A Traveling Man’s Guide to Fitness

Buy Lab Tests Online

Donnie Moreland

Staff Writer
fitness-travel.jpg

Being that I am the assistant director of a college debate team, I rarely ever get to enjoy the luxuries of a fully equipped fitness center when we travel during the season. With that being said, I understand that many readers share the same struggle of being tied to appointments in other cities or conferences in other states for work. For many of us, simply finding a facility, let alone time to exercise while on the go, can be as much of a stressor as the job itself. But, what I have come to realize is the importance of improvisation.

The traveling man cannot worry about the fitness center at the hotel, when considering his routine because many hotels will never suffice. The key is to prioritize. Many times, we will be forced to focus on full-body, body weight exercises in our hotel rooms as an alternative to the bench press, barbell squat, deadlift and bent- flies. Find yourself or create a quick and intense body weight workout before you take off and stick to that routine for the entirety of your trip or try a muscle confusion schedule, allowing your body enough time to recover from the first workout before changing the routine entirely, tricking the muscles into growth. Either way, the best way to alleviate the frustration of disappointment when you find out that the hotel only has four free weights and a treadmill is to come prepared to turn the room into your new boot camp.

One thing to consider, aside from body weight routines, is the option of intense cardio. Most likely, the hotel's pool should be spacious enough for 10 to 20 laps or, if you can remember directions, 3 to 6mile runs from the hotel's entrance to your selected destination that night. The goal is to maintain a constant rate of speed that is greater than that of your runs at home. The intensity will be grueling but you will maintain your fitness level when out of town.

A few more options may be to invest in some heavy resistance bands or moderately heavy to heavy ankle weights. The resistance bands can be a temporary supplement to your usual weight training routine athome and wearing ankle weights throughout the day and evening will help maintain your endurance while away from the leg press.

Regardless, of what you choose to do, the goal should always be maximizing the benefit, while decreasing the stress. Figuring out how to maintain your waistline on the road shouldn't be the headache. Hopefully, next time you travel, you'll be thanking yourself for the pump instead of regretting not being able to lift weights at all.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching