noob questions on blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online
Some members trying to answer forum questions will post "you need to post full labs with ranges".
1) What are ranges and do they change based on age or something?
If a knowledgeable person is answering a question should he/she know the range already?

2) Is there a place on the forum we can post our blood tests either copy paste from a .doc or .txt or insert pdf, etc. So we could use that to reference when posting other questions?

3) If so can we post each blood test as time goes by so we have a file of our bloodtests stored off our PC. Most forum software like this allows a signature line at the bottom. Wouldn't it be cool if you could have your bloodwork shortcut in your sig for easy reference.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Some members trying to answer forum questions will post "you need to post full labs with ranges".
If a knowledgeable person is answering a question should he/she know the range already?

2) Is there a place on the forum we can post our blood tests either copy paste from a .doc or .txt or insert pdf, etc. So we could use that to reference when posting other questions?

3) If so can we post each blood test as time goes by so we have a file of our bloodtests stored off our PC. Most forum software like this allows a signature line at the bottom. Wouldn't it be cool if you could have your bloodwork shortcut in your sig for easy reference.

Ranges are are absolutely necessary to generate discussion when posting lab work. Each and every lab establishes its own reference ranges based on cohort studies - and they vary. Here in Canada the upper end of the range differs from the typical American upper range on a number of tests. For example - is a TSH of 3.75 coming close to being significantly high, or modestly high? It would depend on whether one had blood drawn at LifeLabs in Toronto or LabCorp in Los Angeles; the reference range may be 5.0 or 4.0 - context is everything. I travel regularly to the States and, if blood work is done while I'm there, the first thing my Canadian doctor wants is reference ranges and she is most certainly a "knowledgeable person."

You are welcome to incorporate your lab values as part of your signature line as well as upload lab reports for reference whenever you wish.

Last edited:
Thank you CW.
I am having some trouble navigating this website. Where are the guys uploading their blood tests info?

So I have highlited the range from a cut and paste of my blood test and just to be sure is this what we are talking about when range is asked?
============================
Order: Tsh, 3rd Generation - LC 004259

Name Date Value Units Range
TSH 12/13/2016 1.43 0.450-4.500
Notes:

Order: Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S - LC 001974

T4, FREE(Direct) 12/13/2016 1.26 0.82-1.77
Notes:

Order: Testosterone,Total, Serum - LC 004226

Testosterone, Serum 12/13/2016 173.00 348-1197
Notes:
Comment 12/13/2016 Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males up to 40 years old.
=======================

Thanks again for taking the time to help me thru this and I am sorry if I seem to be a bit slow on the uptake. My mind is broken right now I am no longer the sharpest knife in the drawer :) I think this is a part of the brain fog some talk about when their T is low.

Last edited:
Thanks Vince. So put them in the blood test discussion folder. I've got another set of tests coming in a few weeks so I'll have two to post. My first test was kind of an spur of the moment. My pcp was quite worried so he ordered blood work on my visit in December for anxiety/panic attacks and I did not fast so all my numbers in the bloodsugar areas are all out of wack. That will teach me to go to Ihops all you can eat pancakes before going to the doctors... j/k J/K :)

Lab ranges vary for a few reasons, one of which is testing method. So a standard E2 test will be 7-42 and the sensitive will be 8-35. Those are examples for Labcorp, but that information is important.

Sometimes people have weird units, that most will not know the conversion to more commonly used units. Ranges help convey that information.

Probably. I could name a few ranges off the top of my head, but they can also vary from lab to lab, and with the permutations of labs, countries, and units, it gets rather complex.

Plus, it's easiest to look at the range right next to the level, why make it harder for people to help?

Make a topic in the blood test forum. Best thing to do is post pictures of the labs but block out personal information.

These are my labs, this way it gives the most information possible while protecting your privacy, and there is no chance of a typo.

24hoursafterinjection.jpg

Other forums do that, although I've never seen it done here, I don't see it being a problem if the mods are cool with it or the admins have set up the signature to allow that much space.

Hope that clears some things up! Those are good questions for a guy who's new to this! Really shows you're thinking about this!

Hi JohnDoeSmith thank you your post really helped. Once I get my bloodtests posted i think I'll try to post that link in my sig. If I do it right It will just be two words [My Bloodwork] click on it an it should take you to my thread where my tests are posted.

Hi JohnDoeSmith thank you your post really helped. Once I get my bloodtests posted i think I'll try to post that link in my sig. If I do it right It will just be two words [My Bloodwork] click on it an it should take you to my thread where my tests are posted.

Absolutely. You seem like a person with genuine interest, who is asking questions that are direct, and aren't easily answered with Google.

If you want more info do ask, the questions you have are rather fun to answer in a way. I respect others who try to expand their knowledge.

Maybe make your thread title a bit more detailed? Might attract more people to view it.

Hi John, I will work on my titles thanks. I am truely interested in learning more about my blood and how it can give me a peek as to what is going on in my body and mind. I can't believe how little I really know about this subject.

I have been very lucky in life health wise, until my 60's. Never got sick hardly ever went to the doctor.

Now that I look back I think my low T started in my early 50's. That was when I developed the first signs of ED. I didn't really think about it too much. My wife was going thru early menopause so sex was quite painful for her. We had so much going on in our 40's and 50's, raising our daughter, our careers were peaking, sex just wasn't important in our lives and we loved each other just as much as we did when we were rabbits in our 20's and 30's.

Other than a low libido my health was great. Until one day I think my T reached a level where I lost all confidence in myself, became apathetic and at the end of 2016 I finely broke down and went to the doc and the web seeking help.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me