Test dosage in relation to HCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

ridedivefx

Hello,

I wanted to ask if the test dosage has to be lowered when HCG is added into the protocol? While researching before I post a question I came across this in the sticky "testosterone side effects management table"

Testicular atrophy

· Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)– One 2,000 unit injection per week for 2 weeks, followed by maintenance of 250-500 IU twice a week. Decrease testosterone dosage accordingly after starting hCG to reach levels around 500-1200 ng/dL while keeping all other lab work monitored
Video on HCG

This answered my question but is there a general guideline on how much typically test has to be lowered for compensation with the introduction of HCG? ie lower the test dose by X amount when Y amount of HCG is introduced?

For example: if 35mg eod is taken for 120mg/week of test and then introduce 250iu twice a week...do I need to lower the test to 100 110 115 or not at all? OR is blood work the only way to tell

thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Henry

Personally, I would add HCG in the mix and then in about 6 weeks have labs done.

This is the best way to do it. Labs will always point you in the right direction.

I take 4 pumps of Androgel. At 250iu's, on Mon, Wed and Fri, I was around 500. Then I went to every other day. My T went to 600. Then I went to 350 on Mon, Wed and Fri and it was 800. I then went to 350 every other day and it was 1000. Now I'm at 500 every other day and it's at 1300. I didn't feel any different from 800 to 1300 so I needed labs to guide me and I can now drop my dosage to get me down to 700-800, still using labs to guide me.

ridedivefx

Thanks for all the replies

@Henry - what does 4 pump of androgel equate to in terms of mg? Have you had any E2 issues with doses and frequency of HCG you listed? Any use of AI?

@Vince and others. Does HCG based on y'alls experience cause spikes in E2. I am E2 sensitive and with adding HCG i am afraid of spiking E2 and therefore thinking of lowering my Test dose from 120mg/week to 100mg/week together with 500iu/week HCG in 2 shots.

Lastly what would be the lowest safe maintenance dose of AI be. Of course giving 6 weeks to reach equilibrium and BW after that.

thanks

@Henry - what does 4 pump of androgel equate to in terms of mg? Have you had any E2 issues with doses and frequency of HCG you listed? Any use of AI?

@Vince and others. Does HCG based on y'alls experience cause spikes in E2. I am E2 sensitive and with adding HCG i am afraid of spiking E2 and therefore thinking of lowering my Test dose from 120mg/week to 100mg/week together with 500iu/week HCG in 2 shots.

Lastly what would be the lowest safe maintenance dose of AI be. Of course giving 6 weeks to reach equilibrium and BW after that.

thanks

There is no such thing as a "maintenance dose of AI" at normal physiological levels of TRT.

Listen, the hCG E2 thing is a bit exaggerated, in some it can make a difference, and in some there is zero difference in E2 levels. It's not like E2 increasing will kill you over night, you'll have a chance to respond to it if it happens, but you're worrying about something that may be unfounded.

CoastWatcher

There is no such thing as a "maintenance dose of AI" at normal physiological levels of TRT.

Listen, the hCG E2 thing is a bit exaggerated, in some it can make a difference, and in some there is zero difference in E2 levels. It's not like E2 increasing will kill you over night, you'll have a chance to respond to it if it happens, but you're worrying about something that may be unfounded.

Please read and accept this as the excellent advice that it is. One need not fear estradiol, one should monitor it and prudently consider responding if it becomes elevated and symptoms present.

ridedivefx

thank you all, I feel my E2 is escalating slowly and I strictly do not want to do an AI. With introducing HCG which may cause even more E2 issues i may lower my test dose and will go by feel and BW again after 6-8 weeks.

Appreciate all the responses

thank you all, I feel my E2 is escalating slowly and I strictly do not want to do an AI. With introducing HCG which may cause even more E2 issues i may lower my test dose and will go by feel and BW again after 6-8 weeks.

Don't make multiple changes at once. You won't know whether something happened because of hCG or lowering test, and this way, if you keep your test protocol the same, you can have evidence that hCG does or does not change your E2.

I feel you are too cautious about E2, and that may cause a problem in the future for you, remember E2 is essential for almost all male sexual functioning.

Do you have any recent labs?

CSI007

thanks

I am taking 1000iu of HCG each week and
100mg of T each week. My E2 is 18.5 after 6 weeks on the program. Don't just throw an AI into the mix until you know you need it.

Henry

Hi,
The 4 pumps of Androgel is 81mg's but people only absorb around 10% of that so I might be getting around 8.1mg's a day. I don't use an AI. I agree with everyone here about AI's. I don't have any symptoms and I'd rather stay away from AI's. If I ever needed them, I'd try other things first, drop dosage, lose weight etc. I don't want to have to deal with dosing AI's

Shotgunning hormones like your suggesting because you feel this or feel that, recipe for disaster. Everyone responds to these things differently, small changes of one thing at a time are the path to success. Please take JDS and Coastwatchers advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me