33yo never used steroids doc wants me to take clomid

Buy Lab Tests Online

So to better explain I am 33yo I have a total t of 159. My urologist did a physical exam of the gonads and says they look normal. I just had my blood drawn to check free t ,yh fhc, and other stuff. But he also mentioned he wants to prescribe me clomid only to bring my testosterone up. I've been looking all over for info on clomid use for low t and I couldn't find much. I also notice people saying it brings up t levels but does nothing for the symptoms or makes symptoms worse. Can any one verify and of this. I was expecting trt mixed with hcg but never read anything about clomid being used to heal low t just that it is used to increase sperm count. I really could use a 2nd opinion.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Starting Clomid - Will it Succeed?

I am looking to start clomid next week currently my total t is 159. On average how high will my t level go?
500 is better then where i am but will it be enough to repair ed, fatigue, depression and poor muscle gain?

Another question will clomid cause weight loss or weight gain?

CoastWatcher

I am looking to start clomid next week currently my total t is 159. On average how high will my t level go?
500 is better then where i am but will it be enough to repair ed, fatigue, depression and poor muscle gain?

Another question will clomid cause weight loss or weight gain?

In your initial post your doctor said your testicles "looked normal" - for your sake I hope he did more than simply look at them. What other blood tests did he run? I presume he determined that you are dealing with secondary hypogonadism, rather than primary, so where are your LH and FSH levels? Also, your free testosterone, SHBG, estradiol/sensitive, thyroid values, CBC, and CMP? These are the essential tests, along with PSA and prolactin, that should be obtained before TRT is initiated. By posting them, with reference ranges, the discussion that follows will be much more focused.

In in regard to your specific questions, you want answers we can't possibly provide, knowing as little as we do about you and your situation. By giving us more context, labs, telling us how long you've been dealing with the symptoms of hypogonadism, basic medical history, and other medications, we can begin to offer some suggestions. There's no question Clomid works for some, but not all, of the men who have it prescribed. One of the keys to success is how experienced your doctor is in using it.

More information will allow us to offer more commentary.

Vince

Super Moderator
At age 33 you don't want to be on TRT for the rest of your life, unless you can't restart your own production of testosterone. You may want to find a really good doctor first, do a lot of research on doctors. You can post your area and maybe someone will know a good doctor in your area. You could start a new thread, looking for a doctor in this area.

At this time I am waiting on my labs to get back.

What they drew blood for

PSA
Total t
Free t
Lh
FSH
Prolactin.

I am going to get results back Monday or at least early next week.

Last edited:

Been dealing with symptoms for ten years I posted the tests I am waiting to hear back from. I notice you suggested more tests then they took. Should I also need them how beneficial are they and are they important enough to bring up when I see my doc to go over my results.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nelson has a good thread on Suggested Lab Tests and Questions Before and After Initiation of Testosterone Replacement, it's a good read.
Posting blood test results without comprehensive quality of life information may not get you the best quality of input from members of this site. To save time and make your questions clearer, please review this list. You can copy and paste it on a post and add your answers if you wish. This will ensure that you get the best quality input from members.

For affordable lab tests please use www.DiscountedLabs.com

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-After-Initiation-of-Testosterone-Replacement

So my first test was just for total t

My second test was
Total t. 425 348-1197
Free T. 7.7 8.7-25.1
Lh. 3.5 1.7-8.6
FSH. 10.2 1.5-12.4
Prolactin. 6.3 4.0-15.2

Test were done a month apart. Not sure how my total T could go up that much.

Doc is putting me on clomid 25 three days a week.

Not a good doc didn't really explain anything to me.

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Thank you

CoastWatcher

So my first test was just for total t

My second test was
Total t. 425 348-1197
Free T. 7.7 8.7-25.1
Lh. 3.5 1.7-8.6
FSH. 10.2 1.5-12.4
Prolactin. 6.3 4.0-15.2

Test were done a month apart. Not sure how my total T could go up that much.

Doc is putting me on clomid 25 three days a week.

Not a good doc didn't really explain anything to me.

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Thank you

What did he say in regard to your elevated FSH?

Nothing did the consult over the phone going to an endocrinologist at the end of the month hopefully he can explain things better.

That is what my urologist is saying did my consult over the phone I didn't even know my FSH and lh lvls until I picked up my labs later that day. I'm thinking of waiting o have an appointment with an endocrinologist in late February. I need a doctor who knows what he is doing I was also surprised when he didn't test my estrodol.

CoastWatcher

That is what my urologist is saying did my consult over the phone I didn't even know my FSH and lh lvls until I picked up my labs later that day. I'm thinking of waiting o have an appointment with an endocrinologist in late February. I need a doctor who knows what he is doing I was also surprised when he didn't test my estrodol.

I would find new doctors at once. Clomid without estradiol management is crazy - that does not mean mandatory use of an AI, it means estradiol needs regular checking. Clomid can send estradiol through the roof...a ticket to misery. You deserve better. Consider Defy Medical or Prime Body if you can't find good local care. They are worth the cost.

Been on clomid for two weeks and having daily headaches and vivid crap dreams that constantly wake me up in the middle of the night. Waiting to hear back from doctor but I want to stop taking this. What does everyone think?

Been on clomid for two weeks and having daily headaches and vivid crap dreams that constantly wake me up in the middle of the night. Waiting to hear back from doctor but I want to stop taking this. What does everyone think?

I'm pretty sure headaches are one of the reasons to stop clomid immediately.

Did you call your doctor's emergency line?

He doesn't have one. (Emergency line) but I haven't taken today's dose and I don't think I will. Headaches have only been this week but every first five hours of every day so I think it's definitely related. Plus these headaches are different then headaches of the paSt.

He doesn't have one. (Emergency line) but I haven't taken today's dose and I don't think I will. Headaches have only been this week but every first five hours of every day so I think it's definitely related. Plus these headaches are different then headaches of the paSt.

Probably behind the eyes or more in the front of the head?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me