Female Friend Just Had Dr. Prescribe 20mg Test Cyp Weekly......questions about this

Buy Lab Tests Online

PeteMitchell

Friend of my wife is 35, veeeeery good shape (prob shouldn't say that, but goodness!). 5'9" 135lbs. Her test level was 18, Dr. said "normal" was 30-120. Side note - at the time her blood was tested she was just finishing up a 6 week anavar cycle (20mg ED). She wrote down (not kidding) several questions for me to "look up." With regard to TRT for men, I know enough to know whats going on, but I know absolutely **** about TRT for women.

Hopefully some of you can shed some light.

Dr. Prescription was for 20mg every week Test Cyp.
Her Questions:

1. Will exogenous test shut her body's test production down similarly to what would a man would experience?
2. Is TRT for "life" for females like it is for males? Meaning, if she starts TRT now and decides to terminate the protocol later, will her test levels be significantly diminished from her levels from before she began TRT?
3. Will this in any way affect her ability to have children in the future?
4. Will this cause her to carry more water weight (she competes nationally in bodybuilding competitions).
5. Is this similar to a man's TRT, where adding testosterone can often cause imbalances elsewhere that requires attention? For example, its not uncommon for exogenous test in men to require AI's, HCG, sometimes blood pressure med. What are some of the imbalances Test Cyp in women might cause in a female body?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Here's my $0.02 on her questions:

1. Will exogenous test shut her body's test production down similarly to what would a man would experience?
A: Hormonal loops are hormonal loops meaning that they all have a negative side that regulates serum concentration levels. Knowing that the likelihood of being shut down like a man if extremely high. Women only need small amounts of testosterone just like men need very small amount of estrogen.

2. Is TRT for "life" for females like it is for males? Meaning, if she starts TRT now and decides to terminate the protocol later, will her test levels be significantly diminished from her levels from before she began TRT?
A: Only blood tests will verify but the likelihood of being shut down and therefore lower levels post TRT is very high.

A: Depends if she can get all of her hormones back to healthy physiological levels post TRT.

4. Will this cause her to carry more water weight (she competes nationally in bodybuilding competitions).
A: Yes, it will likelihood increase her estrogen levels even higher.

5. Is this similar to a man's TRT, where adding testosterone can often cause imbalances elsewhere that requires attention? For example, its not uncommon for exogenous test in men to require AI's, HCG, sometimes blood pressure med. What are some of the imbalances Test Cyp in women might cause in a female body?
A: Most likely, she will need comprehensive blood work and monitoring just like a man to keep "things" in check.

CoastWatcher

None of these questions/issues were addressed by her doctor? They are fundamental in regard to the success of her protocol and to her future health. There are physicians who are capable of treating women's health/hormonal issues, that includes the medical team at Defy Medical. I'm not a Defy patient, just pointing out that comprehensive care is available.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
None of these questions/issues were addressed by her doctor? They are fundamental in regard to the success of her protocol and to her future health. There are physicians who are capable of treating women's health/hormonal issues, that includes the medical team at Defy Medical. I'm not a Defy patient, just pointing out that comprehensive care is available.

Did you see this in his post: "at the time her blood was tested she was just finishing up a 6 week anavar cycle (20mg ED)".

The anavar cycle probably has disrupted her normal hormonal milieu is my guess thus the lower testosterone levels.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What Gene said is right. She was just finishing an anabolic steroid cycle and her T should be shut down or low. I would try a clomiphene protocol first to try to reestablish her own T production.

I would love to see her LH and FSH since they will determine the degree of suppression.

Agree with all above. Further, 20mg of T cyp per week is on the upper end of the range for most females and may cause masculinizing side effects if not monitored closely and frequently. As with males, most females do well to split to smaller, more frequent, doses.

PeteMitchell

The absolute most important thing to her is not diminishing her future ability to have children.

A: Depends if she can get all of her hormones back to healthy physiological levels post TRT. /QUOTE]

All of you have agreed with this statement, so my next question is: Providing this testosterone dose elevates her to the "normal" range for a women, why would she need to return to her pre-trt levels below normal in order to have children?

She wanted me to be sure and thank you guys for all of your advice.

The absolute most important thing to her is not diminishing her future ability to have children.

Providing this testosterone dose elevates her to the "normal" range for a women, why would she need to return to her pre-trt levels below normal in order to have children?

Not any more so than the anavar she was taking would. BTW, 20mg ED is a rather large dose of anavar for a female. Even most female fitness/bodybuilder competitors I have counseled, when using anavar, use doses of 5-10mg ED. Excess anabolic/androgenic steroids (including anavar and even testosterone itself) can cause atrophy and thinning of the uterus - which potentially could lower likelihood of pregnancy. Another area for her to think about is that very low body fat % (as some competitors carry) can inhibit ovulation/menstruation in many females (again lowering likelihood of pregnancy).

She really needs to run these questions by the one who is driving the ship...i.e. the doctor who is prescribing it for her AND (hopefully) will be monitoring her appropriately.

PeteMitchell

Can you explain what you mean when you responded to my comment "providing this testosterone dose elevates her to the normal range for a woman, why would she need to return to her pre-trt levels below normal in order to have children?" with, "not any more than the anavar she was taking would."

All of the advice is appreciated, because sadly, I don't think she is getting much from her Dr.

Can you explain what you mean when you responded to my comment "providing this testosterone dose elevates her to the normal range for a woman, why would she need to return to her pre-trt levels below normal in order to have children?" with, "not any more than the anavar she was taking would."

All of the advice is appreciated, because sadly, I don't think she is getting much from her Dr.

As noted above: "Excess anabolic/androgenic steroids (including anavar and even testosterone itself) can cause atrophy and thinning of the uterus - which potentially could lower likelihood of pregnancy." Also, as noted in previous response, T cyp dosage of 20mg per week (especially if given in a single injection) is on the upper end of dosage range for females and may be considered "excess" as per above (i.e. supraphysiologic).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me