8 Weeks of HCG Mono - Thoughts on Blood/symptoms?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bobby Boots

Hi All,

Background: 32 years old, 8 weeks into HRT (HCG Monotherapy) via Morganthaler's Mens Health Practice in Boston. Symptoms were very low libido, fatigue, general discontent with life, feeling numb, weight gain/poor fitness, and brain fog. Previously college athlete, and extremely active libido prior to.

Pre HRT Bloods: Range

Total T: 288 375-1000 ng/dl
Free T: .9 0.87-5.47 ng/dL
Prolactin: 22 3.3-20.8 ng/ml
PSA: 1.2 0.0-4.0 ng/ml
LH: 3.9 1.7-11.2 mIU/ml
FSH: 4.2 1.7-11.2 mIU/ml
(non-sensitive) Estradiol: < 25 20.0-75.0 pg/ml
TSH: 3.3 0.5-6.0 uIU/ml
SHBG: 29.1 20.0-60.0 nmol/L
Hematocrit: 45.8 38.5-50.0 %

Post HRT Bloods (6 weeks) Range

Total T: 851 375-1000 ng/dl
Free T: 2.68 0.87-5.47 ng/dL
Prolactin: N/A 3.3-20.8 ng/ml
PSA: N/A 0.0-4.0 ng/ml
LH: <.2 1.7-11.2 mIU/ml
FSH: <1 1.7-11.2 mIU/ml
(non sensitive) Estradiol: 67.9 20.0-75.0 pg/ml
TSH: N/A 0.5-6.0 uIU/ml
SHBG: 20.7 20.0-60.0 nmol/L
Hematocrit: 50.6 38.5-50.0 %

**Awaiting Bloods from Yesterday: 8+ weeks...

Symptom Notes: Felt great after a week+, so weeks 2-4 were awesome! Libido was coming back, few spontaneous erections, better morning erections, erections through the night, etc. SO much more energy, brain fog gone (and still is), better mood outlook on life etc. Great improvements!

Around week 6, libido began to subside again, is now back to where it was pre-TRT. Call it 3 on a scale of 1-10, less frequent morning erections, less strong, definitely trending in the wrong direction from week 5-8.

Started HCG Monotherapy on 1500 x 3, after week 6 it was moved to (by Physician assistant) 1000 x 3, and Arimidex at .5mg 2x per week. Met with Dr. yesterday, and he took me off the AI, said Estrogen is not at a concerning level.

I'm concerned - feel like I'm going backwards, and I'm terrified. Asked about switching to T and supplementing with HCG, and Doctor said I could, but he doesn't expect any change in symptoms from switch to T, and that my ability to maintain fertility is highly unlikely even with HCG supplement.

Not what I was expecting: I was under the impression that a) Better boost with libido on T (w/ or w/o HCG) than HCG mono and B) Less aromitasing on T than HCG (and easier to control on T w/ low does HCG). He says none of those assumptions are factual.

Just trying to keep positive and sort this out - didn't think at 32 I'd be staring down the barrel of no sex life for the rest of my life...I'm freaking out a little.

All guidance and feedback is appreciated!

NOTE: Thought I was going to a good Dr. being that its Morganthaler's practice, but I'm less than impressed.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Why is your estradiol being measured with the inappropriate lab test? It is unreliable for use in men. It is likely that your e2 is actually lower than this test would indicate, but that is not a certainty. We really don't know where your estradiol sits. As for controlling estradiol levels resulting from exogenous testosterone as opposed to HCG-generated e2...it is more of a challenge to control the latter. There is plenty of support for that assertion and plain ignorance to say there isn't. HCG can, and does, maintain fertility for men on exogenous testosterone (though responses certainly vary and there is no guarantee).

Your total testosterone is solid, and your free testosterone has responded. But you don't feel well, some incorrect tests have been run, your hematocrit needs to be addressed, you have been given some misinformation, and you are clearly worried. Pending the results from your most recent labs, I would consider seeking care elsewhere. All of your concerns are appropriate and are being met with a dismissive attitude. You deserve better.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me