching to daily injections. Do some guys, who have been on twice weekly injection TRT for a "long time", really do experience large swings of Testosterone levels, and by going to daily, eliminate those? What about the long half life and steady state of injectable TRT?

Im very new and still learning, so I really don't know the answer, so don't mean to sound like a smart a--. Hearing what others have to say about achieving the long half lives and "steady state", would be good to know.

thanks so much.
With my old protocol of injecting 100mg of T every 3 1/2 days, I was told my T levels fluctuate about 300 points.
From my old protocol https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?8533-My-New-LabCorp-Labs

CoastWatcher

thanks so much.

SHBG values and estradiol levels are key drivers for those of us who have adopted a daily protocol. Though mine is by no means the lowest SHBG on the Forum, at 22 it was at the low end of things. My estradiol had climbed and I wished to avoid an AI if at possible. Two weeks of peak and trough readings showed that on an injection schedule of 3.5 days, I was rapidly clearing testosterone - and felt the ups and downs.

After 22 months of daily shots I'm stable as can be, and feel wonderful, on a true steady-state. Estradiol is around 30 and all else is locked in.

codus2112

Interesting thread, I may try this as well (after labs on the 28th of course), as up to this point I felt way better on Androgel than injections.

LTChris

I like the idea of a more steady state. I have been on my current protocol for about 2 months now. (50mg test cyp. e3.5d, 350iu HCG e3.5d, 25mg DHEA daily.) I definately feel better then before. I still have a day or two a week that are terrible. It seems to land on the day before or the day of my injection. I have a consult coming up in a couple of weeks and I will bring up the possibility of daily injections.

How are members handling HCG. Is it more common to inject that daily as well or keep it on the usual E3.5D protocol?

I have recently started Westhroid (1gr. daily) to treat thyroid issues, about 2 weeks ago. I would like to let that play out before changing Test/HCG protocol.

On a side note, Vince, did i read correctly that you drop the HCG when traveling? I have a trip coming up this year to Ireland and am concerned about transport/handling on the trip. Does stopping HCG for a week not cause much issue? I would like not to take it but don't want to ruin my vacation.

Vince

Super Moderator
LTChris, my protocol for HCG is 500iu every 3 1/2 days and when I travel I leave the HCG at home. I never had any issues, skipping HCG when I travel.

bluerage

Is everyone injecting sq when switching to daily injections? I prefer shallow IM on my current schedule but am wondering I would need to switch to sq for the daily shots.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me