Blood Sugar: Metformin and Berberine

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CSI007

Not sure if this is just a blip since I have had FBG near this before but today my FBG was 101. First full day after taking 500mg twice yesterday. Would love to see below 100 for the first time since I found out my blood sugar was elevated almost 4 years ago!!! I think the lowest I ever recorded (I didn't always test and there were large stretches where I didn't test) since starting a LCHF lifestyle was 100.

So last 3 tests:

124 1/30
116 1/31
101 2/1

Leesto

Not sure if this is just a blip since I have had FBG near this before but today my FBG was 101. First full day after taking 500mg twice yesterday. Would love to see below 100 for the first time since I found out my blood sugar was elevated almost 4 years ago!!! I think the lowest I ever recorded (I didn't always test and there were large stretches where I didn't test) since starting a LCHF lifestyle was 100.

So last 3 tests:

124 1/30
116 1/31
101 2/1

It will be interesting to see the numbers over the next few days.

Linus

Problem with that is I have been at LCHF diet for almost 4 years now. I would figure all that excess sugar stored would be outta there.

I am certain that I do have fatty liver cause I had a sonogram done about 15 years ago shortly after chemo and it indicated fatty liver (chemo a possible cause)
Maybe try meat & eggs only for a month?

CSI007

Maybe try meat & eggs only for a month?

That would be pretty close to what I eat now. It's tough to do no carbs at all. I can do it for a few days but I feel it.

Breakfast is bacon and eggs most mornings. Dinner tonight was BBQ brisket. I do eat some veggies - spinach, broccoli, cauliflower etc.

CSI007

This evening after dinner I did some work in our garage and carried some heavy stuff around. Started to feel dizzy and lightheaded. Like hypoglycemic. Shaky hands.

Took my blood glucose and it was at 88. Have not been that low in a while during the evenings.

Question. Does the body act hypoglycemic as the body adjusts to lower blood sugar and will this even out? For a moment I thought that I was super low sub 70s the way I felt. But the tester has an accuracy of +-20% I think so it could have been as low as 72 or 73.

CSI007

FBG this morning is 123. Must have been a blip. Can't understand why it jumps around so much.

And to answer my above question. Yes, this happens as blood glucose numbers drop. People experience hypo feelings with normal blood sugar because their body thinks it's low when it's really not.

CSI007

FBG this morning was 112 Crazy.

And each of the past two days I had gained 1.5lbs for a total of 3lbs gained. Today, I lost 3lbs. :/

captain

It would probably be better to take your FBG for a week and then post the average weekly. What you eat and what you do everyday is different so your not going to see what's really happening day to day.

CSI007

It would probably be better to take your FBG for a week and then post the average weekly. What you eat and what you do everyday is different so your not going to see what's really happening day to day.

My goal was to post the first couple of days (week) or fasting blood glucose then periodically update the thread with a chart or something.

My focus (if you will) is getting my morning blood glucose down which is what is shown here. If Berberine will have an effect on it it should be noticeable in the daily tests. My goal is to get consistent numbers below 100.

CSI007

1_Week_BerberineFBG.jpg

Week 1 complete with taking 1000mg of Berberine/day. As you can see there probably really wasn't much of a drop for me with FBG. I will continue to take 1000mg per day for another week and if I don't see any noticeable changes I will increase the dosage to 1500mg per day.

I did some research and NIH testing showed ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2410097/) that the most significant drop in FBG was during the first week. Doing a rough calculation, average starting FBG was about 190. Within a week it had dropped between 50 and 70 points! Certainly not the results I am seeing so far. Of course that kind of drop would have killed me. This study was taking 1500mg per day (500mg after each major meal) so that is a difference.

fbg.jpg

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm very happy you're continuing updating this post. As you know I'm not a believer in Berberine. But I have been proven wrong many times. :rolleyes: I reorder my script for MetforminER, 750mg twice a day cost for 90 days 12.50. Not bad

CSI007

Woohoo! So, yesterday was a fairly high bad day for carbs. I made waffles. :( My blood sugar spiked right after them to 175 but with in an hour it was own to 91.

This morning I got my first EVER FBG of below 100! 98 to be exact. But I took another reading immediately and it was 104. So I averaged them out to 101 for the day.

This is a significant development though since I have never been able to get a FBG below 100 in the 4 years that I have been testing off and on.

subing to this thread. You're posting some good info here CSI007.
My PCP told me I was in the pre-diabetes range on my last blood test.
I am currently looking into diet and exercise to see if I can bring my numbers down naturally.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me