Immune system problems with TRT??

Buy Lab Tests Online

zojo360

Not sure if this is coincidental, time of year or perhaps TRT related but curious as to what you all may think. Started TRT on 11/17/2016 (45 y/o). After a month from starting, followed the more progressive injection schedule @ E3D 45 mg cyp IM (equates to 105 mgs E7D) with a SHBG of 39. Test results with numbers have returned back very good so far imo (pre TRT and last two results on other threads). First question) The month of January and into February (2017) I became ill a total of 3 times! First ailment was a heavy mucous filled cough lasting a week. Once that cleared, a pretty severe stomach flu set in with all the nasty accompanying factors. As of 5 days ago, I came down with strep throat including 103 fever for 2 days, terrible pain swallowing and white spots on tonsils. Started antibiotics and a pin of Decadron yesterday and feeling better so far. I have seen conflicting information with TRT and immune system response. Any facts to this or did I perhaps hit a rough patch of luck? Normally, I'm very healthy with the occasional annual cold and nothing more. Second question but not related to immune system) With a SHBG of 39, (range 10-55.9) granted I'm feeling good and that's the important thing with TRT, in your opinion is it even necessary to do E3D injections or maybe E4-5D would be better. I understand it's a subjective question and based on how one feels but any ideas would be greatly appreciated on both issues...
Thank you,

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

zojo360

I'll tell you, this is the most ill I've been in the short amount of time in ages!! Of course it could be worse with more severe health issues but this is not the norm for me so my obsessive mind concluded TRT implications lol!!

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been on trt for over two years. Never had any problems with cold or sicknesses. Your protocol sounds pretty good, I personally wouldn't change it.

CoastWatcher

I've been on trt for over two years. Never had any problems with cold or sicknesses. Your protocol sounds pretty good, I personally wouldn't change it.

I agree with what Vince said in regard to your protocol. You feel good - why in the world would you put that at risk because of your SHBG? The challenge is to feel better - which you do - not to chase a number. Every single change in protocol offers a possible risk. I'm baffled as to why you'd open that door.

1Draw

I'll tell you, this is the most ill I've been in the short amount of time in ages!! Of course it could be worse with more severe health issues but this is not the norm for me so my obsessive mind concluded TRT implications lol!!

Check and see which oil is being used with your Testosterone. It should be on your vial. You may have allergies to the type of oil used. I was on T-Cypionate compounded with grapeseed oil and after 2-3 months, started having sinus infections, terrible cough, severe flu like symptoms. Switched to sesame oil and the problems disappeared. Its either grapeseed, cottonseed or sesame seed oil. Either way, I would definitely try another oil. Good luck!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Does Testosterone Suppress the Immune System?

Some in vitro and animal data do suggest that high dose testosterone could be immune suppressive. No such immunosuppressive effect is ...

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-thumbnail gsc-thumbnail"]

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

Autoimmune disease in relation to testosterone.

I found a paper that linked low testosterone with autoimmune disease: .... These changes lead to an activation of the immune system.

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-thumbnail gsc-thumbnail"]

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

Re-Ride

I hope that you are feeling better Zojo. It's cold and flu season, not TRT, Nastier than usual. How well do you abide by public health avoidance guidelines such as not touching your mouth or nose, not rubbing your eyes, washing your hands a lot and throwing 55 gal bags over coughing sneezing people who insist on propelling clouds of infectious droplets on everyone and everything?

The rest of the world should take heed of Chinese methods including fines and incarceration for failing to wear a mask, which btw is for containment of respiratory discharge, nothing more.

I do not believe that one may spray lysol on the offenders but you may spray their discharge cloud. Water boarding would likely work as well with the added benefit of behavior modification.

1Draw

New one on me Tommy. I have heard of MCT oil which is has some concentrations of coconut oil but, never rincine....

Wonder if anyone out there is using MCT or rincine oil with the T therapy due to allergies to grapeseed and sesame oil...

zojo360

In regard to the injection protocol, I can only attest to my nature of obsessive behaviors! Yes, I'm feeling good yet always looking to improve. Thanks for all the other input with immune system. I'll be paying more attention to this. Indeed could be just rough luck. I use "Watson" 200mg/ml test cyp. Don't think its allergies to the oil.
Thank all for the input...

moustachu

Any further immune experiences to report on, Zojo360? I've been on TRT (Androgel) for maybe 3/4 of a year, and like what it's done for me in terms of mood, sex drive and energy level. But after a cold then the flu within a few months of one another, I began to do some searching on immunity and T, and saw the same articles/info already referenced here. Thanks for further any personal experience you'd care to share.

Anyone else who'd care to share their mileage, please do of course.

Moustachu

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale