Cost, availability and expiration of HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online
The HCG diet is apparently driving up costs and making HCG difficult to find. I live in northern California, 1hr north of SF, and the cheapest price found so far was 190.00 for 10,000 iu!! Compounding pharmacies are out here and Costco doesn't carry it. Brutal! My boys are like the French army and in retreat mode. I have a Rx just need a decent price. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
"Expiration" in the pharmaceutical industry is defined as "The date placed on the container/labels of a drug product designating the time during which a batch of the product is expected to remain within the approved shelf life specifications if stored under defined conditions, and after which it may not be used." In other words a drug will expire once it falls outside it's acceptable specifications of pH, potency, appearance, etc the primary factor being potency. Once the active ingredient falls outside 90 - 110% its potency the medication is considered to be expired. So a drug that has 89% it's listed potency is by FDA and USP standards no longer suitable for use.

HCG is an interesting medication though... Unlike most drugs it's acceptable potency range according to its USP monograph is 80 - 125%. This is due to the fact that it is measured in International Units (IU) and not milligrams (mg). Since the analytical test to measure potency in IUs is not as accurate as the test used to measure potency by mass USP gives HCG the wider potency range. This is true of other medications measured in IUs.

Since the acceptable potency range and the therapeutic index for HCG are quite large a compounder can actually make the medication well above 100% and still be within the acceptable limits. Brand name HCG Pregnyl actually states a 60 day expiration date on it's HCG and I've tested their vials to be within 95-100% potency. You can imagine how long the expiration date would be if the HCG was made at 115% or even 125% potency.

I know compounders that have done long term stability studies on HCG showing it to be quite stable up to 90 days under refrigeration. To be conservative most compounders place 30-60 day Beyond Use Dates on their preparations just as we do. Since the Beyond Use Date starts the moment the HCG powder touches water it is important to make sure you get your HCG from a pharmacy that Freeze Dries it's HCG to prevent getting a batch that has already been reconstituted and started to degrade.

If you're interested I recommend reading more about Freeze Drying (Lyophilization) and HCG to better understand the background of how HCG is compounded and how it works in the human body.

bobcat

HCG/Empower Pharmacy

"Expiration" in the pharmaceutical industry is defined as "The date placed on the container/labels of a drug product designating the time during which a batch of the product is expected to remain within the approved shelf life specifications if stored under defined conditions, and after which it may not be used." In other words a drug will expire once it falls outside it's acceptable specifications of pH, potency, appearance, etc the primary factor being potency. Once the active ingredient falls outside 90 - 110% its potency the medication is considered to be expired. So a drug that has 89% it's listed potency is by FDA and USP standards no longer suitable for use.

HCG is an interesting medication though... Unlike most drugs it's acceptable potency range according to its USP monograph is 80 - 125%. This is due to the fact that it is measured in International Units (IU) and not milligrams (mg). Since the analytical test to measure potency in IUs is not as accurate as the test used to measure potency by mass USP gives HCG the wider potency range. This is true of other medications measured in IUs.

Since the acceptable potency range and the therapeutic index for HCG are quite large a compounder can actually make the medication well above 100% and still be within the acceptable limits. Brand name HCG Pregnyl actually states a 60 day expiration date on it's HCG and I've tested their vials to be within 95-100% potency. You can imagine how long the expiration date would be if the HCG was made at 115% or even 125% potency.

I know compounders that have done long term stability studies on HCG showing it to be quite stable up to 90 days under refrigeration. To be conservative most compounders place 30-60 day Beyond Use Dates on their preparations just as we do. Since the Beyond Use Date starts the moment the HCG powder touches water it is important to make sure you get your HCG from a pharmacy that Freeze Dries it's HCG to prevent getting a batch that has already been reconstituted and started to degrade.

If you're interested I recommend reading more about Freeze Drying (Lyophilization) and HCG to better understand the background of how HCG is compounded and how it works in the human body.

Thanks for the information. Just received my first delivery of hcg from empower. Am really happy with the fact that all information about mixing, and everything I could possibly need was in the package. The delivery I received from another pharmacy became like a science project trying to figure out how to mix, how much bacteria static water to add, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse

HCG (11,000 IU) costs about $75 dollars at empowerrxpharmacy.com

Give them the code EM or ExcelMale and let me know if they give you free shipping on your first order

They also have testosterone, Trimix, ED drugs and more http://www.empowerrxpharmacy.com/drug-catalog

They ship without an RX? I would like to get that GHRP2/6 combination but I can not think of a doctor within a 1500 mile radius that would perscribe it to me.

Last edited:

hamletshead

The HCG diet is apparently driving up costs and making HCG difficult to find. I live in northern California, 1hr north of SF, and the cheapest price found so far was 190.00 for 10,000 iu!! Compounding pharmacies are out here and Costco doesn't carry it. Brutal! My boys are like the French army and in retreat mode. I have a Rx just need a decent price. Any help would be much appreciated.

That's way too expensive. I'm in the OC and its costs me $170 for 25,000iu from a local compounding pharmacy.

andre

Does an "Hcg diet" consisting of 250 iu/HCG per-day for (30) days sound sensible with the goal of losing belly fat ?

A naturopathic doctor (ND) provided the hcg which is from KRS Global Biotechnology INC in Baco Raton, FL.

Just a little weary since no prescription was written and I don't know the rules of what a ND can prescribe.

thanks for any input !

bruin

@Andre..........I am more interested in your age, gym/exercise routine and diet.........for belly fat loss

Does an "Hcg diet" consisting of 250 iu/HCG per-day for (30) days sound sensible with the goal of losing belly fat ?

A naturopathic doctor (ND) provided the hcg which is from KRS Global Biotechnology INC in Baco Raton, FL.

Just a little weary since no prescription was written and I don't know the rules of what a ND can prescribe.

thanks for any input !

andre

Hi Bruin,

Thanks for responding!

I'm 54yrs old, 180lbs and I weight train 4 days/week/1hr since my late teens. As for doing cardio, I'll surf in the summer 3 days/week but no cardio in the winter. I think my issue with my belly fat is attributed to my diet of ~2500 cals/day with ~50%protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs). Something I've been able to use with success up until this year where my body is changing.

The ND I mentioned suggested I give the hcg diet a go, however, not in the true sense of only 500 calorie/day. More like 1200 cals/day with strict diet. I guess the hcg helps preserve muscle during this process. (he said no exercise but that's just something I just can't stop doing).

The benefit I saw in trying the hcg was to preserve muscle while limiting calorie/fat intake and just see what kind of results I might get.

The dose of 250 iu per-day seemed way out of line, given that I see people on this forum using this dose but no more than (3) days per week.

I'm also somewhat skeptical of the legitimacy of the hcg and was just curious if anyone else had experience with KRS Global Biotech. (and the fact that he just handed me over a 6000 iu and 4000 iu bottle on the spot with supplies and decent instructions).

Maybe worth a try but maybe not.

anyway, thanks again for any input.

p.s. I posted my blood earlier this year here:
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?2231-Candidate-for-TRT

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Find me one clinical study where it was proven that HCG cause fat lose.

Everything I have learned about this peptide is that it is simply an LH analog and does nothing for increasing metabolism to cause weight lose.

It's the very low caloric diet that causes the loss of weight not HCG.

bruin

Im a relative newcomer to TRT regimen and when I sought out HCG I can only say that the diet craze seemed like nothing more than a "fad Hollywood scheme " that still lingers on the internet, I found no data that supported weight loss.

caloric intake and the right type of exercise, burning more than ingesting, with the right combo of protein and carbs that only you can specify based on your metabolism. Duane

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me