Creatine and TRT is it OK?

Buy Lab Tests Online
6-8 years ago I was an avid single track mtn bike rider. I hope to start riding again.
One of my favorite supplements, I didn't really take many, was creatine.
I can't remember all the details but I think it really helped with muscle pain during and post climbs (slow pedaling up hills 30min to 1hr no rest) Another thing I remember was I gained a lot of water weigh while taking it. That (water weigh) is kind of happening to me now 16 days in to my TRT with caloric intake and burn pretty much the same everyday and I am up 6# from 202 to 208. Do you guys think creatine and TRT would just turn me into a big water balloon?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with creatine, but I use only 1/4 teaspoon daily. I've never noticed any water retention with TRT or creatine. Though I've heard that some people do have water retention.

Last edited:

Will Brink

6-8 years ago I was an avid single track mtn bike rider. I hope to start riding again.
I can't remember all the details but I think it really helped with muscle pain during and post climbs (slow pedaling up hills 30min to 1hr no rest) Another thing I remember was I gained a lot of water weigh while taking it. That (water weigh) is kind of happening to me now 16 days in to my TRT with caloric intake and burn pretty much the same everyday and I am up 6# from 202 to 208. Do you guys think creatine and TRT would just turn me into a big water balloon?

Water weight from creatine is Intra muscular, which is what you want. There's no issue with TRT and creatine i'm aware of. I wrote a contraindications of creatine post here if interested:

Are there any contraindications Of Creatine Monohydrate? Hundreds of studies to date have shown that creatine monohydrate is an amazingly non-toxic and safe supplement with numerous benefits. Further studies directly examining possible side effects, both prospective and long-term retrospective (up to five years), have failed to find any serious side effects of creatine supplementation (65-69) on various markers studied, such as renal function, hepatic function, and others. So are there contraindications of creatine monohydrate?

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/creatine-contraindications/

- Will @ BrinkZone.com

Last edited:
Hi Vince and Will thank you both for posting to my question.
Vince I never did the creatine loadup for x number of weeks then off X number of weeks. I took 1-2 scoops daily for years on my morning cereal with only positive side effects. I felt it really helped build endurance when biking.

Hi Will, First let me say I love your coffee and I look forward to it every morning. Like you I too love a good cup of joe. Hell it's the last simple pleasure in life I have not had to give up for one reason or another. Thank you for the link to your website I have just started watching your videos. I like what I am reading and hearing. Thank you for all the work you have done for men's health.

Will Brink

Hi Will, First let me say I love your coffee and I look forward to it every morning.

It's da bomb :cool:

Like you I too love a good cup of joe. Hell it's the last simple pleasure in life I have not had to give up for one reason or another. Thank you for the link to your website I have just started watching your videos. I like what I am reading and hearing. Thank you for all the work you have done for men's health.

Glad to hear it's helped!

- Will @ BrinkZone.com

Gianluca

Creatine raises Aldosterone, so it is possible that will create water retention

PeacefulWarrior

I retain water even with 5 grams daily. But creatine definitely increases my strength. I just have to be careful since it may increase my blood pressure and bloating. Sometimes I just take it every other day.
I also use 5g daily when taking creatine and it works well.

Is creatine really can increase blood pressure? I've never heard of this. Do you really feel bp increasing while using it?

Will Brink

I did not know creatine increases blood pressure. 10 points on each side is a lot.

Studies do not find it increases BP and the water retention is intra cellular, so it's not water retention in the classic sense as most may think of it. Intra cellular hydration state is an anabolc signal and may be one route by which creatine increases FFM over time. One study found small improvements in BP, and micro vascular/systemic microcirculation responses at 20g/d:

Effects of dietary creatine supplementation on systemic microvascular density and reactivity in healthy young adults

M

MarkM

Studies do not find it increases BP and the water retention is intra cellular, so it's not water retention in the classic sense as most may think of it. Intra cellular hydration state is an anabolc signal and may be one route by which creatine increases FFM over time. One study found small improvements in BP, and micro vascular/systemic microcirculation responses at 20g/d:

Effects of dietary creatine supplementation on systemic microvascular density and reactivity in healthy young adults

Thank you for the information @Will Brink.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me