Is my E2 high?

Buy Lab Tests Online

kspat

I just got my lab results back and my E2 was 46. I'am hearing different things as to whether or not this is too high. Some people say that 46 is "horrible", while at the same time I have seen a video of Nelson saying that 50-60 is ok. I've been taking .25 of anastrozole 2/week now (same day as T injections). I have had gyno in the past, when I was a teenager, and bilaterally when I was 40, I'am 50 years old now.
my testosterone was 972, free was 25.8.
I am on 140mg of test cyp. and 35iu of hCg 2/week.

If you think this is high or you have had similar numbers, what did you do to bring your E2 down to healthy level.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I just got my lab results back and my E2 was 46. I'am hearing different things as to whether or not this is too high. Some people say that 46 is "horrible", while at the same time I have seen a video of Nelson saying that 50-60 is ok. I've been taking .25 of anastrozole 2/week now (same day as T injections). I have had gyno in the past, when I was a teenager, and bilaterally when I was 40, I'am 50 years old now.

If you think this is high or you have had similar numbers, what did you do to bring your E2 down to healthy level.

First of all, which test measured your estradiol? Only the sensitive, also called ultra-sensitive, test (LC, MS/MS) can be relied on. If you did have the proper test run, it's not a simple answer.

You didn't mention how you feel. Any symptoms that could be attributed to higher estradiol? For some men that's a number that would need to be lowered, many do just fine with that value. Your history, two episodes of gynecomastia, calls for more scrutiny than others might need. You could go to an every other day, or even a daily, injection schedule since such protocols have lowered estradiol for many (including me).

kspat

thanks for your reply CW. It was the sensitive test. I'am having some side effects that feel like pre trt. Low energy, brain fog, some joint pain that may be related to lifting weights, however I felt like I was recovering faster a couple of months ago.

Weasel

I had almost those exact numbers on 140mg test weekly with EOD dosing. I've yet to find a sweet spot for anastrozole. Very small amounts brought my e2 to low. I know I need to be somewhere between 24.8 and 48.6. I cannot make this happen. Even doses as small as 0.0625mg 2x week brought my e2 to 24.8 and that was to low.

CoastWatcher

thanks for your reply CW. It was the sensitive test. I'am having some side effects that feel like pre trt. Low energy, brain fog, some joint pain that may be related to lifting weights, however I felt like I was recovering faster a couple of months ago.

Your other numbers in this most recent blood draw are solid. Were these test run in anticipation of a consultation with your doctor, or did you initiate them on your own in light of your symptoms? I ask because I wonder how your doctor may react to them - would they be open to manipulating your dose by increasing the frequency and slightly lowering the amount of testosterone you injected in each shot? Would you be open to such a protocol? Anastrozole - as I'm sure you know - is so easy to overwhelm a guy and send levels downward far beyond what is needed. It's the two previous gynecomastia incidents that shadow everything.

kspat

yes, I have my second consultation since starting trt coming up March 1. My Dr. suggested over the counter DIM 100-200mg daily and calcium D-glucarate 500mg Twice daily until consult and recheck E2 level about a week before consult. I would be open to the possibility of EOD dosing. Also wondering if I wouldn't be a candidate for slightly higher anastrozole dose. Is .5 of anastrozole an unheard of dose? Thanks for your help.

CoastWatcher

yes, I have my second consultation since starting trt coming up March 1. My Dr. suggested over the counter DIM 100-200mg daily and calcium D-glucarate 500mg Twice daily until consult and recheck E2 level about a week before consult. I would be open to the possibility of EOD dosing. Also wondering if I wouldn't be a candidate for slightly higher anastrozole dose. Is .5 of anastrozole an unheard of dose? Thanks for your help.

A higher dose of anastrozole, given your history, might well be called for. I'm glad your doctor is monitoring your values so closely, ordering an additional test prior to your consultation, before making changes.

Weasel

A higher dose of anastrozole, given your history, might well be called for. I'm glad your doctor is monitoring your values so closely, ordering an additional test prior to your consultation, before making changes.

Please clarify, Was your reading of e2 46 prior to anastrozole use or after using 0.25mg 2x weekly?

kspat

back in March, the first labs I did before starting trt, e2 was 13.6
started trt (160 mg of T cyp) and anastrozole .25 2/week (because of gyno history) in June. 350iu hcg
next labs were in August e2 was 37. tt was 1500 and ft was 44.5
lowered t to 140 mg and continued .25 of anastrozole, 350 iu hcg 2/week
next lab was in January e2-46.6 tt-972 ft-25.8

Weasel

back in March, the first labs I did before starting trt, e2 was 13.6
started trt (160 mg of T cyp) and anastrozole .25 2/week (because of gyno history) in June. 350iu hcg
next labs were in August e2 was 37. tt was 1500 and ft was 44.5
lowered t to 140 mg and continued .25 of anastrozole, 350 iu hcg 2/week
next lab was in January e2-46.6 tt-972 ft-25.8

Gotcha thanks,

Biggest question is, how do you feel? 46.6 is not necessarily an unhealthy level. Or are you just stressing yourself out about gyno returning?

kspat

Ive had some energy issues lately, also brain fog and some joint pain. The history of gyno is a big factor though. I had surgery about 8 years ago so I really don't want that happening again.

ERO

Also bear in mind the T:E: ratio. A sensitive E2 of 46 when if your Total T is 500 is not the same as a sensitive E2 of 46 if your Total T is 1100.

ERO

Yes, if you take the ratio into consideration. The T:E: ratio is a rule of thumb, not an absolute, but the idea is that in young healthy men, the T:E: ratio is typically between 14 and 20, so for older guys on TRT it would make sense to try to fall into that same range. In the examples above, a Total T of 500 and an E2 of 46 is a ratio of 11, and a Total T of 1100 and an E2 of 46 is a ratio of 24. Also rules of thumb like this work best under the bell curve. There are always the odd outliers where it does not apply.

Another way to visualize this is to imagine that I told you I weighed 200 pounds. Now, without knowing my height and body fat %, would that be considered fat, ideal, or anorexic? You would logically reply that just knowing my weight without knowing my ratio of height to weight or my ratio of lean mass to fat mass, you cannot say with any certainty, right? Its the same idea with the T:E: ratio - unless one knows the ration of T:E: they cannot just look at a fixed E2 # and say you are too high or too low. (Again, for expected ranges of both - this would not apply to extreme highs or extreme lows)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me