Cortisol Results / Protocol help please

Buy Lab Tests Online

Scotty323

Ive been taking 35mg of dhea/preg and oral preg daily for a few months now. My salivary results came back and my cortisol is still extremely low:

[FONT=&quot]7:30am
109 ( 100-750 )[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2:30pm
78 (<401)
5:30pm
<50 (<100)
11:00pm
<50 (<100)
[/FONT]

My next appointment with Defy isnt until the middle of March. What do you guys feel I should do? Up the dhea/preg? By how much? This seems extremely low to me.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Scotty323

Yes, I am also on TRT, HCG, and an AI.
.32 test cyp twice a week
.40 hcg twice a week
.1 anastrozole twice a week ( thinking about stopping this )

[FONT=&quot]Estradiol - 29 (20-75 Ref) ** I don't believe this was e2 sensitive **[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ACTH,P - 16 (10-60 Ref am)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DHEA - 307 (65-334 Ref)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total and Free Test - 55.5 (4.6-18.1 Ref) *[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Test - 1180 (240-950 Ref)

I actually went by an older test for the cortisol.... most recent cortisol is below:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7:30am
109 ( 100-750 )[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2:30pm
78 (<401)
5:30pm
<50 (<100)
11:00pm
<50 (<100)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Tests seems to me to be showing that no matter how it reads on paper, there's seems to be few to no guy that gets this backfill or downstream hormone production from either HCG/DHEA/Preg that supposedly happens. Ive run 500iu E3.5D and my Prog and DHT came back lower than any previous test. Your only option may be to discuss HC therapy with Dr Saya. I wouldn't start taking more HCG/DHEA/Preg.

Scotty323 - Vince Carter may be right, HC may be a valid option moving forward. Since you have time before your consult, it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to do a trial of an adrenal "adaptogen" such as rhodiola, ashwaganda, or licorice root simply to see if you notice any subjective changes before consult.

Scotty323

Scotty323 - Vince Carter may be right, HC may be a valid option moving forward. Since you have time before your consult, it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to do a trial of an adrenal "adaptogen" such as rhodiola, ashwaganda, or licorice root simply to see if you notice any subjective changes before consult.

Is there one that you would recommend over the other? What about a dosage? Thanks Dr. Saya.

Will Brink

Those...rhodiola, ashwaganda, or licorice root ..are all typical Adrenal support herbs/supplements that you can google.

The active ingredient is licorice root, Glycerrhizinic acid, has been found to increase cortisol and lower T. Perhaps in men on TRT not an issue, but I don't tend to view licorice root a great choice for men as a supp.

The active ingredient is licorice root, Glycerrhizinic acid, has been found to increase cortisol and lower T. Perhaps in men on TRT not an issue, but I don't tend to view licorice root a great choice for men as a supp.

Good point, Will.

An increase in cortisol MAY not be a good thing for a male who is not on TRT (unless they have low cortisol to begin with...cortisol is the one hormone actually necessary for life). However the story is much different for a male already on TRT (i.e. there will be no suppression of exogenous testosterone).

OP actually has low cortisol production, so the increase in cortisol is, in fact, the exact intent.

Scotty323

Good point, Will.

An increase in cortisol MAY not be a good thing for a male who is not on TRT (unless they have low cortisol to begin with...cortisol is the one hormone actually necessary for life). However the story is much different for a male already on TRT (i.e. there will be no suppression of exogenous testosterone).

OP actually has low cortisol production, so the increase in cortisol is, in fact, the exact intent.
From a quick google search the rhodiola looks intriguing because it appears to help libido as well. Would this be a good choice? Any recommendation on a dosage?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me