Maintaining Muscle Mass and Aging

Buy Lab Tests Online

Donnie Moreland

Staff Writer
muscle-mass.jpg

Aging is inevitable. No one truly wants to accept their own mortality or the loss of their vigor and vitality. Our skin begins to lull, our hair grey's, our motor skills begin to dissipate and the battle to maintain our hormone levels becomes ever so frustrating. For men, the fact that we both, lose sexual vigor and muscle mass, almost simultaneously can be quite depressing. And while the discussion about sexuality is important, let's talk about maintaining that physique that will keep our significant others and peers impressed even when nature begins to take its toll.

Power of Protein

First rule of thumb, the key to physical maintenance doesn't begin in the weight room, it begins in the kitchen. We all can agree that protein deficiency is the number one killer of significant muscle gains, but as we age our bodies may respond differently to that nightly protein shake. The body will require more natural means of muscle retention, so instead of sipping on processed protein concentrates, your body will require some grilled tilapia, broiled chicken breast, unsalted nut, fat-free milk and eggs. In that the male body loses 1 to 2 percent of muscle per year, after the age of 50, the body may require a more substantial intake of proteins simply to retain muscle mass. So be sure to include 90-100 grams of protein daily in your dietary intake.

Stretching

The body will inevitably need more exercise if it is to function optimally as we age. Subsequently, more explosive exercises and heavier weights are needed if we want to maintain our physiques past the age of 50. However, what many will fail to realize is the importance of stretching. Intense stretching sessions of 5 to 10 minutes, before and after a workout will help what is called the fascia, or in layman's terms, the tissue holding muscles in place. By allowing these connected tissues to open, we are exploiting muscle growth by allowing the muscles to expand. While, growth of the muscle may be stagnated by testosterone depletion in later years, the function of the muscles can be protected and improved by simply stretching on consistent bases.

The body is a powerful machine. But, like any powerful contraption, constant care is required to protect it from the greatest enemy it recognizes: Time. Of course, there are more ways to maintain your physique, than those listed here, but the most relevant response is to experiment with ideas. Because experimentation is what built those muscles when we were 17 and experimentation is what will maintain them when we are 71.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Carlos

I started my own version of TRT in June 2012. Then on March 2013 I started with Defy Med. They inform me about the use of aminos and at the same time I added protein shakes along with my new way of eating. The diference is that even me, I can't believe it. I'm more slim but cut and with a level of vascularity that never was with me before and I have been on Powerlifting since 1968. Protein is a must.

BigJohn

I'm 66 years old and started TRT about 5 months ago. I have been on a vigorous weight lifting progarm for 2 months. It looks like I've gone fro 43% BF to 33% in that time period. I have been using whey protein and high quality chicken and beef for protein. It works!

Buddy

Hi Donnie,
Informative post on maintaining muscle mass and aging and like to add we must workout regularly and focus on natural anti aging products to maintain muscles mass and aging.

Abdom

A lot of people actually do this because the sort of stuff it does that is like nothing else,When it comes to taking care of your body what else do we need if we have a proper diet and activities routine that can help like nothing else so yeah it does matter the most according to me.

Nitin360 physical therapy emr

Last edited:

Martin

I'm 66 years old and started TRT about 5 months ago. I have been on a vigorous weight lifting progarm for 2 months. It looks like I've gone fro 43% BF to 33% in that time period. I have been using whey protein and high quality chicken and beef for protein. It works!

Big John, have any side effects on TRT after these months you started it? I am 67 and I still hesitating in using it. Thanks for your reply. Martin.

BigJohn

Hi Martin, no side effects at all. It's been the best thing for me in the last 15 years. If you are low I encourage you to get on T. I'm on the cream and it keeps me level 650-900 range. My goal is below 20% body fat.

Martin

Big john

Big John, have any side effects on TRT after these months you started it? I am 67 and I still hesitating in using it. Thanks for your reply. Martin.
BIG JOHN, Is it true that once started with TRT, it will be forever?. My testorene level is 469 ng/dl and my doctor is recommending TRT for physical issues. I am too skinny.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Martin

TRT is a lifetime commitment. But you may be able to regain your baseline T production when you stop since yours is almost almost 500 ng/dL. It is hard to predict.

If you are skinny and have normal erection, I would not mess with TRT. There are many ways to increase muscle mass without testosterone.

BigJohn

Of course Nelson is right. I was around 250 and I feel much better. I didn't start because of putting on muscle but it increased my energy level and had occasional depression. All that stopped when I started TRT.

Martin

Martin

TRT is a lifetime commitment. But you may be able to regain your baseline T production when you stop since yours is almost almost 500 ng/dL. It is hard to predict.

If you are skinny and have normal erection, I would not mess with TRT. There are many ways to increase muscle mass without testosterone.

Thank you for your prompt response. I have the 2 issues you mention above, so in my 67 I will keep working at the gym to increase muscle mass without T.

Martin

Sarcopenia

Martin

Nelson, can I increase muscle mass even though I am 67 and ectomorph. Doctor says that at that age sarcopenia does not allow muscle mass grow. All my life I have been skinny and now that I am retired I want to have a good quality life. Thanks for your reply. Greetings from Mexico.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In Mexico you may have access to Nebido, Sustanon, nandrolone, oxandrolone, etc without a prescription. Private message for more info

Emile Jarreau

Hey Fellas,

Yes TRT, like training, is a lifetime deal. In the 3rd quarter of life and have been using TRT for almost 20 years. Its a must and it'll keep together physically and emotionally both in or out of the gym.

Life isnt the same at 50 as it was at 20...now its now fair for those new schoolers:)

Emile/M2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching